Dolores M. Feltych, age 80, of Janesville, passed away on Wednesday, June 29, 2022 at the Cedar Crest Assisted Living Facility. A memorial service will be held at 2 p.m. on JULY 10, 2022; at SCHNEIDER FUNERAL HOME; with visitation from 1 p.m. until time of service. SCHNEIDER FUNERAL HOME…Read Entire Obituary
Theresa Velda (Simon) Shinners of Madison, Wisconsin, died on June 16, 2022, at the age of 90. Theresa was born on January 22, 1932, in Gueydan, Louisiana. She was the fourth of nine children of an Acadian-French (Cajun) family. Her parents, Alexandre and Odeide (nee Leblanc) Simon were cotton sharecroppers…Read Entire Obituary
Nancy F. Flanders, 90, of Whitewater, passed away Sunday, June 26, 2022, at Agrace Hospice in Janesville. She was born March 21, 1932, the daughter of Leslie and Dorothy (Smith) Forsyth. She was a graduate of Monmouth College majoring in Biology. She was a lifelong member of Kappa Kappa Gamma Sorority. On October 2, 1954, she married…Read Entire Obituary
A Celebration of Life for Dr. GrotelueschenEvergreen Golf Course, on Sunday June 26th from 1:00-4:00 p.m. Thomas (Tom) Grotelueschen retired from UW-Whitewater in 1995 as Emeritus Professor in the College of Education and Professional Studies. He passed away, in the presence of loved ones, at Cape Canaveral Hospital, FL on March 4, 2022, eighteen…Read Entire Obituary
Randy Lou Mason Bigelow, 80, of Whitewater, passed away Monday, May 30th, 2022 surrounded by her children. Born February 19, 1942, daughter of Orrin and Hannah (Stuvengen) Mason. Randy grew up in Whitewater, and attended the College high school from which she graduated in 1959. In her teens, Randy was a surprise…Read Entire Obituary
Donald Walter “Creepy” Samuels, 41, of Fort Atkinson passed away unexpectedly on Wednesday, June 8, 2022 at his home surrounded by his loved ones. Don was born on June 26, 1980 in Chicago, Illinios to Donald Walter Zunker Jr. and Alicia Samuels along with four siblings. He grew up in…Read Entire Obituary
Mildred E. (Strunk) Stanton, age 98, passed away peacefully in her sleep at Fairhaven on June 5, 2022. She was born on July 25, 1923, in Whitewater Township to Edward and Evelyn (Viegut) Strunk. She was baptized on August 12,1923 at St. John’s Evangelical Lutheran Church in Whitewater and confirmed…Read Entire Obituary
Rogerio (Roy) Yanez, age 80, was called home peacefully on Thursday, May 26, 2022, surrounded by his wife, daughters, and grandchildren. Formerly of La Feria, TX, and Chandler, AZ, during his rebel days, he spent the last two decades braving the snow and cheeseheads in Wisconsin where his daughters decided…Read Entire Obituary
The Banner only accepts obituaries from direct family of the deceased or a licensed funeral home. There is no charge for obituaries on the Banner.
If you would like to submit an obituary, please email the Editor at firstname.lastname@example.org
Submit a Post for the Banner
The Banner relies on community members - you - to submit news, events, photos, and other items of interest to post. If you have something to share with our community, please tell us. And for the most exposure possible, remember Whitewater's sizable Spanish-speaking population and submit a bilingual post!
- Photos - Please include one photo (preferably .jpg or .gif). Exceptions include graduation announcements (which are published in a long list a couple times a year) and recurring submissions (meeting announcements, etc.). Please send all images with a meaningful filename.
- Flyers or Attachments - If your submission has a .pdf flyer or requires a sign-up sheet, please send a LINK to the document, not the actual document. If you do not have a website to host the file, please send us a Google Drive, Dropbox or OneDrive link.
- News events (including sports, public events of local interest, etc.) - Please include as much detailed information as possible, including names of participants, date, place, etc. Due to copyright laws, The Banner does not post stories from other news outlets, however we will often include links to other news outlets in our posts.
- Life events (births, quinceaneras, graduations, engagements, weddings, deaths, etc) - The Banner posts life events, including obituaries, free of charge. Remember, the more details, the better.
- Upcoming public events (meetings, concerts, plays, fund-raisers, etc.) - We encourage all organizers of public events to submit a listing for the Community Calendar. If you would also like a post for your event, please submit it separately below, and don't forget detailed contact info like website URL, e-mail address, or phone number.
- Private and for-profit events - Please contact us for advertising information for your private event.
- Timing - The Banner is maintained by volunteers who make every effort to publish posts as quickly as possible. If something is time critical, please plan ahead.
- Editorial Discretion - The Banner editorial committee reserves the right to reject submissions for any reason, including but not limited to content, misspellings, inaccuracies, "non-localness" etc. Please edit your submission thoroughly before submitting.
- Questions - If you have any questions, please contact us.
To Submit, please email us or complete the form below:
The Mission of the Whitewater Banner
Early City Motto "The Banner Inland City of the Midwest"
The Banner has been serving Whitewater, Wisconsin since August 1, 2006