- 2021 John’s Garbage, Recycle and Bulk Collections – City of Whitewater
- 2021 John’s Garbage, Recycle and Bulk Collections – Town of Whitewater
- 2021 John’s Garbage, Recycle and Bulk Collections – Town of Cold Spring
- 2021 John’s Garbage, Recycle and Bulk Collections – Town of Lima
- 2021 John’s Garbage, Recycle and Bulk Collections – Town of La Grange
- Seniors in the Park Newsletters
- Studio 84 Newsletters
- United Way of Jefferson and Walworth County Newsletters
- UWW Police Newsletters
- Whitewater Area League of Women Voters Newsletters
- Whitewater Area Chamber of Commerce Newsletter
- Whitewater Arts Alliance Newsletters
- Whitewater Police Department Newsletters
- Whitewater University Technology Park
- Assembly of God
- B’nai Abraham Congregation For Area Jewish community – Beloit
- Christus Ev. Lutheran Church
- Church of the First Born
- Community of Christ the Servant
- Congregational – United Church of Christ
- CrossPointe Community Church
- First English Lutheran
- First United Methodist
- Kettle Moraine Baptist
- LaGrange United Methodist Church
- Living Word Fellowship
- Millard Community Church
- Richmond United Methodist Church
- St. John Evangelical Lutheran (WELS)
- St. Patrick Catholic Church
- Unitarian Universalist Church of the Lakes – Elkhorn
- Bassett House
- Bethel House
- Chamber of Commerce
- Discover Whitewater Series
- Downtown Whitewater Inc.
- Fourth of July Committee
- Go WW Now
- Greater Whitewater Committee
- Historical Society
- League of Women Voters – Whitewater Area
- Optimist Club
- Seniors in the Park
- Studio 84
- UW Whitewater Community Engagement Center
- Whitewater Community Foundation
- Whitewater Kiwanis Breakfast Club
- Whitewater Innovation Center
- Whitewater Tourism Council
- Wisconsin Makers
- Whitewater Arts Alliance
- Whitewater Food Pantry
- Whitewater Lake Association
Flora Marie Helling, age 92, a long-time Richmond Township resident, died Monday, Dec. 7, 2020 at Silverado North Shore Memory Care, Glendale, WI
Flora Marie Helling, age 92, a long-time Richmond, WI Township resident died Monday, December 7, 2020 at Silverado North Shore Memory Care Community, Glendale, WI. She was born on January 15, 1928 in Gladwin, MI, the daughter of Reynold and Martha (Koenke) Kranich. She grew up in Gladwin and graduated…Read Entire Obituary
Donald “Doc” Merl Kelley, 64, Whitewater, passed away at his home surrounded by his family on Sunday, December 6, 2020
Donald “Doc” Merl Kelley, 64, Whitewater, passed away at his home surrounded by his family on Sunday, December 6, 2020. Doc was born on August 14, 1956 in Elkhorn, WI to Lloyd and Irene (Clifford) Kelley. He graduated from Whitewater High School in 1975. On October 2, 1982 Doc married…Read Entire Obituary
Lisa Ann Parker, 57, Whitewater, passed away on Saturday, December 5, 2020 at her home surrounded by her family
Lisa Ann Parker, 57, Whitewater, passed away on Saturday, December 5, 2020 at her home surrounded by her family. Lisa was born on April 15, 1963 in Indianapolis, IN to her loving mother, Joanne Cooper. She graduated from Whitewater High School in 1981. On December 5, 1981 Lisa married William…Read Entire Obituary
Dennis “Denny” William Kehoe, 92, of Whitewater passed on Wednesday, December 2, 2020 at Glenwood at Mulberry Glen
Dennis “Denny” William Kehoe, 92, of Whitewater passed on Wednesday, December 2, 2020 at Glenwood at Mulberry Glen. Denny was born on June 11, 1928 in Watertown to Charles W. and Anna O. (Dollase) Kehoe. He was a World War II era veteran, stationed in Occupied Japan. After serving his…Read Entire Obituary
Dennis D. Floerke, age 68, of Stitzer, WI, formerly of Whitewater, passed away on Tuesday, Dec. 1, 2020 at his residence with his family by his side
Dennis D. Floerke, age 68, of Stitzer, WI, formerly of Whitewater, passed away on Tuesday, December 1, 2020 at his residence with his family by his side. He was born on January 12, 1952 in Fort Atkinson the son of Lawrence and Nora (Beighley) Floerke. He was united in marriage…Read Entire Obituary
William “Bill” L. Cushman, 96, passed away on Sunday, Nov. 8, 2020 at Fairhaven in Whitewater. Due to the high Covid-19 numbers, the visitation scheduled for Saturday, December 5, 2020 at the Nitardy Funeral Home, Whitewater, WI has been cancelled. A Graveside Service with a Masonic Service will be held…Read Entire Obituary
