- 2021 John’s Garbage, Recycle and Bulk Collections – City of Whitewater
- 2021 John’s Garbage, Recycle and Bulk Collections – Town of Whitewater
- 2021 John’s Garbage, Recycle and Bulk Collections – Town of Cold Spring
- 2021 John’s Garbage, Recycle and Bulk Collections – Town of Lima
- 2021 John’s Garbage, Recycle and Bulk Collections – Town of La Grange
- Seniors in the Park Newsletters
- Studio 84 Newsletters
- United Way of Jefferson and Walworth County Newsletters
- UWW Police Newsletters
- Whitewater Area League of Women Voters Newsletters
- Whitewater Area Chamber of Commerce Newsletter
- Whitewater Arts Alliance Newsletters
- Whitewater Police Department Newsletters
- Whitewater University Technology Park
- Assembly of God
- B’nai Abraham Congregation For Area Jewish community – Beloit
- Christus Ev. Lutheran Church
- Church of the First Born
- Community of Christ the Servant
- Congregational – United Church of Christ
- CrossPointe Community Church
- First English Lutheran
- First United Methodist
- Kettle Moraine Baptist
- LaGrange United Methodist Church
- Living Word Fellowship
- Millard Community Church
- Richmond United Methodist Church
- St. John Evangelical Lutheran (WELS)
- St. Patrick Catholic Church
- Unitarian Universalist Church of the Lakes – Elkhorn
- Bassett House
- Bethel House
- Chamber of Commerce
- Discover Whitewater Series
- Downtown Whitewater Inc.
- Fourth of July Committee
- Go WW Now
- Greater Whitewater Committee
- Historical Society
- League of Women Voters – Whitewater Area
- Optimist Club
- Seniors in the Park
- Studio 84
- UW Whitewater Community Engagement Center
- Whitewater Community Foundation
- Whitewater Kiwanis Breakfast Club
- Whitewater Innovation Center
- Whitewater Tourism Council
- Wisconsin Makers
- Whitewater Arts Alliance
- Whitewater Food Pantry
- Whitewater Lake Association
James F. Carter age 86 of Darien, WI died Thursday December 17, 2020 in his home. He was born April 21, 1934 to the late Joseph F. and Helen A. (Nicholson) Carter of Ottawa, IL. Jim attended Ottawa High School. Jim met Myrna while delivering dry cleaning to her residence in 1954. Jim later admitted…Read Entire Obituary
Pasquale “Pat” Castelvecchi, 90, Whitewater, passed away on Thursday, December 17, 2020. Pat was born on March 9, 1930 in Chicago, IL to Nello and Francis (Plattis) Castelvecchi. He was a Chicago man through and through and enjoyed watching the Bears and the Cubs. Pat loved golfing, boating and spending…Read Entire Obituary
Betty (M) Sanders (Farrar), 89 of Whitewater, passed peacefully to eternal life on December 15, 2020 at Glenwood, Mulberry Memory Care
Betty (M) Sanders (Farrar), 89 of Whitewater, passed peacefully to eternal life on December 15, 2020 at Glenwood, Mulberry Memory Care in Whitewater, WI. Betty Mae was born on May 20, 1931 in Chicago, IL to Russell and Genevieve Farrar (Mitchell). Betty Mae was a devoted loving mother, grandmother and great-grandmother. Betty was a Bookkeeper for Chaney Tire Service in Darien, WI She loved tending to and sharing her flowers…Read Entire Obituary
JONA “JO” Freeman, age 49 of Whitewater, passed away peacefully Thursday, December 10, 2020 at Agrace Hospice Care in Janesville
JONA “JO” Freeman age 49 of Whitewater passed away peacefully Thursday, December 10, 2020, at Agrace Hospice Care in Janesville. She was born on September 20, 1971 in Fort Atkinson, the daughter of Thomas and Judy (Christenson) Schopen. She graduated from Whitewater High School in 1990 and Blackhawk Technical College…Read Entire Obituary
Clifford “Cliff” O. Storlie Jr., age 64 of Whitewater, passed away December 8, 2020 at Froedtert Hospital, following a two week long courageous battle against COVID
Clifford “Cliff” O. Storlie Jr. age 64 of Whitewater passed away December 8, 2020 at Froedtert Hospital in Milwaukee, following a two week long courageous battle against COVID. Cliff was born on January 16, 1956 in Prairie du Chien to Clifford and Mary Lou (Harding) Storlie Sr. He graduated from…Read Entire Obituary
Ashley Sue Sutton, 28, of Fort Atkinson passed away on Tuesday, November 24, 2020. Ashley was born on August 26, 1992 in Milwaukee to Stephen W. and Gina (Alberti) Sutton. After graduating Whitewater High School, Ashley attended Paul Mitchell Cosmetology Academy in Waukesha, Wisconsin. Ashley’s personality was bigger than life;…Read Entire Obituary
