- 2020 John’s Garbage, Recycle and Bulk Collections – City of Whitewater
- 2020 John’s Garbage, Recycle and Bulk Collections – Town of Whitewater
- 2020 John’s Garbage, Recycle and Bulk Collections – Town of Cold Spring
- 2020 John’s Garbage, Recycle and Bulk Collections – Town of La Grange
- 2020 John’s Garbage, Recycle and Bulk Collections – Town of Lima
- Assembly of God
- B’nai Abraham Congregation For Area Jewish community – Beloit
- Christus Ev. Lutheran Church
- Church of the First Born
- Community of Christ the Servant
- Congregational – United Church of Christ
- CrossPointe Community Church
- First English Lutheran
- First United Methodist
- Kettle Moraine Baptist
- LaGrange United Methodist Church
- Living Word Fellowship
- Millard Community Church
- Richmond United Methodist Church
- St. John Evangelical Lutheran (WELS)
- St. Patrick Catholic Church
- Unitarian Universalist Church of the Lakes – Elkhorn
- Bassett House
- Bethel House
- Chamber of Commerce
- Discover Whitewater Series
- Downtown Whitewater Inc.
- Fourth of July Committee
- Go WW Now
- Greater Whitewater Committee
- Historical Society
- League of Women Voters – Whitewater Area
- Optimist Club
- Seniors in the Park
- Studio 84
- Whitewater Community Foundation
- Whitewater Kiwanis Breakfast Club
- Whitewater Innovation Center
- Whitewater Tourism Council
- Wisconsin Makers
- Whitewater Arts Alliance
- Whitewater Food Pantry
- Whitewater Lake Association
Vivian “Marie” Luebke, 84, of Whitewater passed away on Saturday, October 17, 2020 at St. Mary’s Hospital in Madison
Vivian “Marie” Luebke, 84, of Whitewater passed away on Saturday, October 17, 2020 at St. Mary’s Hospital in Madison. Marie was born on April 15, 1936 in Shellsburg, Wisconsin to Donald and Margaret Thomas. On September 14, 1960 Marie married Ron Luebke and together they had five children. She worked…Read Entire Obituary
Earl J. Johnson, 79, of Whitewater passed away on October 15, 2020 at Fairhaven in Whitewater. Earl was born on March 11, 1941 in Whitewater to John and Helen (Madsen) Johnson. After graduating from Whitewater High School, Earl enlisted in the United States Army at 17 in 1957 and served…Read Entire Obituary
John “Jack” W. Bray, 86, of Madison entered Eternal life on Wednesday, October 7, 2020 at St. Mary’s Care Center in Madison
John “Jack” W. Bray, 86, of Madison entered Eternal life on Wednesday, October 7, 2020 at St. Mary’s Care Center in Madison. Jack was born on September 25, 1934 in Madison to Wallace and Clara (Larson) Bray. Immediately after graduating from Whitewater State Teachers College High School in 1952 he…Read Entire Obituary
Dean Elting Taylor, age 96, passed away on September 29, 2020, at Fairhaven Senior Services in Whitewater
DEAN ELTING TAYLOR April 24, 1924 – September 29, 2020 Dean Elting Taylor, age 96, passed away on September 29, 2020, at Fairhaven Senior Services in Whitewater. He was born April 24, 1924, in Whitewater, Wisconsin, the second of two children of Lloyd and Elsie (Uglow) Taylor. He lived in…Read Entire Obituary
October 2, 2020 MEMORIAL SERVICE FOR LAVONA HARTMAN POSTPONEDDue to the increase of COVID-19 cases in Wisconsin, the family of Lavona Hartman has determined it is in everyone’s best interest to postpone the memorial service for Lavona until the virus is under control. Please stay safe. Jerry Hartman and family…Read Entire Obituary
Rev. Carroll J. Olm, 95, of Whitewater died on September 26, 2020. Carroll was born on January 30, 1925 in Marengo, Iowa to Paul and Hulda (Pohl) Olm. He earned his undergraduate degree from Mission House Theological Seminary (now Lakeland University), where he met the love of his life, Marilyn…Read Entire Obituary
Mary Lou Lein was born 11/15/1930 in Menominee,WI. Died 08/02/2020. She was the youngest of 4 children, Bob, Bill, and Arliss(all deceased). Mom came to Whitewater in 1950 to attend UW-Whitewater to obtain a teaching degree. She met my father Art and they were married in 1953. She had 2…Read Entire Obituary
