- 2021 John’s Garbage, Recycle and Bulk Collections – City of Whitewater
- 2021 John’s Garbage, Recycle and Bulk Collections – Town of Whitewater
- 2021 John’s Garbage, Recycle and Bulk Collections – Town of Cold Spring
- 2021 John’s Garbage, Recycle and Bulk Collections – Town of Lima
- 2021 John’s Garbage, Recycle and Bulk Collections – Town of La Grange
- Seniors in the Park Newsletters
- Studio 84 Newsletters
- United Way of Jefferson and Walworth County Newsletters
- UWW Police Newsletters
- Whitewater Area League of Women Voters Newsletters
- Whitewater Area Chamber of Commerce Newsletter
- Whitewater Arts Alliance Newsletters
- Whitewater Police Department Newsletters
- Whitewater University Technology Park
- Assembly of God
- B’nai Abraham Congregation For Area Jewish community – Beloit
- Christus Ev. Lutheran Church
- Church of the First Born
- Community of Christ the Servant
- Congregational – United Church of Christ
- CrossPointe Community Church
- First English Lutheran
- First United Methodist
- Kettle Moraine Baptist
- LaGrange United Methodist Church
- Living Word Fellowship
- Millard Community Church
- Richmond United Methodist Church
- St. John Evangelical Lutheran (WELS)
- St. Patrick Catholic Church
- Unitarian Universalist Church of the Lakes – Elkhorn
- Bassett House
- Bethel House
- Chamber of Commerce
- Discover Whitewater Series
- Downtown Whitewater Inc.
- Fourth of July Committee
- Go WW Now
- Greater Whitewater Committee
- Historical Society
- League of Women Voters – Whitewater Area
- Optimist Club
- Seniors in the Park
- Studio 84
- UW Whitewater Community Engagement Center
- Whitewater Community Foundation
- Whitewater Kiwanis Breakfast Club
- Whitewater Innovation Center
- Whitewater Tourism Council
- Wisconsin Makers
- Whitewater Arts Alliance
- Whitewater Food Pantry
- Whitewater Lake Association
Charlotte Loth passed away on December 30, 2020 at Lakeland Hospital in Elkhorn of COVID related complications
Charlotte Loth passed away on Dec 30, 2020 at Lakeland Hospital in Elkhorn, WI of COVID related complications. She was born on March 18, 1928 in Whitewater, WI to Ellis Arthur Uglow and Dorothy May Mules Uglow. Charlotte was preceded in death by her parents, Dorothy and Ellis Uglow, her…Read Entire Obituary
Kendall T. Des Jardin Jr., of East Troy, was born into eternal life on December 27, 2020 at the age of 82
Kendall T. Des Jardin Jr., of East Troy, was born into eternal life on December 27, 2020 at the age of 82. He is survived by his loving wife Nancy (nee Anderson) of 30 years; loving step-dad of James Allen of Whitewater and Kim (Bruce) Pontel of Harshaw; proud uncle…Read Entire Obituary
Richard “Dick” Harold Kraus Sr, 94, Fort Atkinson, formerly of Whitewater, passed away on Tuesday, December 29, 2020 at Alden Estates of Jefferson
Richard “Dick” Harold Kraus Sr, 94, Fort Atkinson, formerly of Whitewater, passed away on Tuesday, December 29, 2020 at Alden Estates of Jefferson. Dick was born on August 31, 1926 in Whitewater, WI to Arthur and Bertha (Krebs) Kraus. He graduated from Whitewater College High School. Dick married Frances Roselle…Read Entire Obituary
Arthur “Art” E. Duerst, 92 of Elkhorn, WI, died Sunday, December 27, 2020 at Vintage on the Ponds of Delavan, WI
Arthur “Art” E. Duerst, 92 of Elkhorn, WI, died Sunday, December 27, 2020 at Vintage on the Ponds of Delavan, WI. He was born August 17, 1928 in LaGrange Township, WI, the son of the late Edwil and Emma (Beutler) Duerst. Art graduated from Whitewater High School with the Class of 1946. He…Read Entire Obituary
Adeline E. Sents, age 93, formerly of Washington, Iowa died Sunday, December 27, 2020 at Colonial Manor, in Columbus Junction, Iowa
Adeline E. Sents, age 93, formerly of Washington, Iowa died Sunday, December 27, 2020 at Colonial Manor, in Columbus Junction, Iowa. A graveside service will be held at a later date. A memorial has been established for the Welsh North American Association. The Jones & Eden Funeral Home of Washington…Read Entire Obituary
Heinz Alfred Stettner, 81, Whitewater passed away at his home surrounded by his family on Monday, December 28, 2020
Heinz Alfred Stettner, 81, Whitewater passed away at his home surrounded by his family on Monday, December 28, 2020. Heinz was born on October 14, 1939 in Germany to Karl and Emma (Maier) Stettner. He immigrated to the United States in October, 1958 to work on his aunt and uncle’s dairy farm…Read Entire Obituary
