- 2021 John’s Garbage, Recycle and Bulk Collections – City of Whitewater
- 2021 John’s Garbage, Recycle and Bulk Collections – Town of Whitewater
- 2021 John’s Garbage, Recycle and Bulk Collections – Town of Cold Spring
- 2021 John’s Garbage, Recycle and Bulk Collections – Town of Lima
- 2021 John’s Garbage, Recycle and Bulk Collections – Town of La Grange
- Seniors in the Park Newsletters
- Studio 84 Newsletters
- United Way of Jefferson and Walworth County Newsletters
- UWW Police Newsletters
- Whitewater Area League of Women Voters Newsletters
- Whitewater Area Chamber of Commerce Newsletter
- Whitewater Arts Alliance Newsletters
- Whitewater Police Department Newsletters
- Whitewater University Technology Park
- Assembly of God
- B’nai Abraham Congregation For Area Jewish community – Beloit
- Christus Ev. Lutheran Church
- Church of the First Born
- Community of Christ the Servant
- Congregational – United Church of Christ
- CrossPointe Community Church
- First English Lutheran
- First United Methodist
- Kettle Moraine Baptist
- LaGrange United Methodist Church
- Living Word Fellowship
- Millard Community Church
- Richmond United Methodist Church
- St. John Evangelical Lutheran (WELS)
- St. Patrick Catholic Church
- Unitarian Universalist Church of the Lakes – Elkhorn
- Bassett House
- Bethel House
- Chamber of Commerce
- Discover Whitewater Series
- Downtown Whitewater Inc.
- Fourth of July Committee
- Go WW Now
- Greater Whitewater Committee
- Historical Society
- League of Women Voters – Whitewater Area
- Optimist Club
- Seniors in the Park
- Studio 84
- UW Whitewater Community Engagement Center
- Whitewater Community Foundation
- Whitewater Kiwanis Breakfast Club
- Whitewater Innovation Center
- Whitewater Tourism Council
- Wisconsin Makers
- Whitewater Arts Alliance
- Whitewater Food Pantry
- Whitewater Lake Association
Arnold (Arnie) Jacobs, 88, passed away peacefully on April 9, 2021. He was born on February 9, 1933 to Marion and Minerva Jacobs. He was Father to three boys, Grandpa to six grandchildren and Great Grandpa to four great grandchildren. Arnie farmed from the moment he could reach the pedals…Read Entire Obituary
On December 11, 2020, the eternal choir of Heaven welcomed Audrey J. Tuinstra into its presence. Audrey was born on January 29, 1933 on the south side of Chicago to John and Eleanor Jackson. Although she was surrounded by a great number of extended family, she only had one brother,…Read Entire Obituary
Lauren “Red” Meske, 83, Whitewater, passed away at his home on Sunday, April 4, 2021. Lauren was born on July 2, 1937 in Fort Atkinson, Wisconsin to Vernon and Phyllis Meske. Lauren graduated from Whitewater High School and then served in the United States Army. Lauren worked in both construction…Read Entire Obituary
Erik Peter Stottrup, 79, of Waterloo, Iowa passed away on Monday, March 29, 2021 at his home in Whitewater
Erik Peter Stottrup, 79, of Waterloo, Iowa passed away on Monday, March 29, 2021 at his home in Whitewater, WI. Erik was born on September 28th, 1941 in Waterloo, Iowa. He graduated from Warrensburg-Latham High School in 1958. Erik earned his Bachelor of Science in Journalism from Southern Illinois University in 1963. After…Read Entire Obituary
(Reutebuch family submission) James John Bruynell, age 84, of Oceanside CA, went to be with our Lord and Savior on March 21, 2021. Jim was born to Erma and John Bruynell on September 18, 1936. He grew up in Mishawaka, Indiana, attended Mishawaka High School and graduated in 1955. Jim…Read Entire Obituary
Sherry Griep writes, “I have arranged the date, place, and time of Dylan ‘s memorial service. I held this out because of Covid so we could hold it outside. I am requesting that every one social distance and wears a mask. His Memorial and Celebration of his Life will be held at:…Read Entire Obituary
Wilfred Arthur Ludeman, 97, of Whitewater, died on March 31, 2021 at his home. Wilfred was born on June 12, 1923 in LaGrange, WI to Arthur and Lillian (Romey) Ludeman. He graduated from Whitewater City High School in 1941. On June 20, 1946, Wilfred married Jean Orcutt. She preceded him in…Read Entire Obituary
