Obituary: Jan M. Riley, 79
JAN M. RILEY, 79, passed away peacefully on May 14, 2023 at home surrounded by her family. She was born on January 31, 1944 in Fort Atkinson, WI to Margaret (Moldenhauer) Mauel and Howard W. Mauel. Jan grew up in the Fort Atkinson/Jefferson area, moving as a freshman in high…Read Entire Obituary
Flags to Half-staff Sat. to Honor Recently Identified WWII Pilot
MADISON — Gov. Tony Evers signed Executive Order #196 ordering the flags of the United States and the state of Wisconsin to be flown at half-staff on Sat., May 6, 2023, in honor of Army Air Forces First Lieutenant Roy Coulson Harms, who lost his life in World War II…Read Entire Obituary
Obituary: Lyla Bernice Pontel, 95
Lyla Bernice Pontel, 95, Whitewater, went to be with her Savior on Friday, April 28, 2023, at Vintage on the Ponds. Lyla was born November 1, 1927, in East Troy to Adolph and Arlene (Timm) Anderson. She married Harlan Pontel on Sept 24, 1947. They farmed most of their lives in East Troy and Whitewater. He preceded her…Read Entire Obituary
Obituary: Sidney S. “Sid” Krahn, 89
Sidney S. “Sid” Krahn, 89, of Whitewater passed away unexpectedly on Wednesday, April 26, 2023 at his home. Sid was born on April 28, 1933 – he would’ve turned 90 this Friday. Born the son of Paul and Martha (Kincaid) Krahn and a lifetime resident of Whitewater. He graduated Whitewater…Read Entire Obituary
Obituary: Shirley Bellrichard, 81
Shirley Bellrichard age 81 passed away at St. Mary’s Hospital on April 22, 2023, surrounded by her husband and three children. She was born an only child to Charles Glover and Verna Glover, in Janesville, Wisconsin. She married Mark Bellrichard May 11, 1963. They have three children Tina Thatcher, Betsy…Read Entire Obituary
Obituary: James F. “Jim” Boehning, 76
James F. “Jim” Boehning, 76, of Whitewater passed away unexpectedly on Monday, April 24, 2023 at his home. Jim was born on September 6, 1946 in Elgin, Illinois to Harry “Pete” and Helen (Raddatz) Boehning. On August 15, 1970 he was united in marriage to Linda Stotmeister at First English…Read Entire Obituary
Obituary: Jeffrey “Jeff” Allan Bolduc, 64, of Jefferson City, TN
JEFFREY ‘JEFF’ ALLAN BOLDUC, age 64, of Jefferson City, TN passed away suddenly and was welcomed into the arms of Jesus on April 16, 2023. He was a loyal employee of SumiRiko Tennessee, Inc. as an environmental engineer. He graduated from the University of Wisconsin, Whitewater. He was also partners…Read Entire Obituary
Obituary: Edna (Peyer) Park, 87, of Sauk City
Edna (Peyer) Park, age 87, passed away April 19, 2023 at her home in Sauk City, Wisconsin. She was born the fourth of five children to Carl H. and Aurora D. Peyer in Peoria, Illinois on April 4, 1936. Edna graduated from Galesburg High School in 1954. She completed her…Read Entire Obituary
Obituary: Thomas Marshall, 72
It is with deep sorrow and much love that we mourn the passing of Thomas Marshall. Tom was born on February 17, 1951, in Fort Atkinson, WI. After a 13-year battle with Parkinson Disease, he passed away peacefully at his home on April 20, 2023, with his family by his…Read Entire Obituary
Obituary: Kelley Sue Marotta, 56, of Janesville
Kelley Sue Marotta, age 56 of Janesville, WI passed away on April 18, 2023, at Mercyhealth Hospital & Trauma Center following a brief illness. She was born in Wauwatosa, WI on July 1, 1966, the daughter of John and Marian (Bruns) Lawrence. She grew up in Janesville and graduated from…Read Entire Obituary
The Banner only accepts obituaries from direct family of the deceased or a licensed funeral home. There is no charge for obituaries on the Banner.
If you would like to submit an obituary, please email the Editor at email@example.com
Submit a Post for the Banner
The Banner relies on community members - you - to submit news, events, photos, and other items of interest to post. If you have something to share with our community, please tell us. And for the most exposure possible, remember Whitewater's sizable Spanish-speaking population and submit a bilingual post!
- Photos - Please include one photo (preferably .jpg or .gif). Exceptions include graduation announcements (which are published in a long list a couple times a year) and recurring submissions (meeting announcements, etc.). Please send all images with a meaningful filename.
- Flyers or Attachments - If your submission has a .pdf flyer or requires a sign-up sheet, please send a LINK to the document, not the actual document. If you do not have a website to host the file, please send us a Google Drive, Dropbox or OneDrive link.
- News events (including sports, public events of local interest, etc.) - Please include as much detailed information as possible, including names of participants, date, place, etc. Due to copyright laws, The Banner does not post stories from other news outlets, however we will often include links to other news outlets in our posts.
- Life events (births, quinceaneras, graduations, engagements, weddings, deaths, etc) - The Banner posts life events, including obituaries, free of charge. Remember, the more details, the better.
- Upcoming public events (meetings, concerts, plays, fund-raisers, etc.) - We encourage all organizers of public events to submit a listing for the Community Calendar. If you would also like a post for your event, please submit it separately below, and don't forget detailed contact info like website URL, e-mail address, or phone number.
- Private and for-profit events - Please contact us for advertising information for your private event.
- Timing - The Banner is maintained by volunteers who make every effort to publish posts as quickly as possible. If something is time critical, please plan ahead.
- Editorial Discretion - The Banner editorial committee reserves the right to reject submissions for any reason, including but not limited to content, misspellings, inaccuracies, "non-localness" etc. Please edit your submission thoroughly before submitting.
- Questions - If you have any questions, please contact us.
To Submit, please email us or complete the form below:
The Mission of the Whitewater Banner
Early City Motto "The Banner Inland City of the Midwest"
The Banner has been serving Whitewater, Wisconsin since August 1, 2006