- 2021 John’s Garbage, Recycle and Bulk Collections – City of Whitewater
- 2021 John’s Garbage, Recycle and Bulk Collections – Town of Whitewater
- 2021 John’s Garbage, Recycle and Bulk Collections – Town of Cold Spring
- 2021 John’s Garbage, Recycle and Bulk Collections – Town of Lima
- 2021 John’s Garbage, Recycle and Bulk Collections – Town of La Grange
- Seniors in the Park Newsletters
- Studio 84 Newsletters
- United Way of Jefferson and Walworth County Newsletters
- UWW Police Newsletters
- Whitewater Area League of Women Voters Newsletters
- Whitewater Area Chamber of Commerce Newsletter
- Whitewater Arts Alliance Newsletters
- Whitewater Police Department Newsletters
- Whitewater University Technology Park
- Assembly of God
- B’nai Abraham Congregation For Area Jewish community – Beloit
- Christus Ev. Lutheran Church
- Church of the First Born
- Community of Christ the Servant
- Congregational – United Church of Christ
- CrossPointe Community Church
- First English Lutheran
- First United Methodist
- Kettle Moraine Baptist
- LaGrange United Methodist Church
- Living Word Fellowship
- Millard Community Church
- Richmond United Methodist Church
- St. John Evangelical Lutheran (WELS)
- St. Patrick Catholic Church
- Unitarian Universalist Church of the Lakes – Elkhorn
- Bassett House
- Bethel House
- Chamber of Commerce
- Discover Whitewater Series
- Downtown Whitewater Inc.
- Fourth of July Committee
- Go WW Now
- Greater Whitewater Committee
- Historical Society
- League of Women Voters – Whitewater Area
- Optimist Club
- Seniors in the Park
- Studio 84
- UW Whitewater Community Engagement Center
- Whitewater Community Foundation
- Whitewater Kiwanis Breakfast Club
- Whitewater Innovation Center
- Whitewater Tourism Council
- Wisconsin Makers
- Whitewater Arts Alliance
- Whitewater Food Pantry
- Whitewater Lake Association
Marilyn Anita Miles, 84, Whitewater, passed away on Sunday, February 28, 2021 at Mulberry Glen Senior Living
Marilyn Anita Miles, 84, Whitewater, passed away on Sunday, February 28, 2021 at Mulberry Glen Senior Living Community in Whitewater, WI. Marilyn was born on October 3, 1936 in Whitewater, WI, the daughter of Kenneth and Edna (Krahn) Sutherland. She married Robert Miles on November 3, 1956 in Whitewater, WI….Read Entire Obituary
Dr. Larry Nelson, “Doc,” passed away peacefully on Saturday, February 27, with the people who loved him most at his side
As I write these words, it is with sadness, but also with great pride. I am, and will always be proud to say that Dr. Larry Nelson, “Doc,” was my dad. He passed away peacefully on Saturday, February 27, with the people who loved him most at his side. Doc…Read Entire Obituary
Brian Edwin Zordel, 78, Whitewater, passed away on Thursday, February 25, 2021 at Holton Manor in Elkhorn
Brian Edwin Zordel, 78, Whitewater, passed away on Thursday, February 25, 2021 at Holton Manor in Elkhorn, WI. Brian was born on April 4, 1942 in Battle Creek, MI to Edwin and Elsie (Seidenberg) Zordel. He graduated from Appleton West High School and received his bachelor’s degree in education from…Read Entire Obituary
Dale Arthur Grandt, 66, of Fort Atkinson passed away on Monday, February 8, 2021, after his struggle with pancreatic cancer
Dale Arthur Grandt, 66, of Fort Atkinson passed away on Monday, February 8, 2021, after his struggle with pancreatic cancer. Dale was born on February 20, 1954, in Walworth, Wisconsin to Eunice Mae (Maasz) and Lawrence William Grandt. Dale worked for the city of Fort Atkinson for many years, worked…Read Entire Obituary
Michael J. O’Connor Mike was born to Henry James (Jim) and Kathleen (Peg) O’Connor in 1952 at Fort Atkinson Hospital. The son of an Army officer, he moved over ten times, returning to Whitewater to graduate from high school. At just 17 years old, Mike enlisted as an Army Infantryman….Read Entire Obituary
Norma “Jeanne” Triebold , 88, Whitewater, passed away on Monday, February 15, 2021 at Physicians Regional Medical Center in Naples, Florida. Jeanne was born on January 14, 1933 in Chicago, IL to Norma (Thorne) and George D. Sickafoose. She graduated from Hyde Park High School and The Chicago School of…Read Entire Obituary
