On Saturday, December 3rd, 2022, Thomas Robert Guequierre, loving husband and father of two passed away at the age of 71. Tom grew up in Mukwonago, Wisconsin, then lived for many years in Whitewater, Wisconsin, before moving to Florida. Tom’s entire life was dedicated to two things: family, and serving…Read Entire Obituary
Nancy L. Nelson age 86, of Milton, WI passed away peacefully on Tuesday, November 29, 2022. She was born on November 8, 1936, to J. Charles and Signe (Nordeng) Jones in Janesville, Wisconsin. Nancy graduated from Janesville High School, attended UW-Madison, and finished her education in Radiologic Technology at Rockford…Read Entire Obituary
Herbert G. Ableman, 85, Weston, WI, died December 1, 2022, at Primrose Memory Care, Weston, with his daughters by his side. Herb was born on March 23, 1937, in Monroe, WI, to Ted and Ruth (Johnson) Ableman. He grew up in Monroe, playing basketball and graduating from Monroe High School…Read Entire Obituary
Lois A. Coleman of Hawk Springs, WY, formerly of Whitewater, WI, passed away peacefully on Saturday, December 3, 2022 at Aurora St. Luke’s Medical Center, Milwaukee, WI at the age of 87. She was born on March 7, 1935 in Madison, WI, the daughter of the late Edwin C. and…Read Entire Obituary
Rollin Benjamin Cooper, 92, Whitewater, passed away on November 24, 2022, at Shorehaven nursing home in Oconomowoc, WI. Rollie was born on October 30, 1930, in Edgerton, Wisconsin to Maurice and Iva (Evans) Cooper. After attending a one room school in Newville, he started high school in Edgerton and then…Read Entire Obituary
Albert Benedict, 79, passed away Saturday, November 26, 2022 with his wife and children by his side. Albert was born in Racine, WI on August 21, 1943, the son of Albert and Mary (Knotek) Benedict. On July 8, 1967, he was united in marriage to the love of his life,…Read Entire Obituary
Joshua Kaczoroski, age 45, passed away unexpectedly on November 24, 2022. Josh was born on May 9, 1977 in Trenton, New Jersey to Alan and Jean (Mason) Kaczoroski. His early life was spent in Hamilton Township, New Jersey. On March 30, 2016, he was united in marriage to Danniel Thiering…Read Entire Obituary
Hope Caryl (Cooley) Beach, age 99, of Elkton, MD, went home to be with her Lord and Savior November 9, 2022. In addition to being a pastor’s wife, Mrs. Beach worked as a teacher for over 25 years, but her main focus was serving the Lord and winning souls for…Read Entire Obituary
Lori Lynn McGowan, 59, Whitewater, passed away on Friday, November 18, 2022 at Aurora St. Luke’s Medical Center in Milwaukee, WI. Lori was born on April 25, 1963 in Milwaukee, WI to Harry and Karen (Pickelmeyer) Leslie. She graduated from Pulaski High School in 1981 and attended UW-Whitewater for 4…Read Entire Obituary
Jane M. Clark, 68, of Whitewater passed away after a courageous fight with multiple myelomaon Sunday, November 13, 2022 at UW Hospital in Madison. Jane was born in Janesville, Wisconsin on January 29, 1954. She was the daughter of Cecil andAnne (Schluttner) Moench. Jane had worked at UAW Legal Service…Read Entire Obituary
The Banner only accepts obituaries from direct family of the deceased or a licensed funeral home. There is no charge for obituaries on the Banner.
If you would like to submit an obituary, please email the Editor at email@example.com
Submit a Post for the Banner
The Banner relies on community members - you - to submit news, events, photos, and other items of interest to post. If you have something to share with our community, please tell us. And for the most exposure possible, remember Whitewater's sizable Spanish-speaking population and submit a bilingual post!
- Photos - Please include one photo (preferably .jpg or .gif). Exceptions include graduation announcements (which are published in a long list a couple times a year) and recurring submissions (meeting announcements, etc.). Please send all images with a meaningful filename.
- Flyers or Attachments - If your submission has a .pdf flyer or requires a sign-up sheet, please send a LINK to the document, not the actual document. If you do not have a website to host the file, please send us a Google Drive, Dropbox or OneDrive link.
- News events (including sports, public events of local interest, etc.) - Please include as much detailed information as possible, including names of participants, date, place, etc. Due to copyright laws, The Banner does not post stories from other news outlets, however we will often include links to other news outlets in our posts.
- Life events (births, quinceaneras, graduations, engagements, weddings, deaths, etc) - The Banner posts life events, including obituaries, free of charge. Remember, the more details, the better.
- Upcoming public events (meetings, concerts, plays, fund-raisers, etc.) - We encourage all organizers of public events to submit a listing for the Community Calendar. If you would also like a post for your event, please submit it separately below, and don't forget detailed contact info like website URL, e-mail address, or phone number.
- Private and for-profit events - Please contact us for advertising information for your private event.
- Timing - The Banner is maintained by volunteers who make every effort to publish posts as quickly as possible. If something is time critical, please plan ahead.
- Editorial Discretion - The Banner editorial committee reserves the right to reject submissions for any reason, including but not limited to content, misspellings, inaccuracies, "non-localness" etc. Please edit your submission thoroughly before submitting.
- Questions - If you have any questions, please contact us.
To Submit, please email us or complete the form below:
The Mission of the Whitewater Banner
Early City Motto "The Banner Inland City of the Midwest"
The Banner has been serving Whitewater, Wisconsin since August 1, 2006