William “Bill” F. Schulte, 82, of Whitewater passed away on November 11, 2020 at his home. Bill was born on November 15, 1937 in Milwaukee to Vernon and Mary (Hanrahan) Schulte. He graduated from Waukesha Catholic Memorial High School. On February 13, 1960 Bill married Judith Neverman in Waukesha and…Read Entire Obituary
In the early hours of Sunday morning November 8, 2020 Marlene Violet Molisee passed away while sleeping in her Whitewater home
In the early hours of Sunday morning November 8th, 2020 Marlene Violet Molisee passed away while sleeping in her Whitewater home due to complications of the cancer she had suffered with for more than the last few years. She was born in Duluth, Minnesota on June 12th, 1947 to Peter…Read Entire Obituary
William “Bill” L. Cushman, 96, passed away on Sunday, Nov. 8, 2020 at Fairhaven in Whitewater. Bill was born on June 23, 1924 to Cyrus Leland and Flora (Zuill) Cushman in Whitewater. His early school days happened about 200 yards up the road from his home in a one room…Read Entire Obituary
Marcelaine Jeanette “Marcey” Clark, 92, of McPherson, Kansas, passed away at 8:01 a.m., Wednesday, November 11th, 2020 while in the company of family members at McPherson Hospital . Marcelaine was born in Dousman, Wisconsin on May 4, 1928, a daughter of Lucille A. (Zick) and Walter F. Miller. Marcey attended…Read Entire Obituary
Donald Henry Tomten, age 89, Milton, died Sunday, November 1, 2020 at St. Mary’s Hospital Janesville (Updated with obituary)
Milton, WI Donald Henry Tomten, age 89 passed away Sunday, November 1, 2020 at SSM Health St. Mary’s Hospital Janesville, WI. Donald was born on March 19, 1931 to Gilbert and Selma (Bekkum) Tomten in Westby, Wisconsin. He graduated from Westby High School in 1949. He was a veteran of…Read Entire Obituary
Phillip E. Huebner, 73, of Whitewater passed away unexpectedly on Saturday, October 31, 2020 at his home
Phillip E. Huebner, 73, of Whitewater, WI passed away unexpectedly on Saturday, October 31, 2020 at his home. Phil was born on October 30, 1947 in Waukesha, WI the son of Robert and Lorraine (Kipp) Huebner. He grew up in the Waukesha area and graduated from Waukesha South High School….Read Entire Obituary
Vivian “Marie” Luebke, 84, of Whitewater passed away on Saturday, October 17, 2020 at St. Mary’s Hospital in Madison
Vivian “Marie” Luebke, 84, of Whitewater passed away on Saturday, October 17, 2020 at St. Mary’s Hospital in Madison. Marie was born on April 15, 1936 in Shellsburg, Wisconsin to Donald and Margaret Thomas. On September 14, 1960 Marie married Ron Luebke and together they had five children. She worked…Read Entire Obituary
Earl J. Johnson, 79, of Whitewater passed away on October 15, 2020 at Fairhaven in Whitewater. Earl was born on March 11, 1941 in Whitewater to John and Helen (Madsen) Johnson. After graduating from Whitewater High School, Earl enlisted in the United States Army at 17 in 1957 and served…Read Entire Obituary
John “Jack” W. Bray, 86, of Madison entered Eternal life on Wednesday, October 7, 2020 at St. Mary’s Care Center in Madison
John “Jack” W. Bray, 86, of Madison entered Eternal life on Wednesday, October 7, 2020 at St. Mary’s Care Center in Madison. Jack was born on September 25, 1934 in Madison to Wallace and Clara (Larson) Bray. Immediately after graduating from Whitewater State Teachers College High School in 1952 he…Read Entire Obituary
Dean Elting Taylor, age 96, passed away on September 29, 2020, at Fairhaven Senior Services in Whitewater
DEAN ELTING TAYLOR April 24, 1924 – September 29, 2020 Dean Elting Taylor, age 96, passed away on September 29, 2020, at Fairhaven Senior Services in Whitewater. He was born April 24, 1924, in Whitewater, Wisconsin, the second of two children of Lloyd and Elsie (Uglow) Taylor. He lived in…Read Entire Obituary
The Banner only accepts obituaries from direct family of the deceased or a licensed funeral home. There is no charge for obituaries on the Banner.
If you would like to submit an obituary, please email the Editor at firstname.lastname@example.org
Submit a Post for the Banner
The Banner relies on community members - you - to submit news, events, photos, and other items of interest to post. If you have something to share with our community, please tell us. And for the most exposure possible, remember Whitewater's sizable Spanish-speaking population and submit a bilingual post!
- Photos - Please include one photo (preferably .jpg or .gif). Exceptions include graduation announcements (which are published in a long list a couple times a year) and recurring submissions (meeting announcements, etc.). Please send all images with a meaningful filename.
- Flyers or Attachments - If your submission has a .pdf flyer or requires a sign-up sheet, please send a LINK to the document, not the actual document. If you do not have a website to host the file, please send us a Google Drive, Dropbox or OneDrive link.
- News events (including sports, public events of local interest, etc.) - Please include as much detailed information as possible, including names of participants, date, place, etc. Due to copyright laws, The Banner does not post stories from other news outlets, however we will often include links to other news outlets in our posts.
- Life events (births, quinceaneras, graduations, engagements, weddings, deaths, etc) - The Banner posts life events, including obituaries, free of charge. Remember, the more details, the better.
- Upcoming public events (meetings, concerts, plays, fund-raisers, etc.) - We encourage all organizers of public events to submit a listing for the Community Calendar. If you would also like a post for your event, please submit it separately below, and don't forget detailed contact info like website URL, e-mail address, or phone number.
- Private and for-profit events - Please contact us for advertising information for your private event.
- Timing - The Banner is maintained by volunteers who make every effort to publish posts as quickly as possible. If something is time critical, please plan ahead.
- Editorial Discretion - The Banner editorial committee reserves the right to reject submissions for any reason, including but not limited to content, misspellings, inaccuracies, "non-localness" etc. Please edit your submission thoroughly before submitting.
- Questions - If you have any questions, please contact us.
To Submit, please email us or complete the form below:
The Mission of the Whitewater Banner
Early City Motto "The Banner Inland City of the Midwest"
The Banner has been serving Whitewater, Wisconsin since August 1, 2006