- 2020 John’s Garbage, Recycle and Bulk Collections – City of Whitewater
- 2020 John’s Garbage, Recycle and Bulk Collections – Town of Whitewater
- 2020 John’s Garbage, Recycle and Bulk Collections – Town of Cold Spring
- 2020 John’s Garbage, Recycle and Bulk Collections – Town of La Grange
- 2020 John’s Garbage, Recycle and Bulk Collections – Town of Lima
- Assembly of God
- B’nai Abraham Congregation For Area Jewish community – Beloit
- Christus Ev. Lutheran Church
- Church of the First Born
- Community of Christ the Servant
- Congregational – United Church of Christ
- CrossPointe Community Church
- First English Lutheran
- First United Methodist
- Kettle Moraine Baptist
- LaGrange United Methodist Church
- Living Word Fellowship
- Millard Community Church
- Richmond United Methodist Church
- St. John Evangelical Lutheran (WELS)
- St. Patrick Catholic Church
- Unitarian Universalist Church of the Lakes – Elkhorn
- Bassett House
- Bethel House
- Chamber of Commerce
- Discover Whitewater Series
- Downtown Whitewater Inc.
- Fourth of July Committee
- Go WW Now
- Greater Whitewater Committee
- Historical Society
- League of Women Voters – Whitewater Area
- Optimist Club
- Seniors in the Park
- Studio 84
- Whitewater Community Foundation
- Whitewater Kiwanis Breakfast Club
- Whitewater Innovation Center
- Whitewater Tourism Council
- Wisconsin Makers
- Whitewater Arts Alliance
- Whitewater Food Pantry
- Whitewater Lake Association
Brenda Marie (Buening) Channing went to her eternal home on Tuesday, September 15th. Born March 3, 1949 in Fort Atkinson, Wisconsin to Lawrence (Larry) and Louise (Scherer) Buening. She graduated from Whitewater High School in 1967, went to beauty school and worked as a beautician at Puddie’s Beauty Salon for…Read Entire Obituary
Ilana Margarite Lathrop, 80, of Palmyra passed away on Tuesday, September 15, 2020 at Lake Country Landing in Oconomowoc
Ilana Margarite Lathrop, 80, of Palmyra passed away on Tuesday, September 15, 2020 at Lake Country Landing in Oconomowoc. Ilana was born on April 10, 1940 to Clarence and Alice Walz at Swedish Hospital in Minneapolis, Minnesota. Ilana graduated from Waukesha High School and met her husband, Alfred (Ike) Lathrop,…Read Entire Obituary
Ruth Natalie Fields Doman, 86, of Greensboro, AL went to her eternal home on August 22, 2020. She was born on January 24, 1934 in Wisconsin to Archie and Ruth Thomas Fields. She was a devoted housewife and mother. Ruth graduated from Whitewater High School in 1951. She married William…Read Entire Obituary
Carl J. Kienbaum, 90, of Whitewater, died peacefully at Hearthstone with his family by his side on Tuesday, September 8, 2020
Carl J. Kienbaum, 90, of Whitewater, died peacefully at Hearthstone Memory Care with his family by his side on Tuesday, September 8, 2020. He was born on November 24, 1929 the second youngest of 9 children of Carl and Bessie (Doud) Kienbaum in Whitewater, Wisconsin. He married Lila June Reich…Read Entire Obituary
Conan Palmer Straight, 39, Elkhorn, passed away on Saturday, September 5, 2020. Conan was born on December 31, 1980 in Beloit, WI to Glenn and Marcene (Spencer) Straight. He graduated from Beloit Memorial High School in 1999. Conan married Lisa Fitch on August 22, 2015. He was employed at SPX…Read Entire Obituary
Irene May Heederik, 90, Whitewater, passed away on Tuesday, September 01, 2020 at Fairhaven Senior Living in Whitewater, WI. Irene was born on February 13, 1930 in Janesville, WI to Herbert and Mabel (Riggs) Eggleston. She graduated from Janesville High School in 1948. Irene worked as the head cook for…Read Entire Obituary
Lucas A. Burns, age 30, of Whitewater, passed away after his courageous battle with cancer on Monday, August 24, 2020 at the UW Hospital in Madison
WHITEWATER− Lucas A. Burns, age 30, of Whitewater, passed away after his courageous battle with cancer on Monday, August 24, 2020 at the UW Hospital in Madison. Lucas was born in Janesville on December 12, 1989; the son of Jim and Michelle (Edgington) Burns. After graduating from Craig High School…Read Entire Obituary