Barry Edmund Wescott passed away September 22, 2020 at Agrace Hospice, Fitchburg, WI. Barry or “Bear” as he often liked to be called was born in Watertown, WI October 15, 1945 to Donald and Agnes (Hedrick) Wescott. He is survived by his wife Bridget (King), twin sister Jeanne (Wescott) McKenna,…Read Entire Obituary
Kayla Marie Boehning, 24, of Whitewater passed away on September 8, 2020. She was born on November 5, 1995 in Fort Atkinson to James and Stephanie (Gosh) Boehning. She enjoyed working as a cashier at Casey’s Convenient Store in Whitewater. Kayla enjoyed being with her family, and her fur babies…Read Entire Obituary
On Sunday September 20, 2020, Larry Lee Peiffer, loving husband, father, and grandfather passed away peacefully at the age of 86
On Sunday September 20, 2020, Larry Lee Peiffer, loving husband, father, and grandfather passed away peacefully at the age of 86. Larry was born on November 15, 1933 in Milwaukee, WI to Agnes (nee Leitzman) and Clarence Peiffer, the youngest of three children. He attended West Division High School for…Read Entire Obituary
The Banner only accepts obituaries from direct family of the deceased or a licensed funeral home. There is no charge for obituaries on the Banner.
If you would like to submit an obituary, please email the Editor at firstname.lastname@example.org
Submit a Post for the Banner
The Banner relies on community members - you - to submit news, events, photos, and other items of interest to post. If you have something to share with our community, please tell us. And for the most exposure possible, remember Whitewater's sizable Spanish-speaking population and submit a bilingual post!
- Photos - Please include one photo (preferably .jpg or .gif). Exceptions include graduation announcements (which are published in a long list a couple times a year) and recurring submissions (meeting announcements, etc.). Please send all images with a meaningful filename.
- Flyers or Attachments - If your submission has a .pdf flyer or requires a sign-up sheet, please send a LINK to the document, not the actual document. If you do not have a website to host the file, please send us a Google Drive, Dropbox or OneDrive link.
- News events (including sports, public events of local interest, etc.) - Please include as much detailed information as possible, including names of participants, date, place, etc. Due to copyright laws, The Banner does not post stories from other news outlets, however we will often include links to other news outlets in our posts.
- Life events (births, quinceaneras, graduations, engagements, weddings, deaths, etc) - The Banner posts life events, including obituaries, free of charge. Remember, the more details, the better.
- Upcoming public events (meetings, concerts, plays, fund-raisers, etc.) - We encourage all organizers of public events to submit a listing for the Community Calendar. If you would also like a post for your event, please submit it separately below, and don't forget detailed contact info like website URL, e-mail address, or phone number.
- Private and for-profit events - Please contact us for advertising information for your private event.
- Timing - The Banner is maintained by volunteers who make every effort to publish posts as quickly as possible. If something is time critical, please plan ahead.
- Editorial Discretion - The Banner editorial committee reserves the right to reject submissions for any reason, including but not limited to content, misspellings, inaccuracies, "non-localness" etc. Please edit your submission thoroughly before submitting.
- Questions - If you have any questions, please contact us.
To Submit, please email us or complete the form below:
The Mission of the Whitewater Banner
Early City Motto "The Banner Inland City of the Midwest"
The Banner has been serving Whitewater, Wisconsin since August 1, 2006