David F. Byrne, 95, Whitewater, passed away on November 24, 2020 and joined his wife Elizabeth (UPDATED)
David F. Byrne, 95, Whitewater, passed away on November 24, 2020. David was born December 11, 1924 in Pontiac, Illinois, to Ira and Vera (Rittenhouse) Byrne. He was raised 2 miles northeast of Saunemin on the family farm of four generations. He attended elementary and secondary schools at Saunemin, Illinois,…Read Entire Obituary
Janet Marie (Cooper) Grosskreutz, 62, was reborn to eternal life on November 24, 2020 after a long battle with COPD
Janet Marie (Cooper) Grosskreutz Janet Marie (Cooper) Grosskreutz, 62, was reborn to eternal life on November 24, 2020 after a long battle with COPD. She was born on February 1, 1958, to Walter and Elizabeth (Fisch) Cooper at Fort Atkinson Memorial Hospital. She grew up in the Lima/Cold Spring/Whitewater area…Read Entire Obituary
Jeanine R. Stauffacher, 81, of Whitewater passed away on Sunday, November 22, 2020 at Fairhaven. Jeanine was born on November 23, 1938 in Green Bay, Wisconsin to Raymond and Gertrude Larsen. She grew up on the family farm and was very active in her local 4-H club. After graduating from Denmark High School in…Read Entire Obituary
Charles Thomas Janulewicz “Bear,” 66, was called home to be with his Wife Gloria on the 14th of November in Mesa, AZ
Charles Thomas Janulewicz “Bear” “Bear,” 66, Was called home to be with his Wife Gloria on Saturday the 14th of November in Mesa, Arizona. Bear was married to Gloria J. Janulewicz for 27 unforgettable years. In 2006 Bear lost the love of his life. Bear spoke of Gloria every day and of…Read Entire Obituary
The Banner only accepts obituaries from direct family of the deceased or a licensed funeral home. There is no charge for obituaries on the Banner.
If you would like to submit an obituary, please email the Editor at email@example.com
Submit a Post for the Banner
The Banner relies on community members - you - to submit news, events, photos, and other items of interest to post. If you have something to share with our community, please tell us. And for the most exposure possible, remember Whitewater's sizable Spanish-speaking population and submit a bilingual post!
- Photos - Please include one photo (preferably .jpg or .gif). Exceptions include graduation announcements (which are published in a long list a couple times a year) and recurring submissions (meeting announcements, etc.). Please send all images with a meaningful filename.
- Flyers or Attachments - If your submission has a .pdf flyer or requires a sign-up sheet, please send a LINK to the document, not the actual document. If you do not have a website to host the file, please send us a Google Drive, Dropbox or OneDrive link.
- News events (including sports, public events of local interest, etc.) - Please include as much detailed information as possible, including names of participants, date, place, etc. Due to copyright laws, The Banner does not post stories from other news outlets, however we will often include links to other news outlets in our posts.
- Life events (births, quinceaneras, graduations, engagements, weddings, deaths, etc) - The Banner posts life events, including obituaries, free of charge. Remember, the more details, the better.
- Upcoming public events (meetings, concerts, plays, fund-raisers, etc.) - We encourage all organizers of public events to submit a listing for the Community Calendar. If you would also like a post for your event, please submit it separately below, and don't forget detailed contact info like website URL, e-mail address, or phone number.
- Private and for-profit events - Please contact us for advertising information for your private event.
- Timing - The Banner is maintained by volunteers who make every effort to publish posts as quickly as possible. If something is time critical, please plan ahead.
- Editorial Discretion - The Banner editorial committee reserves the right to reject submissions for any reason, including but not limited to content, misspellings, inaccuracies, "non-localness" etc. Please edit your submission thoroughly before submitting.
- Questions - If you have any questions, please contact us.
To Submit, please email us or complete the form below:
The Mission of the Whitewater Banner
Early City Motto "The Banner Inland City of the Midwest"
The Banner has been serving Whitewater, Wisconsin since August 1, 2006