Marilyn Kay Isbell, 76, Whitewater, passed away on Saturday, February 13, 2021 at St. Mary’s Hospital in Madison
Marilyn Kay Isbell, 76, Whitewater, passed away on Saturday, February 13, 2021 at St. Mary’s Hospital in Madison, WI. Marilyn was born on May 10, 1944 in Enid, OK to Ernest and Thelma (Myers) Dearing. She graduated from Pioneer High School in Pioneer, OK in 1962. Marilyn married Jon Isbell. …Read Entire Obituary
Kenneth O. “Ken” Leipold left us to go to his Savior on Monday, February 15, 2021. Ken was born on August 24, 1937 in Racine, WI to Arthur and Bernice (Zeick) Leipold. Ken was proud to be a graduate of Horlick High and often teased nieces and nephews that attended…Read Entire Obituary
Kenneth John Sersch, 82, of Pampa, Texas passed away peacefully on Monday, February 15, 2021 in Pampa. A celebration of life will be held at a later date. Arrangements are under the direction of Carmichael-Whatley Funeral Directors. Ken was born on October 10, 1938 in Dodgeville, Wisconsin to John and…Read Entire Obituary
Doris L. Keiser of Oconomowoc, age 89, passed away on Friday, February 5, 2021 due to complications from Covid-19 and heart failure
Doris L. Keiser of Oconomowoc, age 89, passed away on Friday, February 5, 2021, at The View at Pine Ridge due to complications from Covid-19, pneumonia, and congestive heart failure. She was born on September 21, 1931, to Rudy (Dora) Krause in Chicago. She was married to William Keiser. She…Read Entire Obituary
The Banner only accepts obituaries from direct family of the deceased or a licensed funeral home. There is no charge for obituaries on the Banner.
If you would like to submit an obituary, please email the Editor at email@example.com
Submit a Post for the Banner
The Banner relies on community members - you - to submit news, events, photos, and other items of interest to post. If you have something to share with our community, please tell us. And for the most exposure possible, remember Whitewater's sizable Spanish-speaking population and submit a bilingual post!
- Photos - Please include one photo (preferably .jpg or .gif). Exceptions include graduation announcements (which are published in a long list a couple times a year) and recurring submissions (meeting announcements, etc.). Please send all images with a meaningful filename.
- Flyers or Attachments - If your submission has a .pdf flyer or requires a sign-up sheet, please send a LINK to the document, not the actual document. If you do not have a website to host the file, please send us a Google Drive, Dropbox or OneDrive link.
- News events (including sports, public events of local interest, etc.) - Please include as much detailed information as possible, including names of participants, date, place, etc. Due to copyright laws, The Banner does not post stories from other news outlets, however we will often include links to other news outlets in our posts.
- Life events (births, quinceaneras, graduations, engagements, weddings, deaths, etc) - The Banner posts life events, including obituaries, free of charge. Remember, the more details, the better.
- Upcoming public events (meetings, concerts, plays, fund-raisers, etc.) - We encourage all organizers of public events to submit a listing for the Community Calendar. If you would also like a post for your event, please submit it separately below, and don't forget detailed contact info like website URL, e-mail address, or phone number.
- Private and for-profit events - Please contact us for advertising information for your private event.
- Timing - The Banner is maintained by volunteers who make every effort to publish posts as quickly as possible. If something is time critical, please plan ahead.
- Editorial Discretion - The Banner editorial committee reserves the right to reject submissions for any reason, including but not limited to content, misspellings, inaccuracies, "non-localness" etc. Please edit your submission thoroughly before submitting.
- Questions - If you have any questions, please contact us.
To Submit, please email us or complete the form below:
The Mission of the Whitewater Banner
Early City Motto "The Banner Inland City of the Midwest"
The Banner has been serving Whitewater, Wisconsin since August 1, 2006