A Memorial Service will be held to honor the life of Mary J. Goeglein on May 22, 2021 from 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. at Evergreen Country Club in the Pavillion, N6246 US-12, Elkhorn, WI 53121 . Visitation will start at 1:00 p.m. with a service at 2:00 p.m., with visitation afterwards…Read Entire Obituary
A Memorial Service will be held to honor the life of Donald “Doc” Kelley on Saturday, April 24, 2021 at 11:00 a.m. at Nitardy Funeral Home, 550 N. Newcomb St., Whitewater, WI 53190. A visitation will be held prior to the service at the funeral home from 9:00 a.m. until…Read Entire Obituary
Arlene Louise (Bjorngaard) Ostermeier, 89, passed away at Fort Memorial Hospital on March 21, 2021 after a brief illness
Arlene Louise (Bjorngaard) Ostermeier, 89, passed away at Fort Memorial Hospital in Fort Atkinson, Wisconsin on March 21, 2021 after a brief illness. Arlene was born on February 18, 1932 to Peder and Selma Bjorngaard in Wanamingo, Minnesota. She attended country school for eight years and graduated from Wanamingo High…Read Entire Obituary
The Banner only accepts obituaries from direct family of the deceased or a licensed funeral home. There is no charge for obituaries on the Banner.
If you would like to submit an obituary, please email the Editor at firstname.lastname@example.org
Submit a Post for the Banner
The Banner relies on community members - you - to submit news, events, photos, and other items of interest to post. If you have something to share with our community, please tell us. And for the most exposure possible, remember Whitewater's sizable Spanish-speaking population and submit a bilingual post!
- Photos - Please include one photo (preferably .jpg or .gif). Exceptions include graduation announcements (which are published in a long list a couple times a year) and recurring submissions (meeting announcements, etc.). Please send all images with a meaningful filename.
- Flyers or Attachments - If your submission has a .pdf flyer or requires a sign-up sheet, please send a LINK to the document, not the actual document. If you do not have a website to host the file, please send us a Google Drive, Dropbox or OneDrive link.
- News events (including sports, public events of local interest, etc.) - Please include as much detailed information as possible, including names of participants, date, place, etc. Due to copyright laws, The Banner does not post stories from other news outlets, however we will often include links to other news outlets in our posts.
- Life events (births, quinceaneras, graduations, engagements, weddings, deaths, etc) - The Banner posts life events, including obituaries, free of charge. Remember, the more details, the better.
- Upcoming public events (meetings, concerts, plays, fund-raisers, etc.) - We encourage all organizers of public events to submit a listing for the Community Calendar. If you would also like a post for your event, please submit it separately below, and don't forget detailed contact info like website URL, e-mail address, or phone number.
- Private and for-profit events - Please contact us for advertising information for your private event.
- Timing - The Banner is maintained by volunteers who make every effort to publish posts as quickly as possible. If something is time critical, please plan ahead.
- Editorial Discretion - The Banner editorial committee reserves the right to reject submissions for any reason, including but not limited to content, misspellings, inaccuracies, "non-localness" etc. Please edit your submission thoroughly before submitting.
- Questions - If you have any questions, please contact us.
To Submit, please email us or complete the form below:
The Mission of the Whitewater Banner
Early City Motto "The Banner Inland City of the Midwest"
The Banner has been serving Whitewater, Wisconsin since August 1, 2006