Robert Adolph Fuerstenberg (Bob), 81, of Fort Atkinson, WI passed away peacefully on August 8, 2023 at Our House Senior Living, in Whitewater. Bob was born May 5, 1942 in Elkhorn, WI, to the late Arthur and Jeannette Bogie Fuerstenberg. His engaging smile and friendly outgoing personality will be missed…Read Entire Obituary
Lucille M. Tueller, 70, of Milwaukee, WI passed away on Friday, August 4, 2023 at Vitas Hospice in West Allis. Luci was born on March 16, 1953 in Fort Atkinson, WI the daughter of Lou Pitt and Iona (Barton) Papcke. She grew up in the Whitewater area and graduated from…Read Entire Obituary
James W. Benes III (Jimmie), 88, of Whitewater (formerly of Middleton) passed peacefully from this life into the next on August 2, 2023, with his loving wife of 70 years by his side. Jim was born on March 22, 1935, to James and Marion (Johnson) Benes in Chicago, IL. The…Read Entire Obituary
John R. Faytus, 30, of Whitewater passed away on Friday, August 4, 2023 unexpectedly. John was born on July 6, 1993 in Fort Atkinson to Lenny and Stacie Faytus. During high school, John was active in the wrestling club and in Richmond 4-H. In 4-H, John was very competitive in…Read Entire Obituary
Arlen Gilbert (Arlo) Butt passed away peacefully on August 6, 2023, surrounded by his family. Arlo was born on June 20, 1951, in Elkhorn, WI, to the late Orville and Jessie Butt. He was a man of great patience, kindness, and humility. Arlo’s gentle nature and unwavering positivity made him…Read Entire Obituary
Marjorie “Marge” Ann (Schroeder) Oberle, age 89, passed away peacefully on Thursday, August 3, 2023, surrounded by family at her home in Whitewater, Wisconsin. She was born in Shawano, Wisconsin, on June 28, 1934 to Marvin and Virginia (Wruck) Schroeder. Marge graduated from St. James Lutheran School and from Shawano…Read Entire Obituary
Editor’s note: Updated on 8/7/23 to add survivor names.Read Entire Obituary
Paul D. Stader, 69, passed away Tuesday, July 25, 2023, at SSM St. Mary Hospital-Janesville. He was born October 14, 1953, in Ft. Atkinson, WI to the late George A. and Leona L. (Schmidt) Stader. Paul was a 1975 graduate of Glen Oaks. He enjoyed riding his bike, watching television…Read Entire Obituary
Marlene “Granny” Brunckhorst (Smelzer), 86, of Whitewater, WI, passed away on Friday, July 14, 2023 in Whitewater, WI. Marlene was born on December 18, 1936, to Harold and Pearl (Adams) Smelzer of Dodgeville, WI. She married William Brunckhorst at the First Congregational Church in Spring Green, WI on August 16,…Read Entire Obituary
Stanley W. “Stan” Trewyn, 79, of Fort Atkinson passed away peacefully on Sunday, July 23, 2023 at Marquardt Health Center in Watertown. Stan was born on April 4, 1944 to John and Nellie (Gray) Trewyn, and was one of seventeen children. He grew up in Whitewater and later worked as…Read Entire Obituary
The Banner only accepts obituaries from direct family of the deceased or a licensed funeral home. There is no charge for obituaries on the Banner.
If you would like to submit an obituary, please email the Editor at firstname.lastname@example.org
Submit a Post for the Banner
The Banner relies on community members - you - to submit news, events, photos, and other items of interest to post. If you have something to share with our community, please tell us. And for the most exposure possible, remember Whitewater's sizable Spanish-speaking population and submit a bilingual post!
- Photos - Please include one photo (preferably .jpg or .gif). Exceptions include graduation announcements (which are published in a long list a couple times a year) and recurring submissions (meeting announcements, etc.). Please send all images with a meaningful filename.
- Flyers or Attachments - If your submission has a .pdf flyer or requires a sign-up sheet, please send a LINK to the document, not the actual document. If you do not have a website to host the file, please send us a Google Drive, Dropbox or OneDrive link.
- News events (including sports, public events of local interest, etc.) - Please include as much detailed information as possible, including names of participants, date, place, etc. Due to copyright laws, The Banner does not post stories from other news outlets, however we will often include links to other news outlets in our posts.
- Life events (births, quinceaneras, graduations, engagements, weddings, deaths, etc) - The Banner posts life events, including obituaries, free of charge. Remember, the more details, the better.
- Upcoming public events (meetings, concerts, plays, fund-raisers, etc.) - We encourage all organizers of public events to submit a listing for the Community Calendar. If you would also like a post for your event, please submit it separately below, and don't forget detailed contact info like website URL, e-mail address, or phone number.
- Private and for-profit events - Please contact us for advertising information for your private event.
- Timing - The Banner is maintained by volunteers who make every effort to publish posts as quickly as possible. If something is time critical, please plan ahead.
- Editorial Discretion - The Banner editorial committee reserves the right to reject submissions for any reason, including but not limited to content, misspellings, inaccuracies, "non-localness" etc. Please edit your submission thoroughly before submitting.
- Questions - If you have any questions, please contact us.
To Submit, please email us or complete the form below:
The Mission of the Whitewater Banner
Early City Motto "The Banner Inland City of the Midwest"
The Banner has been serving Whitewater, Wisconsin since August 1, 2006