Jonathan R. Turner was born February 15, 1978 in Galesburg, Illinois to Richard R. and Patricia A. (Spring) Turner. He passed away on Tuesday, December 8, 2020 at his home in Williams Bay. Jon was an exceptional man, loved by all that knew him. Whatever Jon did he did…Read Entire Obituary
Ronald Lee Koebernick, 78, of Wilton, and long time resident of Richmond, died Wednesday, December 9, 2020 at Mayo Health Center in LaCrosse
Ronald Lee Koebernick, 78, of Wilton, and long time resident of Richmond, died Wednesday, December 9, 2020 at Mayo Health Center in LaCrosse. He was born to Sylvia Koebernick on November 22nd, 1942. He was a member of the Wilton High School Graduating Class of 1960. He joined the U.S….Read Entire Obituary
Ruth K. Bertolaet, 94, of Whitewater passed away due to COVID-19 on Saturday, November 21, 2020 at Fairhaven Senior Services
Ruth K. Bertolaet, 94, of Whitewater, WI, passed away due to COVID-19 on Saturday, November 21, 2020 at Fairhaven Senior Services in Whitewater. Ruth was born on September 10th, 1926 in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, the daughter of Elmer and Esther (Protzmann) Krahn. She grew up in the Milwaukee area and attended…Read Entire Obituary
Dan Wolfe, 75, of Whitewater, beloved husband of Lyn, passed away peacefully December 8, 2020 at Glenwood
Dan Wolfe, 75 of Whitewater, beloved husband of Lyn, passed away peacefully December 8, 2020 at Glenwood. Dan was a barber for 49 years, owning Barber’s Office first in Burlington, later in Necedah. Barber Dan loved hunting and fishing, playing cards, auctions and refinishing furniture. He bravely faced Lewy Body…Read Entire Obituary
The Banner only accepts obituaries from direct family of the deceased or a licensed funeral home. There is no charge for obituaries on the Banner.
If you would like to submit an obituary, please email the Editor at email@example.com
Submit a Post for the Banner
The Banner relies on community members - you - to submit news, events, photos, and other items of interest to post. If you have something to share with our community, please tell us. And for the most exposure possible, remember Whitewater's sizable Spanish-speaking population and submit a bilingual post!
- Photos - Please include one photo (preferably .jpg or .gif). Exceptions include graduation announcements (which are published in a long list a couple times a year) and recurring submissions (meeting announcements, etc.). Please send all images with a meaningful filename.
- Flyers or Attachments - If your submission has a .pdf flyer or requires a sign-up sheet, please send a LINK to the document, not the actual document. If you do not have a website to host the file, please send us a Google Drive, Dropbox or OneDrive link.
- News events (including sports, public events of local interest, etc.) - Please include as much detailed information as possible, including names of participants, date, place, etc. Due to copyright laws, The Banner does not post stories from other news outlets, however we will often include links to other news outlets in our posts.
- Life events (births, quinceaneras, graduations, engagements, weddings, deaths, etc) - The Banner posts life events, including obituaries, free of charge. Remember, the more details, the better.
- Upcoming public events (meetings, concerts, plays, fund-raisers, etc.) - We encourage all organizers of public events to submit a listing for the Community Calendar. If you would also like a post for your event, please submit it separately below, and don't forget detailed contact info like website URL, e-mail address, or phone number.
- Private and for-profit events - Please contact us for advertising information for your private event.
- Timing - The Banner is maintained by volunteers who make every effort to publish posts as quickly as possible. If something is time critical, please plan ahead.
- Editorial Discretion - The Banner editorial committee reserves the right to reject submissions for any reason, including but not limited to content, misspellings, inaccuracies, "non-localness" etc. Please edit your submission thoroughly before submitting.
- Questions - If you have any questions, please contact us.
To Submit, please email us or complete the form below:
The Mission of the Whitewater Banner
Early City Motto "The Banner Inland City of the Midwest"
The Banner has been serving Whitewater, Wisconsin since August 1, 2006