Joseph Ray Brown, 58, of Milton, Wisconsin passed away peacefully on Friday, August 5, 2022, after a 5-year battle with ALS. Joe was born August 1, 1964, in Janesville, Wisconsin to Ronald and Janet Brown. He grew up on the Milton family farm and attended Milton schools. He graduated from…Read Entire Obituary
Carolyn Stroupe, 96, of Whitewater, Wisconsin, passed away peacefully on Wednesday morning, July 27, 2022, at Agrace Hospice in Madison, Wisconsin. Carolyn was born January 9, 1926, in Buck Creek, Indiana, the daughter of Frank and Eva Pearson. She graduated from high school in Monticello, Indiana, and in her younger years spent many a…Read Entire Obituary
Joyce Pauline Piper Duffin, 93, of Whitewater passed away peacefully Friday, August 5, 2022 surrounded by loved ones. Joyce was born on October 12, 1928 in Cold Spring, WI, the daughter of Lisle and Leona (Akin) Piper. She attended Whitewater City High School and was Salutatorian of her class. Upon…Read Entire Obituary
Virginia “Ginny” Hellenga died on August 3, 2022 in Knoxville, Illinois at age 79. Virginia was born in LaPorte, Indiana on April 22, 1943 to John Ted and Hazel Minnie (Clifford) Killion. She grew up in Battle Creek, Michigan, and after graduating from Battle Creek High School studied at the…Read Entire Obituary
Manfred Jurgen Engel, 72, passed away on July 15, 2022 at Agrace Hospice in Fitchburg, WI. Manfred was born in Germany to Gustive and Paula (Kerpa) Engel on January 20, 1950. His parents, he and his sister Hannelore, immigrated to the United States in 1952. Manfred graduated from Whitewater High…Read Entire Obituary
Steven (Steve) Alvarado “Alvy,” age 64, of Fort Atkinson, WI passed awayunexpectedly on Wednesday, July 20, 2022. Steven was born in Laredo, Texason May 23, 1958, son of Juan and Juliana (Estevis) Alvarado Sr. He and hisfamily moved to Palmyra, Wisconsin in 1960 and resided in the area theremainder of…Read Entire Obituary
On Sunday, July 24, 2022 Thomas Michael Wollet, of Jefferson, loving father and grandfather passed away, at the age of 66, from a rare neurodegenerative disorder, Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease. In his death, as in his life, he truly was ‘one in a million.’ Tom was born May 1, 1956, in Jefferson, WI to…Read Entire Obituary
Marjorie Ann Triebold (Schonath) went to her eternal home on July 22, 2022. Marge was born onJanuary 6, 1937, to John and Martha (Hoppe) Schonath in Whitewater, Wisconsin. She graduated from Whitewater City High School in 1954 and then went on to graduate from UW-Whitewater in 1958 with a degree…Read Entire Obituary
On Tuesday, July 19, 2022, Mary Carla (Carla) Heimerl, (nee Abbot) formerly from Evansville, passed away peacefully at her daughter’s home in Whitewater at the age of 90. Carla was born on August 14, 1931 in Fremont, Ohio. She was lovingly raised by Gertrude Abel in Pittsburgh, PA and Kansas…Read Entire Obituary
The Banner only accepts obituaries from direct family of the deceased or a licensed funeral home. There is no charge for obituaries on the Banner.
If you would like to submit an obituary, please email the Editor at firstname.lastname@example.org
Submit a Post for the Banner
The Banner relies on community members - you - to submit news, events, photos, and other items of interest to post. If you have something to share with our community, please tell us. And for the most exposure possible, remember Whitewater's sizable Spanish-speaking population and submit a bilingual post!
- Photos - Please include one photo (preferably .jpg or .gif). Exceptions include graduation announcements (which are published in a long list a couple times a year) and recurring submissions (meeting announcements, etc.). Please send all images with a meaningful filename.
- Flyers or Attachments - If your submission has a .pdf flyer or requires a sign-up sheet, please send a LINK to the document, not the actual document. If you do not have a website to host the file, please send us a Google Drive, Dropbox or OneDrive link.
- News events (including sports, public events of local interest, etc.) - Please include as much detailed information as possible, including names of participants, date, place, etc. Due to copyright laws, The Banner does not post stories from other news outlets, however we will often include links to other news outlets in our posts.
- Life events (births, quinceaneras, graduations, engagements, weddings, deaths, etc) - The Banner posts life events, including obituaries, free of charge. Remember, the more details, the better.
- Upcoming public events (meetings, concerts, plays, fund-raisers, etc.) - We encourage all organizers of public events to submit a listing for the Community Calendar. If you would also like a post for your event, please submit it separately below, and don't forget detailed contact info like website URL, e-mail address, or phone number.
- Private and for-profit events - Please contact us for advertising information for your private event.
- Timing - The Banner is maintained by volunteers who make every effort to publish posts as quickly as possible. If something is time critical, please plan ahead.
- Editorial Discretion - The Banner editorial committee reserves the right to reject submissions for any reason, including but not limited to content, misspellings, inaccuracies, "non-localness" etc. Please edit your submission thoroughly before submitting.
- Questions - If you have any questions, please contact us.
To Submit, please email us or complete the form below:
The Mission of the Whitewater Banner
Early City Motto "The Banner Inland City of the Midwest"
The Banner has been serving Whitewater, Wisconsin since August 1, 2006