Daniel K. Loften “Loft,” age 71, of Whitewater, passed away peacefully Friday, December 25, 2020 at the Wm. Middleton Memorial Veterans Hospital surrounded by his wife and children
Daniel K. Loften “Loft”, age 71, of Whitewater, passed away peacefully Friday, December 25, 2020 at the William S. Middleton Memorial Veterans Hospital surrounded by his wife and children. He was born in Janesville on September 3, 1949, the son of the late Jim and LaDean (Butt) Loften. Dan graduated…Read Entire Obituary
Dennis Glen Knuteson, long time resident of Whitewater, passed away peacefully in the early morning on December 24, 2020, at Meriter Hospital
Dennis Glen Knuteson, long time resident of Whitewater, Wisconsin, passed away peacefully in the early morning on Christmas Eve, December 24, 2020, at Meriter Hospital in Madison, Wisconsin. Dennis was born on July 1, 1941 in Whitewater, Wisconsin to Glen and Beatrice Knuteson. He graduated from Whitewater High School in…Read Entire Obituary
Madeleine (Lanier) Isch, 94, of Whitewater passed away on December 23, 2020 at The Glenwood at Mulberry
Madeleine (Lanier) Isch, 94, of Whitewater passed away on December 23, 2020 at The Glenwood at Mulberry. Madeleine was born on February 20, 1926 in France to Pierre and Marie Lanier. She started her working career in Paris as a cashier for the National Post Office. She immigrated to the…Read Entire Obituary
James Edward Ney, MD passed on to Eternal Life at his home in Delavan, WI on Tuesday, December 22, 2020 at the age of 91
James Edward Ney, MD passed on to Eternal Life at his home in Delavan, WI on Tuesday, December 22, 2020 at the age of 91. Beloved husband of Kathleen (nee Bruks). Loving father to daughters Debra (Richard) Acker, Michelle (Thomas) Masson II, and Sara (William) O’Reilly. Proud grandfather of Dr….Read Entire Obituary
The Banner only accepts obituaries from direct family of the deceased or a licensed funeral home. There is no charge for obituaries on the Banner.
If you would like to submit an obituary, please email the Editor at firstname.lastname@example.org
Submit a Post for the Banner
The Banner relies on community members - you - to submit news, events, photos, and other items of interest to post. If you have something to share with our community, please tell us. And for the most exposure possible, remember Whitewater's sizable Spanish-speaking population and submit a bilingual post!
- Photos - Please include one photo (preferably .jpg or .gif). Exceptions include graduation announcements (which are published in a long list a couple times a year) and recurring submissions (meeting announcements, etc.). Please send all images with a meaningful filename.
- Flyers or Attachments - If your submission has a .pdf flyer or requires a sign-up sheet, please send a LINK to the document, not the actual document. If you do not have a website to host the file, please send us a Google Drive, Dropbox or OneDrive link.
- News events (including sports, public events of local interest, etc.) - Please include as much detailed information as possible, including names of participants, date, place, etc. Due to copyright laws, The Banner does not post stories from other news outlets, however we will often include links to other news outlets in our posts.
- Life events (births, quinceaneras, graduations, engagements, weddings, deaths, etc) - The Banner posts life events, including obituaries, free of charge. Remember, the more details, the better.
- Upcoming public events (meetings, concerts, plays, fund-raisers, etc.) - We encourage all organizers of public events to submit a listing for the Community Calendar. If you would also like a post for your event, please submit it separately below, and don't forget detailed contact info like website URL, e-mail address, or phone number.
- Private and for-profit events - Please contact us for advertising information for your private event.
- Timing - The Banner is maintained by volunteers who make every effort to publish posts as quickly as possible. If something is time critical, please plan ahead.
- Editorial Discretion - The Banner editorial committee reserves the right to reject submissions for any reason, including but not limited to content, misspellings, inaccuracies, "non-localness" etc. Please edit your submission thoroughly before submitting.
- Questions - If you have any questions, please contact us.
To Submit, please email us or complete the form below:
The Mission of the Whitewater Banner
Early City Motto "The Banner Inland City of the Midwest"
The Banner has been serving Whitewater, Wisconsin since August 1, 2006