Virginia Nell Lauer, age 89, of Milton, died January 4, 2023 at Huntington Place after a long illness. She was born on August 7, 1933 to John and Lula (Hobbs) Godfrey. Virginia married her high school sweetheart, Willis Lauer, on October 6, 1951 at North Lima Presbyterian Church. Virginia enjoyed…Read Entire Obituary
Geraldine Blanche (Riedl) Brunner November 8, 1930 – January 3, 2023 (age 92) Geraldine Blanche (Riedl) Brunner, 92, formerly of Jefferson, WI, passed away peacefully on Tuesday, January 3, 2023, at Fairhaven Senior Services in Whitewater, WI. Gerry was born November 8, 1930 in Helenville, WI, to Lothar and Elizabeth…Read Entire Obituary
Loretta Frances Schrank, “Lori”, was three days shy of her 76th birthday when she passed away after a courageous battle with Alzheimer’s disease. She was born January 7, 1947 in Chicago, IL to Raymond and Helen (Pasternak) Burkhardt. The third of four children, Lori grew up in Chicago, IL before…Read Entire Obituary
William Gerald Albrecht was born on May 4th, 1943 in Chicago, Illinois to William and Essie Albrecht and welcomed by older sister, Jean. He was known to his friends, and anyone else he met, simply as Bill. Bill unexpectedly passed early in the morning on January 5th, 2023. Bill is…Read Entire Obituary
John E. Kincaid, 79, formerly of Dousman passed away peacefully on Monday, December 26, 2022 at Fairhaven in Whitewater. John was born on January 12, 1943 in Michigan to Dean and Elizabeth (Sheller) Kincaid. He graduated from Whitewater high school in 1961. John later attended Beloit College from 1961 to…Read Entire Obituary
Adelaida Vasquez, age 94, of Orange City, Florida passed away peacefully at her home surrounded by family on Wednesday, December 21, 2022. Daughter of the late Juan Vasquez and Sostena Mata and born October 16,1928 in Lockhart, Texas. She grew up with four siblings Juan, Lauriano, Fernando and Julia. She…Read Entire Obituary
Robert “Bob” LeRoy Douglas, age 87, of Janesville, WI, passed away on December 24, 2022, at St. Mary’s Hospital in Madison, WI. Bob was born on October 15, 1935, in Whitewater, WI, the oldest son of LeRoy and Mary (Swan) Douglas. Bob married his high school sweetheart, Virginia Wilken, on April…Read Entire Obituary
Maurice Kalb, age 91, was born to Ernest and Margaret (Piper) Kalb in Sharon, Wisconsin. He grew up with his three brothers on a farm that was lost during the depression due to financial and growing conditions, but due to the parents’ persistence with an 8-year legal battle, won the…Read Entire Obituary
Michael J. Krebs Sr., 80, of Fort Atkinson, passed away Saturday, December 10, 2022 surrounded by his family. Mike was born on June 4, 1942 in Whitewater, son of the late William and Ella (Luebke) Krebs Sr. On June 27, 1959 he married the love of his life, LaVern Raddatz…Read Entire Obituary
On Saturday, December 3rd, 2022, Thomas Robert Guequierre, loving husband and father of two passed away at the age of 71. Tom grew up in Mukwonago, Wisconsin, then lived for many years in Whitewater, Wisconsin, before moving to Florida. Tom’s entire life was dedicated to two things: family, and serving…Read Entire Obituary
The Banner only accepts obituaries from direct family of the deceased or a licensed funeral home. There is no charge for obituaries on the Banner.
If you would like to submit an obituary, please email the Editor at email@example.com
Submit a Post for the Banner
The Banner relies on community members - you - to submit news, events, photos, and other items of interest to post. If you have something to share with our community, please tell us. And for the most exposure possible, remember Whitewater's sizable Spanish-speaking population and submit a bilingual post!
- Photos - Please include one photo (preferably .jpg or .gif). Exceptions include graduation announcements (which are published in a long list a couple times a year) and recurring submissions (meeting announcements, etc.). Please send all images with a meaningful filename.
- Flyers or Attachments - If your submission has a .pdf flyer or requires a sign-up sheet, please send a LINK to the document, not the actual document. If you do not have a website to host the file, please send us a Google Drive, Dropbox or OneDrive link.
- News events (including sports, public events of local interest, etc.) - Please include as much detailed information as possible, including names of participants, date, place, etc. Due to copyright laws, The Banner does not post stories from other news outlets, however we will often include links to other news outlets in our posts.
- Life events (births, quinceaneras, graduations, engagements, weddings, deaths, etc) - The Banner posts life events, including obituaries, free of charge. Remember, the more details, the better.
- Upcoming public events (meetings, concerts, plays, fund-raisers, etc.) - We encourage all organizers of public events to submit a listing for the Community Calendar. If you would also like a post for your event, please submit it separately below, and don't forget detailed contact info like website URL, e-mail address, or phone number.
- Private and for-profit events - Please contact us for advertising information for your private event.
- Timing - The Banner is maintained by volunteers who make every effort to publish posts as quickly as possible. If something is time critical, please plan ahead.
- Editorial Discretion - The Banner editorial committee reserves the right to reject submissions for any reason, including but not limited to content, misspellings, inaccuracies, "non-localness" etc. Please edit your submission thoroughly before submitting.
- Questions - If you have any questions, please contact us.
To Submit, please email us or complete the form below:
The Mission of the Whitewater Banner
Early City Motto "The Banner Inland City of the Midwest"
The Banner has been serving Whitewater, Wisconsin since August 1, 2006