Marcia Light Pomplun, age 66, passed away on Sunday, September 10, 2023, at UW Hospital in Madison with her devoted husband by her side. Her passing followed a valiant battle with a sudden, devastating illness. Marcy’s courage and determination over her last three weeks were unsurprising to those who knew…Read Entire Obituary
Gerald (Gerry or Jerry) William Lehto, aged 88, passed away peacefully on September 11, 2023 surrounded by loved ones, at Hearthstone Memory Care at Fairhaven Senior Services, Whitewater, WI. He was born on December 13, 1934, in Ironwood, Michigan, to Ebba and Archibald Lehto and later developed a close relationship…Read Entire Obituary
Mary Ann C. Rodriguez, 83 of Whitewater passed away Monday September 11, 2023 at Delavan Health Services. She was born on August 19, 1940 the daughter of Olin John “Cotton” and Genevieve (nee Branks) Bienfang in her Whitewater home where she continuously resided until her ailing health prevented her from…Read Entire Obituary
Kenny Kohberger was born October 9, 1953, in Brooklyn, NY, to Regina and Edward Kohberger. He was predeceased by his parents and a sister, Eileen. Surviving are his brothers, Phillip and Eddie (Leslie), sister Jenny (Jerry) DeLeo, nieces and nephews Kevin (Phebe), Jeff, Chris, Danielle, Matthew, PJ, Jayden and Conner….Read Entire Obituary
Rodney Sonnenburg, age 79, of Whitewater passed away on Sunday, September 3, 2023 at his home. He was born on May 21, 1944 the son of Raymond and Edna (Hoffmann) Sonnenburg. He graduated from Monroe High School. After high school he went on to attend U.W. Whitewater where he earned…Read Entire Obituary
Peter Conover, professor of mass communications, founder of UW- Whitewater Cable TV, avid traveler, talented photographer and devoted family man, died on July 16, 2023, at the supportive Peppi’s House (TMC Hospice), Tucson, AZ, from complications of Parkinson’s. Peter was a remarkable human being, an amazing husband, father, grandfather, a…Read Entire Obituary
Albert Leroy Gapp May 16, 1947 – August 19, 2023 Albert L. Gapp, 76, of Alton, Missouri, formerly of Whitewater, Wisconsin, left this earthly world to be with his Lord and Savior on August 19, 2023. Al was born on May 16, 1947 to Albert and Phyllis (Wambold) Gapp of Eagle,…Read Entire Obituary
A memorial service for John R. Burrows will be held on Saturday, September 2 at 2:00 p.m. at Fairhaven Senior Services, 435 W. Starin Rd., Whitewater. John R. Burrows was born in Bryn Mawr, PA, on October 16, 1956, the son of Robert Nelson Burrows and Marion Jauch Burrows. As…Read Entire Obituary
David Neal Triebold (DT), 85, passed away after a brief illness on August 14, 2023. DT lived and died in the comfort and beauty of the hilltop home he built and decorated, on Engel Road in Whitewater. David was born in Illinois on April 21, 1938, to Frederic and Mildred…Read Entire Obituary
Michael D. McGilvra, age 71, passed away on Friday, August 18, 2023, at Rainbow Hospice in Johnson Creek after a short illness surrounded by his family. He was born July 28, 1952, to the late Phillip and Donna (Krueger) McGilvra in Columbus, WI. Mike graduated from Waupun High School in…Read Entire Obituary
The Banner only accepts obituaries from direct family of the deceased or a licensed funeral home. There is no charge for obituaries on the Banner.
If you would like to submit an obituary, please email the Editor at firstname.lastname@example.org
Submit a Post for the Banner
The Banner relies on community members - you - to submit news, events, photos, and other items of interest to post. If you have something to share with our community, please tell us. And for the most exposure possible, remember Whitewater's sizable Spanish-speaking population and submit a bilingual post!
- Photos - Please include one photo (preferably .jpg or .gif). Exceptions include graduation announcements (which are published in a long list a couple times a year) and recurring submissions (meeting announcements, etc.). Please send all images with a meaningful filename.
- Flyers or Attachments - If your submission has a .pdf flyer or requires a sign-up sheet, please send a LINK to the document, not the actual document. If you do not have a website to host the file, please send us a Google Drive, Dropbox or OneDrive link.
- News events (including sports, public events of local interest, etc.) - Please include as much detailed information as possible, including names of participants, date, place, etc. Due to copyright laws, The Banner does not post stories from other news outlets, however we will often include links to other news outlets in our posts.
- Life events (births, quinceaneras, graduations, engagements, weddings, deaths, etc) - The Banner posts life events, including obituaries, free of charge. Remember, the more details, the better.
- Upcoming public events (meetings, concerts, plays, fund-raisers, etc.) - We encourage all organizers of public events to submit a listing for the Community Calendar. If you would also like a post for your event, please submit it separately below, and don't forget detailed contact info like website URL, e-mail address, or phone number.
- Private and for-profit events - Please contact us for advertising information for your private event.
- Timing - The Banner is maintained by volunteers who make every effort to publish posts as quickly as possible. If something is time critical, please plan ahead.
- Editorial Discretion - The Banner editorial committee reserves the right to reject submissions for any reason, including but not limited to content, misspellings, inaccuracies, "non-localness" etc. Please edit your submission thoroughly before submitting.
- Questions - If you have any questions, please contact us.
To Submit, please email us or complete the form below:
The Mission of the Whitewater Banner
Early City Motto "The Banner Inland City of the Midwest"
The Banner has been serving Whitewater, Wisconsin since August 1, 2006