- 2021 John’s Garbage, Recycle and Bulk Collections – City of Whitewater
- 2021 John’s Garbage, Recycle and Bulk Collections – Town of Whitewater
- 2021 John’s Garbage, Recycle and Bulk Collections – Town of Cold Spring
- 2021 John’s Garbage, Recycle and Bulk Collections – Town of Lima
- 2021 John’s Garbage, Recycle and Bulk Collections – Town of La Grange
- Seniors in the Park Newsletters
- Studio 84 Newsletters
- United Way of Jefferson and Walworth County Newsletters
- UWW Police Newsletters
- Whitewater Area League of Women Voters Newsletters
- Whitewater Area Chamber of Commerce Newsletter
- Whitewater Arts Alliance Newsletters
- Whitewater Police Department Newsletters
- Whitewater University Technology Park
- Assembly of God
- B’nai Abraham Congregation For Area Jewish community – Beloit
- Christus Ev. Lutheran Church
- Church of the First Born
- Community of Christ the Servant
- Congregational – United Church of Christ
- CrossPointe Community Church
- First English Lutheran
- First United Methodist
- Kettle Moraine Baptist
- LaGrange United Methodist Church
- Living Word Fellowship
- Millard Community Church
- Richmond United Methodist Church
- St. John Evangelical Lutheran (WELS)
- St. Patrick Catholic Church
- Unitarian Universalist Church of the Lakes – Elkhorn
- Bassett House
- Bethel House
- Chamber of Commerce
- Discover Whitewater Series
- Downtown Whitewater Inc.
- Fourth of July Committee
- Go WW Now
- Greater Whitewater Committee
- Historical Society
- League of Women Voters – Whitewater Area
- Optimist Club
- Seniors in the Park
- Studio 84
- UW Whitewater Community Engagement Center
- Whitewater Community Foundation
- Whitewater Kiwanis Breakfast Club
- Whitewater Innovation Center
- Whitewater Tourism Council
- Wisconsin Makers
- Whitewater Arts Alliance
- Whitewater Food Pantry
- Whitewater Lake Association
Robert “Bob” J. McLernon, 84, Whitewater, formerly of Lake Geneva, died peacefully at home Sunday, January 24, 2021 after a long illness.
Robert “Bob” J. McLernon, 84, Whitewater, WI formerly of Lake Geneva, WI died peacefully at home Sunday January 24, 2021 after a long illness. He was born March 14, 1936 in Elkhorn, WI the son of the late Walter and Alma (Renner) McLernon. He graduated from Lake Geneva High School…Read Entire Obituary
James Edwin Olsen completed this life’s journey Wednesday, January 20, 2021, at his home, after a valiant battle with cancer
James Edwin Olsen completed this life’s journey Wednesday evening, January 20, 2021, at his home, after a valiant battle with cancer. Born September 14, 1947 to Francis A. and Betty J. (Wiley) Olsen in Fort Atkinson, WI. Jim grew up and attended elementary and high schools in Whitewater, WI, graduating in…Read Entire Obituary
Linda L. Gregoire, 79, of Whitewater died peacefully at home with her family by her side on Wednesday, January 20, 2021
Linda L. Gregoire, 79, of Whitewater, WI died peacefully at home with her family by her side on Wednesday, January 20, 2021. Linda was born on August 4, 1941 the oldest of three children, to Lester and Mattie Lee (Rader) Mikkelsen. She married Donald Gregoire, Sr. on July 1, 1960 and…Read Entire Obituary
Joan E. Kraege, 89, Whitewater, died on Thursday, January 14, 2021 at her home. Joan was the daughter of Clifton and Rose (Henderson) Henderson and was born on November 7, 1931 in Whitewater, WI. She was a great-granddaughter of the first settler in Cold Spring Township, Alexander Henderson, 3 miles…Read Entire Obituary
James “Jim” Coleman, 83, Lima Center, passed away on Thursday, January 14, 2021 at Mercy Hospital Janesville
James “Jim” Coleman, 83, Lima Center, passed away on Thursday, January 14, 2021 at Mercy Hospital Janesville. Jim was born on April 19,1937 in Lima Center to Ed and Diana Schneider Coleman. He graduated from Whitewater High School. Jim married Catherine Coleman on February 24,1968. Jim was a carpenter and…Read Entire Obituary
Brent A. Kepp, of Whitewater passed away on January 13 at St. Mary’s Hospital, Madison due to complications to a recent diagnosis of AML
Brent A. Kepp, of Whitewater, WI passed away on January 13, 2021 at SSM Health St. Mary’s Hospital, Madison due to complications to a recent diagnosis of AML (Acute Myeloid Leukemia). Lynne was by his side. Brent was born in Edgerton, WI on September 21, 1952, the son of LeRoy…Read Entire Obituary
