- 2020 John’s Garbage, Recycle and Bulk Collections – City of Whitewater
- 2020 John’s Garbage, Recycle and Bulk Collections – Town of Whitewater
- 2020 John’s Garbage, Recycle and Bulk Collections – Town of Cold Spring
- 2020 John’s Garbage, Recycle and Bulk Collections – Town of La Grange
- 2020 John’s Garbage, Recycle and Bulk Collections – Town of Lima
- Assembly of God
- B’nai Abraham Congregation For Area Jewish community – Beloit
- Christus Ev. Lutheran Church
- Church of the First Born
- Community of Christ the Servant
- Congregational – United Church of Christ
- CrossPointe Community Church
- First English Lutheran
- First United Methodist
- Kettle Moraine Baptist
- LaGrange United Methodist Church
- Living Word Fellowship
- Millard Community Church
- Richmond United Methodist Church
- St. John Evangelical Lutheran (WELS)
- St. Patrick Catholic Church
- Unitarian Universalist Church of the Lakes – Elkhorn
- Bassett House
- Bethel House
- Chamber of Commerce
- Discover Whitewater Series
- Downtown Whitewater Inc.
- Fourth of July Committee
- Go WW Now
- Greater Whitewater Committee
- Historical Society
- League of Women Voters – Whitewater Area
- Optimist Club
- Seniors in the Park
- Studio 84
- Whitewater Community Foundation
- Whitewater Kiwanis Breakfast Club
- Whitewater Innovation Center
- Whitewater Tourism Council
- Wisconsin Makers
- Whitewater Arts Alliance
- Whitewater Food Pantry
- Whitewater Lake Association
Wanda G. Richards, 85, of Whitewater passed away on Friday, July 31, 2020 at the Rainbow Hospice Center
Wanda G. Richards, 85, of Whitewater, Wis., passed away on Friday, July 31, 2020, at the Rainbow Hospice Center, Johnson Creek, Wis. Wanda was born on April 8, 1935, in Altoona, Pa., to Eldon and Marguerite (Brokaw) Gearhart. Wanda married James H. Richards in Nappanee, Ind., on August 31, 1956….Read Entire Obituary
Donna Mae Weirich, 50, of Whitewater passed away on Friday, July 24, 2020 at her home. Donna was born on June 26, 1970 in McHenry, Illinois to Arthur and Donna J. Weirich. She graduated from Round Lake High School. She enjoyed spending time with her son and friends. In her…Read Entire Obituary
Barbara Ellen Walenton, age 77, of Whitewater passed away unexpectedly at home on the family farm on Tuesday, July 28, 2020 surrounded by her loving family
Barbara Ellen Walenton, age 77, of Whitewater, Wisconsin passed away unexpectedly at home on the family farm on Tuesday, July 28, 2020 surrounded by her loving family. Barbara was born in Whitewater on December 30, 1942 to Donald and Eleanor (Rutoski) Vail. She received her education at Whitewater High School and…Read Entire Obituary
Dorothy Jean (Bulkiewicz) Hoogstra, 83, of Whitewater passed away peacefully on Thursday, July 23, 2020
Dorothy Jean (Bulkiewicz) Hoogstra, 83, of Whitewater passed away peacefully on Thursday, July 23, 2020. Dorothy was the dear daughter of the late Roman (Red) and the late Helen (Biga) Bulkiewicz. She was the last surviving of their six children. Dorothy leaves behind her loving family and friends. She was…Read Entire Obituary
Marsha (Priewe) Lawton, 70, of Whitewater passed away peacefully on Friday, July 24, 2020 at the Glenwood
Marsha (Priewe) Lawton, 70, of Whitewater passed away peacefully on Friday, July 24, 2020 at the Glenwood in Whitewater. Marsha was born on November 25,1949 to Herbert and Edna (Hicks) Priewe. Marsha was a lifelong resident of Whitewater and a 1968 graduate of Whitewater High School. Marsha was very passionate…Read Entire Obituary
Joan Marie Wagie was called home by the Lord on July 23 , 2020, following a brief illness. Joan passed away in her Adult Family Home in Janesville, WI. Joan was born on February 13, 1947, in Whitewater, WI to Walter “Butch” and Jean (Ebert) Wagie. At 18 months old…Read Entire Obituary
Fred A. Beck, 77, beloved husband, father, brother and grandfather, passed away peacefully at home on July 20, 2020 (Updated)
