Obituary: Kathleen Rogers Lundin, 87, of Sanibel Island, FL
Kathleen Lundin (nee Rogers), co-author of several business books with her late husband, Dr. William H. Lundin, passed away on March 19, 2023, after a multi-year battle with a series of debilitating physical problems and illnesses. Her family serenaded her with a live rendition of “I’ll take you home again Kathleen,” by…Read Entire Obituary
Obituary: Linda Joanne Lorman, 73
Linda Joanne Lorman, 73, Whitewater, passed away at Alden Estates, Jefferson, WI on March 2, 2023. Linda was born on March 12, 1949, in Fort Atkinson, WI to Albert and Marjorie (Kohls) Robel. She graduated from Fort Atkinson High School. Linda married George Lorman in 1970. She owned and operated…Read Entire Obituary
Obituary: Barbara J. Quast, 82
WHITEWATER – Barbara J. Quast, 82, died peacefully at her home, surrounded by family, on March 14, 2023. She was diagnosed with late-stage ovarian cancer in December and put up a courageous fight. Barbara will be missed by countless loving friends and family members. A Mass of Christian Burial…Read Entire Obituary
Obituary: Sherry L. Bigelow, 74, of Fort Atkinson
Sherry L. Bigelow, 74, of Fort Atkinson, WI passed away on Monday, March 13, 2023 at her home. Sherry was born on April 11, 1948 in Fort Atkinson the daughter of Vern and Betty (Hertel) Reinke. She grew up in the Fort Atkinson area and was a 1966 graduate of…Read Entire Obituary
Obituary: Miguel Aranda Loza, 78
Miguel Aranda Loza of Whitewater, born May 6th, 1944, passed away at the age of 78 on March 7th, 2023 in San Jose de Otates, Mexico. Burial services took place in his hometown of San Jose de Otates, Mexico. He is survived by his wife, Raquel Aranda, and their 11…Read Entire Obituary
In Memory of Nancy A. Noack, 1945-2020
“Those we love and lose are always connected by heartstrings into infinity.” In memory of Nancy A. Noack, who passed away at the age of 75 in Whitewater, WI on March 16, 2020. Nancy was born in Milwaukee, WI, daughter of Raymond Noack and Evelyn (née Neubauer) (Noack) Brill in…Read Entire Obituary
Death Notice: Kim E. Morgan, 81
Kim E. Morgan, 81, of Whitewater passed away on Sunday, March 12, 2023 at Agrace Hospice Center in Janesville. At Kim’s request, no services will take place. Nitardy Funeral Home is assisting the family with arrangements. Online condolences can be made at www.nitardyfuneralhome.comRead Entire Obituary
Obituary: Deborah E. Stradinger, 73, of Katy, Texas
Deborah E. Stradinger Deborah “Deb” E. Stradinger 73, of Katy, Texas, passed away in her sleep on February 23, 2023. Deb, formerly ofWhitewater, WI, was the daughter of Emil and Loretta Stradinger. Deb is survived by her partner of 35 years, Kim Buffey; along with her brothers: Mark (Terri), Fr….Read Entire Obituary
Obituary: Marianne M. Madson (nee McDaniel), 94
Marianne M. Madson (nee McDaniel), loving wife of the late Arthur L. Madson, passed away peacefully on February 25, 2023 at the age of 94. She was born in Sioux City, Iowa on March 13, 1928, the daughter of Leonard and Susie McDaniel. Marianne was a talented and passionate musician…Read Entire Obituary
Obituary/Obituario: Ricardo “Ricky” Lopez Navejas Jr., 16
Ricardo “Ricky” Lopez Navejas Jr., 16, of Whitewater passed away on Monday, February 20, 2023. Ricky was born on December 29, 2006 to Ricardo and Luz (Navejas) Lopez in Fort Atkinson, Wisconsin. He attended Washington Elementary School and Whitewater Middle School, and was currently enrolled at Whitewater High School completing…Read Entire Obituary
The Banner only accepts obituaries from direct family of the deceased or a licensed funeral home. There is no charge for obituaries on the Banner.
If you would like to submit an obituary, please email the Editor at firstname.lastname@example.org
Submit a Post for the Banner
The Banner relies on community members - you - to submit news, events, photos, and other items of interest to post. If you have something to share with our community, please tell us. And for the most exposure possible, remember Whitewater's sizable Spanish-speaking population and submit a bilingual post!
- Photos - Please include one photo (preferably .jpg or .gif). Exceptions include graduation announcements (which are published in a long list a couple times a year) and recurring submissions (meeting announcements, etc.). Please send all images with a meaningful filename.
- Flyers or Attachments - If your submission has a .pdf flyer or requires a sign-up sheet, please send a LINK to the document, not the actual document. If you do not have a website to host the file, please send us a Google Drive, Dropbox or OneDrive link.
- News events (including sports, public events of local interest, etc.) - Please include as much detailed information as possible, including names of participants, date, place, etc. Due to copyright laws, The Banner does not post stories from other news outlets, however we will often include links to other news outlets in our posts.
- Life events (births, quinceaneras, graduations, engagements, weddings, deaths, etc) - The Banner posts life events, including obituaries, free of charge. Remember, the more details, the better.
- Upcoming public events (meetings, concerts, plays, fund-raisers, etc.) - We encourage all organizers of public events to submit a listing for the Community Calendar. If you would also like a post for your event, please submit it separately below, and don't forget detailed contact info like website URL, e-mail address, or phone number.
- Private and for-profit events - Please contact us for advertising information for your private event.
- Timing - The Banner is maintained by volunteers who make every effort to publish posts as quickly as possible. If something is time critical, please plan ahead.
- Editorial Discretion - The Banner editorial committee reserves the right to reject submissions for any reason, including but not limited to content, misspellings, inaccuracies, "non-localness" etc. Please edit your submission thoroughly before submitting.
- Questions - If you have any questions, please contact us.
To Submit, please email us or complete the form below:
The Mission of the Whitewater Banner
Early City Motto "The Banner Inland City of the Midwest"
The Banner has been serving Whitewater, Wisconsin since August 1, 2006