Joseph Jess Campbell, of Whitewater, WI, passed away on November 27, 2023, at the age of 95. Joe was born to J. Jess and Laura E. (Hitch) Campbell on April 11, 1928, in Harvey, Illinois. Joe graduated from Whitewater High School in 1946. He was drafted into the U.S. Army…Read Entire Obituary
Tami Corinne Schultz, 62, Whitewater, passed away on Thursday, November 16, 2023, at her home surrounded by her family. Tami was born on April 20, 1961, in Fort Atkinson to Jerry and Sandra (Bittner) Footit. She graduated from Whitewater High School in 1981. Tami married Ronald Schultz on July 18,…Read Entire Obituary
On October 28, 2023, James Ronald Rubietta of Jefferson, WI passed away at the age of 86. The co-owner of Whispering Wings Game Farm, he grew up in Illinois. He is survived by his wife of 67 years, Marie (Huff); two sons Richard and Thomas, seven grandchildren and three great-grandchildren; sister Diane (Rubietta) Ruppert and her two adult children, six grandchildren, and a great-grandchild; and sister Beth (Selonke) Waters, her son Scott, and…Read Entire Obituary
Raymond T. Garlock, 75, of Whitewater, WI passed away peacefully on Saturday, November 18, 2023 at Froedtert Hospital in Milwaukee. Ray was born on December 11, 1947 in Fort Atkinson, WI, the son of Donald and Inez (Barnes) Garlock. He grew up in the Palmyra area and after his schooling…Read Entire Obituary
Daniel L. “Dan” Schroedl, 82, of Whitewater passed away on Wednesday, November 15, 2023 at his home. Dan was born on November 1, 1941 in Whitewater to Anthony and Dorothy (Kyle) Schroedl, where he has lived and worked his entire life. Dan retired from Hawthorn Mellody Dairy in 1992 after…Read Entire Obituary
Dr. John C.H. Oh, Ph.D., passed away peacefully at Oakwood Village, in Madison, Wisconsin on November 9, 2023. He was born in Korea as Chung-Hwan Oh in 1934. In the early 1950s, John came alone to the United States to pursue his dreams. In New York, he met the love…Read Entire Obituary
William “Bill” A. Oliver, of Janesville, passed away unexpectedly at home on Monday, November 6, 2023 at the age of 61. Bill was born in Rice Lake, Wisconsin on March 10, 1962, the son of George “Jim” and Janice (Knudson) Oliver. After graduating from Stevens Point High School in 1981,…Read Entire Obituary
Debra “Deb” A. Heiber, of Roscoe Township, IL, passed away on October 2, 2023, at the age of 70 years, at the University of Wisconsin Hospitals and Clinics following complications from surgeries. She was with family members and comfortable at the time of her passing. Deb was born on October…Read Entire Obituary
Ronald R. “Ron” Bergsten died at home in Prairie Village, Whitewater, Wisconsin, on November 8, 2023. Ron was born in DeKalb, Illinois, on January 29, 1939, the youngest of three sons born to Soender and Ruth Bergsten. For the first eight years of his education, Ron attended the training school…Read Entire Obituary
David Harvey “Feedbag” Papcke June 14, 1933~November 3, 2023 David H. Papcke “Feedbag,” 90, passed away Friday, November 3, 2023 at Vintage on the Ponds in Delavan, WI. He was born June 14, 1933 to Fred and Martha (Arndt) Papcke, in Whitewater, WI. the 4th of 11 children. Dave attended…Read Entire Obituary
The Banner only accepts obituaries from direct family of the deceased or a licensed funeral home. There is no charge for obituaries on the Banner.
If you would like to submit an obituary, please email the Editor at email@example.com
Submit a Post for the Banner
The Banner relies on community members - you - to submit news, events, photos, and other items of interest to post. If you have something to share with our community, please tell us. And for the most exposure possible, remember Whitewater's sizable Spanish-speaking population and submit a bilingual post!
- Photos - Please include one photo (preferably .jpg or .gif). Exceptions include graduation announcements (which are published in a long list a couple times a year) and recurring submissions (meeting announcements, etc.). Please send all images with a meaningful filename.
- Flyers or Attachments - If your submission has a .pdf flyer or requires a sign-up sheet, please send a LINK to the document, not the actual document. If you do not have a website to host the file, please send us a Google Drive, Dropbox or OneDrive link.
- News events (including sports, public events of local interest, etc.) - Please include as much detailed information as possible, including names of participants, date, place, etc. Due to copyright laws, The Banner does not post stories from other news outlets, however we will often include links to other news outlets in our posts.
- Life events (births, quinceaneras, graduations, engagements, weddings, deaths, etc) - The Banner posts life events, including obituaries, free of charge. Remember, the more details, the better.
- Upcoming public events (meetings, concerts, plays, fund-raisers, etc.) - We encourage all organizers of public events to submit a listing for the Community Calendar. If you would also like a post for your event, please submit it separately below, and don't forget detailed contact info like website URL, e-mail address, or phone number.
- Private and for-profit events - Please contact us for advertising information for your private event.
- Timing - The Banner is maintained by volunteers who make every effort to publish posts as quickly as possible. If something is time critical, please plan ahead.
- Editorial Discretion - The Banner editorial committee reserves the right to reject submissions for any reason, including but not limited to content, misspellings, inaccuracies, "non-localness" etc. Please edit your submission thoroughly before submitting.
- Questions - If you have any questions, please contact us.
To Submit, please email us or complete the form below:
The Mission of the Whitewater Banner
Early City Motto "The Banner Inland City of the Midwest"
The Banner has been serving Whitewater, Wisconsin since August 1, 2006