Donald W. McCready Jr. passed away peacefully at the age of 95 on September 25, 2022 at Heritage Monona assisted living with hospice care from Bristol Hospice. Born on January 17th, 1927 in Menasha, Wisconsin to Donald Sr. and Henriette McCready. Shortly after that the family moved to Ann Arbor, Michigan,where…Read Entire Obituary
Richard Alan “Rick” Hartmann, 68, of Whitewater passed away on Tuesday, September 27, 2022 at his home. Rick was born on August 14, 1954 in Fort Atkinson to Carl and Emmy (Geitner) Hartmann. He graduated from Whitewater High School in 1972, and in 1988 he purchased Rick’s Eastside Pub. On…Read Entire Obituary
Jeannie C. Patrick, 84, of Fort Atkinson, passed away on Friday, September 23rd, 2022 at herhome after a lingering illness. Jeannie was born on November 21st, 1937, in the city of Janesville, to James and Elinor (Perry)Larson. Jeannie worked 40 years as a CNA at Countryside/Alden until the age of…Read Entire Obituary
Craig A. Garbisch, 62, of Fort Atkinson, passed away unexpectedly on Thursday,September 22, 2022. He was born in Watertown, WI, on June 3, 1960, son of the lateEugene A. Garbisch and Ruth M. Garbisch (Lueder). Craig had many struggles and hardships in his short life, but he always had a…Read Entire Obituary
On the evening of Wednesday, September 21, 2022, Douglas John Hoekman passed away surrounded by family at Rainbow Hospice Inpatient Center. He was sixty-eight years old. Doug was born on July 13, 1954 to John and Darlene (Minkey) Hoekman, joining older sisters Kathy and Doreen. He graduated from Whitewater High…Read Entire Obituary
Audrey (Johnson) McLay, 92, passed away peacefully on September 17, 2022, at the Prairie Home Assisted Living facility in Menasha, WI. Born July 17, 1930, the youngest of five siblings, she grew up in Whitewater, WI, and graduated from Whitewater High School. She participated in some nurses training before marrying…Read Entire Obituary
Larry Edward Heesch, 75, residing in Whitewater, Wisconsin, passed away peacefully on Wednesday, September 14, 2022. Larry was born August 21, 1947 in Inglewood, California. He grew up in sunny southern California where he enjoyed time at the beach riding the waves and playing volleyball. He was an accomplished amateur…Read Entire Obituary
Doris Faith LeGault of Delevan, Wisconsin passed away September 9, 2022. She was born on December 23, 1931 to Charles and Emma Wiler. Doris loved her family, music, teaching, and needlework. Doris’s giving spirit led her to donating gift boxes to children in need. Doris had a beautiful voice and…Read Entire Obituary
WHITEWATER — Shirley Ann Stone Hapka entered into eternal life on Wednesday, September 6, at her home, where she had resided since 1962. Shirley was born in Whitewater on February 27, 1940 to Ralph and Eleanor (Jacobs) Stone. She graduated from what is now the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater with a…Read Entire Obituary
Update: Condolences may be left here. I-Ning Huang December 11, 1939 ~ August 30, 2022 I-Ning Huang, beloved husband and father, doting grandfather, respected teacher, wise mentor, and family historian passed away peacefully at the Sawtelle Family Hospice House in Reading, MA on August 30, 2022. He was born on…Read Entire Obituary
The Banner only accepts obituaries from direct family of the deceased or a licensed funeral home. There is no charge for obituaries on the Banner.
If you would like to submit an obituary, please email the Editor at firstname.lastname@example.org
Submit a Post for the Banner
The Banner relies on community members - you - to submit news, events, photos, and other items of interest to post. If you have something to share with our community, please tell us. And for the most exposure possible, remember Whitewater's sizable Spanish-speaking population and submit a bilingual post!
- Photos - Please include one photo (preferably .jpg or .gif). Exceptions include graduation announcements (which are published in a long list a couple times a year) and recurring submissions (meeting announcements, etc.). Please send all images with a meaningful filename.
- Flyers or Attachments - If your submission has a .pdf flyer or requires a sign-up sheet, please send a LINK to the document, not the actual document. If you do not have a website to host the file, please send us a Google Drive, Dropbox or OneDrive link.
- News events (including sports, public events of local interest, etc.) - Please include as much detailed information as possible, including names of participants, date, place, etc. Due to copyright laws, The Banner does not post stories from other news outlets, however we will often include links to other news outlets in our posts.
- Life events (births, quinceaneras, graduations, engagements, weddings, deaths, etc) - The Banner posts life events, including obituaries, free of charge. Remember, the more details, the better.
- Upcoming public events (meetings, concerts, plays, fund-raisers, etc.) - We encourage all organizers of public events to submit a listing for the Community Calendar. If you would also like a post for your event, please submit it separately below, and don't forget detailed contact info like website URL, e-mail address, or phone number.
- Private and for-profit events - Please contact us for advertising information for your private event.
- Timing - The Banner is maintained by volunteers who make every effort to publish posts as quickly as possible. If something is time critical, please plan ahead.
- Editorial Discretion - The Banner editorial committee reserves the right to reject submissions for any reason, including but not limited to content, misspellings, inaccuracies, "non-localness" etc. Please edit your submission thoroughly before submitting.
- Questions - If you have any questions, please contact us.
To Submit, please email us or complete the form below:
The Mission of the Whitewater Banner
Early City Motto "The Banner Inland City of the Midwest"
The Banner has been serving Whitewater, Wisconsin since August 1, 2006