Suzan Sorensen Wade, in her 72nd year, died in a single vehicle accident in Richmond, WI on August 2, 2020
Suzan Sorensen Wade, in her 72nd year, died in a single vehicle accident in Richmond, WI on August 2, 2020. Born February 20, 1949, in Randers, Denmark, Suzan immigrated with her mother Karoline Marie (Mia) and stepfather Jens Kristian (Kris) Lai to Ontario, Canada in May 1956. Suzan completed a certificate…Read Entire Obituary
David J. Davenport, 73, of Watertown, went to his Heavenly Father on Monday, August 24, 2020 at Fort HealthCare in Fort Atkinson (UPDATE: Funeral rescheduled)
David J. Davenport, 73, of Watertown, went to his Heavenly Father on Monday, August 24, 2020, at Fort HealthCare in Fort Atkinson. With dignity he endured 28 years of the challenges of progressive multiple sclerosis. David James Davenport was born on December 11, 1946, in Monroe, the son of Robert…Read Entire Obituary
Rita K. Roselle went home to the Lord on August 23, 2020. Rita was born on December 21, 1931 in Chicago, IL and was the daughter of Joseph and Harriet (Burkhardt) Kois. She attended St. Hyacinth’s Catholic Grade School and graduated from St. Alphonsus Commercial High School. Rita began her…Read Entire Obituary
The Banner only accepts obituaries from direct family of the deceased or a licensed funeral home. There is no charge for obituaries on the Banner.
If you would like to submit an obituary, please email the Editor at email@example.com
Submit a Post for the Banner
The Banner relies on community members - you - to submit news, events, photos, and other items of interest to post. If you have something to share with our community, please tell us. And for the most exposure possible, remember Whitewater's sizable Spanish-speaking population and submit a bilingual post!
- Photos - Please include one photo (preferably .jpg or .gif). Exceptions include graduation announcements (which are published in a long list a couple times a year) and recurring submissions (meeting announcements, etc.). Please send all images with a meaningful filename.
- Flyers or Attachments - If your submission has a .pdf flyer or requires a sign-up sheet, please send a LINK to the document, not the actual document. If you do not have a website to host the file, please send us a Google Drive, Dropbox or OneDrive link.
- News events (including sports, public events of local interest, etc.) - Please include as much detailed information as possible, including names of participants, date, place, etc. Due to copyright laws, The Banner does not post stories from other news outlets, however we will often include links to other news outlets in our posts.
- Life events (births, quinceaneras, graduations, engagements, weddings, deaths, etc) - The Banner posts life events, including obituaries, free of charge. Remember, the more details, the better.
- Upcoming public events (meetings, concerts, plays, fund-raisers, etc.) - We encourage all organizers of public events to submit a listing for the Community Calendar. If you would also like a post for your event, please submit it separately below, and don't forget detailed contact info like website URL, e-mail address, or phone number.
- Private and for-profit events - Please contact us for advertising information for your private event.
- Timing - The Banner is maintained by volunteers who make every effort to publish posts as quickly as possible. If something is time critical, please plan ahead.
- Editorial Discretion - The Banner editorial committee reserves the right to reject submissions for any reason, including but not limited to content, misspellings, inaccuracies, "non-localness" etc. Please edit your submission thoroughly before submitting.
- Questions - If you have any questions, please contact us.
To Submit, please email us or complete the form below:
The Mission of the Whitewater Banner
Early City Motto "The Banner Inland City of the Midwest"
The Banner has been serving Whitewater, Wisconsin since August 1, 2006