Fred A Beck, 77, beloved husband, father, brother and grandfather, passed away peacefully at home on July 20, 2020. Fred was born on June 11, 1943 to LeRoy Beck and Adaline (Schroeder) Boyce. In his early years, Fred loved motorcycles, trap shooting, hunting, fishing and woodworking. Fred is survived by…Read Entire Obituary
Gordon “Doc” Donnelly Friedrichs, of Waukesha, Wisconsin, passed away on July 10, 2020 at the age of 91 at the WI Veterans Home in Union Grove
Gordon “Doc” Donnelly Friedrichs, of Waukesha, Wisconsin, was born on June 10, 1929, and passed away on July 10, 2020, at the age of 91 at the Wisconsin Veterans Home at Union Grove, WI Formerly of Whitewater and raised in Lake Geneva, Gordon graduated from Lake Geneva High School in…Read Entire Obituary
The Banner staff wishes to extend the services of our publication by welcoming announcements from readers of what might be called “life events,” such as births/adoptions, engagements, weddings, special birthdays/anniversaries including quinceaneras, retirements, achieving citizenship, and the like. Consequently we will be merging obituaries into a new category on our…Read Entire Obituary
Linda Kay Niemuth, 69, of Hustisford, passed away July 11, 2020 at UW Hospital in Madison. A private service will be held on the shore of Lake Sinissippi on Thursday, July 16th for family and close friends. Memorials, if desired, may be directed to UW Carbone Cancer Center (600 Highland…Read Entire Obituary
The Banner only accepts obituaries from direct family of the deceased or a licensed funeral home. There is no charge for obituaries on the Banner.
If you would like to submit an obituary, please email the Editor at firstname.lastname@example.org
Submit a Post for the Banner
The Banner relies on community members - you - to submit news, events, photos, and other items of interest to post. If you have something to share with our community, please tell us. And for the most exposure possible, remember Whitewater's sizable Spanish-speaking population and submit a bilingual post!
- Photos - Please include one photo (preferably .jpg or .gif). Exceptions include graduation announcements (which are published in a long list a couple times a year) and recurring submissions (meeting announcements, etc.). Please send all images with a meaningful filename.
- Flyers or Attachments - If your submission has a .pdf flyer or requires a sign-up sheet, please send a LINK to the document, not the actual document. If you do not have a website to host the file, please send us a Google Drive, Dropbox or OneDrive link.
- News events (including sports, public events of local interest, etc.) - Please include as much detailed information as possible, including names of participants, date, place, etc. Due to copyright laws, The Banner does not post stories from other news outlets, however we will often include links to other news outlets in our posts.
- Life events (births, quinceaneras, graduations, engagements, weddings, deaths, etc) - The Banner posts life events, including obituaries, free of charge. Remember, the more details, the better.
- Upcoming public events (meetings, concerts, plays, fund-raisers, etc.) - We encourage all organizers of public events to submit a listing for the Community Calendar. If you would also like a post for your event, please submit it separately below, and don't forget detailed contact info like website URL, e-mail address, or phone number.
- Private and for-profit events - Please contact us for advertising information for your private event.
- Timing - The Banner is maintained by volunteers who make every effort to publish posts as quickly as possible. If something is time critical, please plan ahead.
- Editorial Discretion - The Banner editorial committee reserves the right to reject submissions for any reason, including but not limited to content, misspellings, inaccuracies, "non-localness" etc. Please edit your submission thoroughly before submitting.
- Questions - If you have any questions, please contact us.
To Submit, please email us or complete the form below:
The Mission of the Whitewater Banner
Early City Motto "The Banner Inland City of the Midwest"
The Banner has been serving Whitewater, Wisconsin since August 1, 2006