John J. Holford, 88, of Whitewater passed peacefully on Saturday, March 5, 2022 at his home surrounded by his loving family. He was born on August 4, 1933 as a twin in Beloit, WI, the son of the late Elmer and Marie (Gibbons) Holford. John attended the Whitewater Campus School,…Read Entire Obituary
Patrick S. “Chobey” Young, 58, of Fort Atkinson passed away on Saturday, April 16, 2022 after a long battle against pancreatic cancer, at Rainbow Hospice Inpatient Center surrounded by his loving family. Pat was born on May 23, 1963 at Tripler Army Hospital in Honolulu, Hawaii to Rex and Peggy…Read Entire Obituary
Charles William Hill, 89, was called to Heaven and died on Friday, April 15, 2022. Charlie is at peace now as he is reunited with his wife of 64 years, Barbara. He was a devoted dad to Steve and Lori, Sheryl and Keith, and Sarah and Bob, loving “Grampy” to…Read Entire Obituary
Nancy Jo Fardy,(New Berlin, WI) Nancy went to Heaven peacefully on April 15, 2022 at age 85. Nancy is survived by her beloved sister Patricia Roberts, and her brother Bill Fardy, cherished nieces and nephews, and many dear friends. Preceded in death by her parents Mike and Helen Fardy, her…Read Entire Obituary
Phillip T. Huebner, 34, of Fort Atkinson, WI passed away unexpectedly on Thursday, April 14, 2022 at his home. Phillip was born on April 24, 1987 in Waukesha, WI the son of Phillip and Donna (Schmidt) Huebner. Phillip grew up in the Palmyra area and attended Palmyra-Eagle High School. He…Read Entire Obituary
Obituary: Patricia (Tricia) Ellen Rhodes, 70, Bloomington, MN; Formerly of LaGrange (Updated with arrangements)
Patricia (Tricia) Ellen Rhodes, 70 years old August 20, 1951 – February 6, 2022 Bloomington, MN Formerly of LaGrange, WI TRICIA RHODES died peacefully from breast cancer on February 6, 2022. Her life was filled with friends and music, which she cherished equally. Born in 1951, the third of four…Read Entire Obituary
Rita M. Schea, 89, passed away on Tuesday, April 5, 2022, surrounded by loving family in her home in Janesville, WI. Rita was born December 15, 1932, in Chicago, IL to John and Catherine (Kopczyk) Biernacki. Rita married Norman W. Schea on May 30, 1953, in Chicago, IL. They had…Read Entire Obituary
Liliana (Vena) Pizzichini passed peacefully on Saturday, January 8, 2022 in the home of her grandson, Christopher and his wife Michelle Haferman. She was just nine days shy of her 96TH birthday. She was born in Kenosha, WI to Italian American immigrants, Luigi and Angelina (Turco) Vena. Lil, as known to her…Read Entire Obituary
Amelia Jane (Strand) Butler gained her wings on March 30th, 2022, while vacationing in Spearfish City, South Dakota. She was born into a blended family in January of 1997 to Robert A. Strand and Eydie A. Strand of Whitewater, Wisconsin. She was welcomed by three brothers and one sister. Throughout…Read Entire Obituary
James Allen Jacobson, 80, of Whitewater, WI passed away on Saturday, March 12th, 2022 at Fairhaven Nursing and Rehab in Whitewater, WI. Jim was born on February 20th, 1942 in Marquette, MI to Albert and Madeline Jacobson. He is survived by his wife Patricia Bureau Jacobson of Whitewater, WI, two…Read Entire Obituary
The Banner only accepts obituaries from direct family of the deceased or a licensed funeral home. There is no charge for obituaries on the Banner.
If you would like to submit an obituary, please email the Editor at firstname.lastname@example.org
Submit a Post for the Banner
The Banner relies on community members - you - to submit news, events, photos, and other items of interest to post. If you have something to share with our community, please tell us. And for the most exposure possible, remember Whitewater's sizable Spanish-speaking population and submit a bilingual post!
- Photos - Please include one photo (preferably .jpg or .gif). Exceptions include graduation announcements (which are published in a long list a couple times a year) and recurring submissions (meeting announcements, etc.). Please send all images with a meaningful filename.
- Flyers or Attachments - If your submission has a .pdf flyer or requires a sign-up sheet, please send a LINK to the document, not the actual document. If you do not have a website to host the file, please send us a Google Drive, Dropbox or OneDrive link.
- News events (including sports, public events of local interest, etc.) - Please include as much detailed information as possible, including names of participants, date, place, etc. Due to copyright laws, The Banner does not post stories from other news outlets, however we will often include links to other news outlets in our posts.
- Life events (births, quinceaneras, graduations, engagements, weddings, deaths, etc) - The Banner posts life events, including obituaries, free of charge. Remember, the more details, the better.
- Upcoming public events (meetings, concerts, plays, fund-raisers, etc.) - We encourage all organizers of public events to submit a listing for the Community Calendar. If you would also like a post for your event, please submit it separately below, and don't forget detailed contact info like website URL, e-mail address, or phone number.
- Private and for-profit events - Please contact us for advertising information for your private event.
- Timing - The Banner is maintained by volunteers who make every effort to publish posts as quickly as possible. If something is time critical, please plan ahead.
- Editorial Discretion - The Banner editorial committee reserves the right to reject submissions for any reason, including but not limited to content, misspellings, inaccuracies, "non-localness" etc. Please edit your submission thoroughly before submitting.
- Questions - If you have any questions, please contact us.
To Submit, please email us or complete the form below:
The Mission of the Whitewater Banner
Early City Motto "The Banner Inland City of the Midwest"
The Banner has been serving Whitewater, Wisconsin since August 1, 2006