Steven Alan Meisner, 62, of Whitewater, WI passed away surrounded by his loving family on Thursday, June 1, 2023, at Meriter Hospital in Madison, WI following a brief illness. Steve was born on April 17, 1961, in Beloit, WI to LaVerne and Judith (Kutz) Meisner. He married Barbara Lindl on…Read Entire Obituary
Whitewater, WI – Geraldine “Gerry” M. French Jennings, age 93, peacefully entered eternal rest on June 23, 2023 at Fairhaven Retirement Community, Whitewater, WI. She was born in Milwaukee, WI, to Merle and Irene (Batcher) French. Gerry lived in Cortland, NY when young but considered Paw Paw, MI, to be…Read Entire Obituary
Roberto De Leon, 56 years old, of Whitewater, WI passed away on Friday, July 7, 2023. Roberto was born February 23, 1967 in Cotui, Dominican Republic to Guadalupe De Leon and Martin Farias. Roberto moved to the United States in 1989 to play baseball, signing with the Atlanta Braves Double-A…Read Entire Obituary
Jeffrey (Jeff) Mark Erdman, avid reader, funny guy, and fishing extraordinaire, escaped this mortal realm on June 11, 2023. Jeff was from Whitewater, Wisconsin, a place he was proud to call ‘home.’ He leaves behind a dysfunctional family that he loved very much, and a house full of stuff that…Read Entire Obituary
Mary Anne Gerlach, 82, of Whitewater passed peacefully to eternal life on Monday, June 19, 2023 at her home surrounded by her family. A memorial service will take place at 11 a.m. on Saturday, July 29, 2023 at First United Methodist Church in Whitewater. Visitation will take place from 9 a.m. until…Read Entire Obituary
Catherine A. MacKenzie, 86, of Whitewater, WI passed away peacefully on Friday, June 30, 2023 at AngelsGrace Hospice in Oconomowoc, WI. Catherine was born on January 2, 1937 in Palmyra, WI the daughter of Ernest and Ruth (Frodl) Congdon. She grew up in Palmyra and graduated from Palmyra High School….Read Entire Obituary
Suzanne Mae (Latta, Fredricksen) Walker was called to her Lord and Savior at age 76 on June 18, 2023. Suzanne was born July 20, 1946 to Winifred and Orville Latta and grew up in Walworth County, Wis. She graduated from Elkhorn High School and attended classes at UW-Whitewater until she…Read Entire Obituary
John Earl Smith, Jr. passed away peacefully on Monday, June 26, in Green Valley, AZ. He was born on October 25, 1931 in Detroit, MI. John held dual citizenship; he was raised in Windsor, Ontario, Canada for the majority of his youth and young adulthood. John graduated from Wayne State…Read Entire Obituary
Donna M. Root, 79, of Fort Atkinson passed away on Thursday, June 22, 2023, at Froedert Hospital in Milwaukee. Donna was born on June 15, 1944, in Chicago, Illinois to Matthew and Shirley (Poliquin) Wehr. She worked as the officer manager at Yerges Transportation for 45+ years. She loved her…Read Entire Obituary
Douglas P. Chaulk, age 75, died unexpectedly Wednesday, June 21, 2023 at the Sanford Canton-Inwood ER. Memorial services are pending. Doug was born on August 9, 1947 in Milwaukee, WI to Donald and Delores (Raison) Chaulk. After graduating high school, he attended college for a short time before enlisting…Read Entire Obituary
The Banner only accepts obituaries from direct family of the deceased or a licensed funeral home. There is no charge for obituaries on the Banner.
If you would like to submit an obituary, please email the Editor at firstname.lastname@example.org
Submit a Post for the Banner
The Banner relies on community members - you - to submit news, events, photos, and other items of interest to post. If you have something to share with our community, please tell us. And for the most exposure possible, remember Whitewater's sizable Spanish-speaking population and submit a bilingual post!
- Photos - Please include one photo (preferably .jpg or .gif). Exceptions include graduation announcements (which are published in a long list a couple times a year) and recurring submissions (meeting announcements, etc.). Please send all images with a meaningful filename.
- Flyers or Attachments - If your submission has a .pdf flyer or requires a sign-up sheet, please send a LINK to the document, not the actual document. If you do not have a website to host the file, please send us a Google Drive, Dropbox or OneDrive link.
- News events (including sports, public events of local interest, etc.) - Please include as much detailed information as possible, including names of participants, date, place, etc. Due to copyright laws, The Banner does not post stories from other news outlets, however we will often include links to other news outlets in our posts.
- Life events (births, quinceaneras, graduations, engagements, weddings, deaths, etc) - The Banner posts life events, including obituaries, free of charge. Remember, the more details, the better.
- Upcoming public events (meetings, concerts, plays, fund-raisers, etc.) - We encourage all organizers of public events to submit a listing for the Community Calendar. If you would also like a post for your event, please submit it separately below, and don't forget detailed contact info like website URL, e-mail address, or phone number.
- Private and for-profit events - Please contact us for advertising information for your private event.
- Timing - The Banner is maintained by volunteers who make every effort to publish posts as quickly as possible. If something is time critical, please plan ahead.
- Editorial Discretion - The Banner editorial committee reserves the right to reject submissions for any reason, including but not limited to content, misspellings, inaccuracies, "non-localness" etc. Please edit your submission thoroughly before submitting.
- Questions - If you have any questions, please contact us.
To Submit, please email us or complete the form below:
The Mission of the Whitewater Banner
Early City Motto "The Banner Inland City of the Midwest"
The Banner has been serving Whitewater, Wisconsin since August 1, 2006