Obituary: Grace Suzanne Bushey, 16
Grace Suzanne Bushey, age 16, left her earthly home for Heaven on Friday, January 20, 2023 at her home with her loving family by her side. Grace was born on December 20, 2006 in Madison, WI. The loving daughter of Chad and Kim (Raatz) Bushey, Grace was blessed with 11…Read Entire Obituary
Obituary: Ronald Leon Ortelle, 77
Ronald Leon Ortelle was called home to be with his lord and savior on Thursday, January 19, 2023 surrounded by his loving family. Ron was born on September 12, 1945 to Fred and Leone (Hoffman) Ortelle of Rome, WI. He married his late wife Charlene Ault on November 7, 1964. …Read Entire Obituary
Obituary: Thomas L Hoffman, 68
Thomas L Hoffman, 68, born 9/16/54 has passed unexpectedly 1/20/23 at home. Tom was a sweet caring man with a smile for all, a big teddy as we say. He graduated from Whitewater High School in 1972, & later graduated from MATC in computer technology; he worked for Randix and…Read Entire Obituary
Obituary: Winifred June (Stacey) Parker, 92, of Edgerton
Edgerton, WI – Winifred June (Stacey) Parker, 92, left this world on December 31, 2022. She was born in Summit, WI on June 17, 1930, to Daniel and Myrtle Ann (Pett) Stacey. Winnie was orphaned at age 3 1/2, but she was given a loving home by her Aunt Jessie…Read Entire Obituary
Obituary: Lavena Pauline (Smith) Mc Donald, 90
Lavena Pauline (Smith) Mc Donald was born May 5, 1932, in Springfield, Illinois, the daughter of Edward Alexander & Elsie Viola (Farrand) Smith. She was married to John Joseph Mc Donald, February 17, 1951, in Springfield. In 1965, they moved to Buffalo Grove, a Chicago suburb. After nearly 33 years,…Read Entire Obituary
Obituary: Virginia Nell Lauer, 89, of Milton
Virginia Nell Lauer, age 89, of Milton, died January 4, 2023 at Huntington Place after a long illness. She was born on August 7, 1933 to John and Lula (Hobbs) Godfrey. Virginia married her high school sweetheart, Willis Lauer, on October 6, 1951 at North Lima Presbyterian Church. Virginia enjoyed…Read Entire Obituary
Obituary: Geraldine Blanche (Riedl) Brunner, 92
Geraldine Blanche (Riedl) Brunner November 8, 1930 – January 3, 2023 (age 92) Geraldine Blanche (Riedl) Brunner, 92, formerly of Jefferson, WI, passed away peacefully on Tuesday, January 3, 2023, at Fairhaven Senior Services in Whitewater, WI. Gerry was born November 8, 1930 in Helenville, WI, to Lothar and Elizabeth…Read Entire Obituary
Obituary: Loretta “Lori” Frances Schrank, 75
Loretta Frances Schrank, “Lori”, was three days shy of her 76th birthday when she passed away after a courageous battle with Alzheimer’s disease. She was born January 7, 1947 in Chicago, IL to Raymond and Helen (Pasternak) Burkhardt. The third of four children, Lori grew up in Chicago, IL before…Read Entire Obituary
Obituary: William Gerald Albrecht, 79
William Gerald Albrecht was born on May 4th, 1943 in Chicago, Illinois to William and Essie Albrecht and welcomed by older sister, Jean. He was known to his friends, and anyone else he met, simply as Bill. Bill unexpectedly passed early in the morning on January 5th, 2023. Bill is…Read Entire Obituary
Obituary: John E. Kincaid, 79
John E. Kincaid, 79, formerly of Dousman passed away peacefully on Monday, December 26, 2022 at Fairhaven in Whitewater. John was born on January 12, 1943 in Michigan to Dean and Elizabeth (Sheller) Kincaid. He graduated from Whitewater high school in 1961. John later attended Beloit College from 1961 to…Read Entire Obituary
The Banner only accepts obituaries from direct family of the deceased or a licensed funeral home. There is no charge for obituaries on the Banner.
If you would like to submit an obituary, please email the Editor at firstname.lastname@example.org
Submit a Post for the Banner
The Banner relies on community members - you - to submit news, events, photos, and other items of interest to post. If you have something to share with our community, please tell us. And for the most exposure possible, remember Whitewater's sizable Spanish-speaking population and submit a bilingual post!
- Photos - Please include one photo (preferably .jpg or .gif). Exceptions include graduation announcements (which are published in a long list a couple times a year) and recurring submissions (meeting announcements, etc.). Please send all images with a meaningful filename.
- Flyers or Attachments - If your submission has a .pdf flyer or requires a sign-up sheet, please send a LINK to the document, not the actual document. If you do not have a website to host the file, please send us a Google Drive, Dropbox or OneDrive link.
- News events (including sports, public events of local interest, etc.) - Please include as much detailed information as possible, including names of participants, date, place, etc. Due to copyright laws, The Banner does not post stories from other news outlets, however we will often include links to other news outlets in our posts.
- Life events (births, quinceaneras, graduations, engagements, weddings, deaths, etc) - The Banner posts life events, including obituaries, free of charge. Remember, the more details, the better.
- Upcoming public events (meetings, concerts, plays, fund-raisers, etc.) - We encourage all organizers of public events to submit a listing for the Community Calendar. If you would also like a post for your event, please submit it separately below, and don't forget detailed contact info like website URL, e-mail address, or phone number.
- Private and for-profit events - Please contact us for advertising information for your private event.
- Timing - The Banner is maintained by volunteers who make every effort to publish posts as quickly as possible. If something is time critical, please plan ahead.
- Editorial Discretion - The Banner editorial committee reserves the right to reject submissions for any reason, including but not limited to content, misspellings, inaccuracies, "non-localness" etc. Please edit your submission thoroughly before submitting.
- Questions - If you have any questions, please contact us.
To Submit, please email us or complete the form below:
The Mission of the Whitewater Banner
Early City Motto "The Banner Inland City of the Midwest"
The Banner has been serving Whitewater, Wisconsin since August 1, 2006