(UW-W press release) Dr. Willie Myers, a wrestling coach, instructor and athletics administrator at the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater for 36 years, passed away Tuesday, January 12 at the age of 81. Myers served as Head Wrestling Coach from 1968-2004 and as Men’s Athletic Director from 1983-98, and was a tenured…Read Entire Obituary
Patricia “Pat” Ann Quass, 87, of Whitewater passed away on Tuesday, January 12, 2021 at Fairhaven Senior Services. Pat was born on December 13, 1933 in Cooksville, Wisconsin to Clair “Frank” Calhoun and Palma “Polly” Keyes. She was raised on a crop farm in the Brooklyn, Wisconsin area. She attended…Read Entire Obituary
Jeffrey Charles Barnett, 74, of Whitewater, passed away on January 12, 2021, in the comfort of his home with his loving wife, Barbara, by his side
Jeffrey Charles Barnett, 74, of Whitewater, Wisconsin, passed away on January 12, 2021, in the comfort of his home with his loving wife, Barbara, by his side. Jeff succumbed to the ravages of Lewy Body Dementia, Raynaud’s Disease, and Parkinson’s, and is survived by his wife of 53 years, Barbara;…Read Entire Obituary
Samuel Joseph Deegan, of Richmond, passed on January 6, 2021 at Vintage on the Ponds in Delavan. He was born February 16, 1944 to Henry and Frances (Schmidt) Deegan in Lake Mills, WI. The family moved to Delavan in 1956 and attended St. Andrews Catholic School and Delavan/Darien High School….Read Entire Obituary
The Banner only accepts obituaries from direct family of the deceased or a licensed funeral home. There is no charge for obituaries on the Banner.
If you would like to submit an obituary, please email the Editor at email@example.com
Submit a Post for the Banner
The Banner relies on community members - you - to submit news, events, photos, and other items of interest to post. If you have something to share with our community, please tell us. And for the most exposure possible, remember Whitewater's sizable Spanish-speaking population and submit a bilingual post!
- Photos - Please include one photo (preferably .jpg or .gif). Exceptions include graduation announcements (which are published in a long list a couple times a year) and recurring submissions (meeting announcements, etc.). Please send all images with a meaningful filename.
- Flyers or Attachments - If your submission has a .pdf flyer or requires a sign-up sheet, please send a LINK to the document, not the actual document. If you do not have a website to host the file, please send us a Google Drive, Dropbox or OneDrive link.
- News events (including sports, public events of local interest, etc.) - Please include as much detailed information as possible, including names of participants, date, place, etc. Due to copyright laws, The Banner does not post stories from other news outlets, however we will often include links to other news outlets in our posts.
- Life events (births, quinceaneras, graduations, engagements, weddings, deaths, etc) - The Banner posts life events, including obituaries, free of charge. Remember, the more details, the better.
- Upcoming public events (meetings, concerts, plays, fund-raisers, etc.) - We encourage all organizers of public events to submit a listing for the Community Calendar. If you would also like a post for your event, please submit it separately below, and don't forget detailed contact info like website URL, e-mail address, or phone number.
- Private and for-profit events - Please contact us for advertising information for your private event.
- Timing - The Banner is maintained by volunteers who make every effort to publish posts as quickly as possible. If something is time critical, please plan ahead.
- Editorial Discretion - The Banner editorial committee reserves the right to reject submissions for any reason, including but not limited to content, misspellings, inaccuracies, "non-localness" etc. Please edit your submission thoroughly before submitting.
- Questions - If you have any questions, please contact us.
To Submit, please email us or complete the form below:
The Mission of the Whitewater Banner
Early City Motto "The Banner Inland City of the Midwest"
The Banner has been serving Whitewater, Wisconsin since August 1, 2006