October 2, 2020 MEMORIAL SERVICE FOR LAVONA HARTMAN POSTPONEDDue to the increase of COVID-19 cases in Wisconsin, the family of Lavona Hartman has determined it is in everyone’s best interest to postpone the memorial service for Lavona until the virus is under control. Please stay safe. Jerry Hartman and family…Read Entire Obituary
Rev. Carroll J. Olm, 95, of Whitewater died on September 26, 2020. Carroll was born on January 30, 1925 in Marengo, Iowa to Paul and Hulda (Pohl) Olm. He earned his undergraduate degree from Mission House Theological Seminary (now Lakeland University), where he met the love of his life, Marilyn…Read Entire Obituary
Mary Lou Lein was born 11/15/1930 in Menominee,WI. Died 08/02/2020. She was the youngest of 4 children, Bob, Bill, and Arliss(all deceased). Mom came to Whitewater in 1950 to attend UW-Whitewater to obtain a teaching degree. She met my father Art and they were married in 1953. She had 2…Read Entire Obituary
Barry Edmund Wescott passed away September 22, 2020 at Agrace Hospice, Fitchburg, WI. Barry or “Bear” as he often liked to be called was born in Watertown, WI October 15, 1945 to Donald and Agnes (Hedrick) Wescott. He is survived by his wife Bridget (King), twin sister Jeanne (Wescott) McKenna,…Read Entire Obituary
Kayla Marie Boehning, 24, of Whitewater passed away on September 8, 2020. She was born on November 5, 1995 in Fort Atkinson to James and Stephanie (Gosh) Boehning. She enjoyed working as a cashier at Casey’s Convenient Store in Whitewater. Kayla enjoyed being with her family, and her fur babies…Read Entire Obituary
On Sunday September 20, 2020, Larry Lee Peiffer, loving husband, father, and grandfather passed away peacefully at the age of 86
On Sunday September 20, 2020, Larry Lee Peiffer, loving husband, father, and grandfather passed away peacefully at the age of 86. Larry was born on November 15, 1933 in Milwaukee, WI to Agnes (nee Leitzman) and Clarence Peiffer, the youngest of three children. He attended West Division High School for…Read Entire Obituary
Barbara Anne Sanchez (71) of Whitewater died peacefully on September 15 at Mercy Hospital in Janesville
Barbara Anne Sanchez (71) of Whitewater died peacefully on September 15 at Mercy Hospital in Janesville. Barb was born on February 9th, 1949, in Lincoln, Nebraska, as an identical twin, to A. Jeannette (Luby) and Clayton J. Hohnstein. She received her undergraduate degree from the University of New Mexico and…Read Entire Obituary
Florence Estelle Eggleston (nee Olds), age 82, of Adams passed away Sunday September 20, 2020. She was born June 7, 1938 in Jefferson, WI. She was the daughter of Stephan A. and Olive Olds (Klaes). Florence lived most of her life in the Palmyra-Whitewater area. She moved to Adams 25…Read Entire Obituary
Brenda Marie (Buening) Channing went to her eternal home on Tuesday, September 15th. Born March 3, 1949 in Fort Atkinson, Wisconsin to Lawrence (Larry) and Louise (Scherer) Buening. She graduated from Whitewater High School in 1967, went to beauty school and worked as a beautician at Puddie’s Beauty Salon for…Read Entire Obituary
Ilana Margarite Lathrop, 80, of Palmyra passed away on Tuesday, September 15, 2020 at Lake Country Landing in Oconomowoc
Ilana Margarite Lathrop, 80, of Palmyra passed away on Tuesday, September 15, 2020 at Lake Country Landing in Oconomowoc. Ilana was born on April 10, 1940 to Clarence and Alice Walz at Swedish Hospital in Minneapolis, Minnesota. Ilana graduated from Waukesha High School and met her husband, Alfred (Ike) Lathrop,…Read Entire Obituary
The Banner only accepts obituaries from direct family of the deceased or a licensed funeral home. There is no charge for obituaries on the Banner.
If you would like to submit an obituary, please email the Editor at firstname.lastname@example.org
Submit a Post for the Banner
The Banner relies on community members - you - to submit news, events, photos, and other items of interest to post. If you have something to share with our community, please tell us. And for the most exposure possible, remember Whitewater's sizable Spanish-speaking population and submit a bilingual post!
- Photos - Please include one photo (preferably .jpg or .gif). Exceptions include graduation announcements (which are published in a long list a couple times a year) and recurring submissions (meeting announcements, etc.). Please send all images with a meaningful filename.
- Flyers or Attachments - If your submission has a .pdf flyer or requires a sign-up sheet, please send a LINK to the document, not the actual document. If you do not have a website to host the file, please send us a Google Drive, Dropbox or OneDrive link.
- News events (including sports, public events of local interest, etc.) - Please include as much detailed information as possible, including names of participants, date, place, etc. Due to copyright laws, The Banner does not post stories from other news outlets, however we will often include links to other news outlets in our posts.
- Life events (births, quinceaneras, graduations, engagements, weddings, deaths, etc) - The Banner posts life events, including obituaries, free of charge. Remember, the more details, the better.
- Upcoming public events (meetings, concerts, plays, fund-raisers, etc.) - We encourage all organizers of public events to submit a listing for the Community Calendar. If you would also like a post for your event, please submit it separately below, and don't forget detailed contact info like website URL, e-mail address, or phone number.
- Private and for-profit events - Please contact us for advertising information for your private event.
- Timing - The Banner is maintained by volunteers who make every effort to publish posts as quickly as possible. If something is time critical, please plan ahead.
- Editorial Discretion - The Banner editorial committee reserves the right to reject submissions for any reason, including but not limited to content, misspellings, inaccuracies, "non-localness" etc. Please edit your submission thoroughly before submitting.
- Questions - If you have any questions, please contact us.
To Submit, please email us or complete the form below:
The Mission of the Whitewater Banner
Early City Motto "The Banner Inland City of the Midwest"
The Banner has been serving Whitewater, Wisconsin since August 1, 2006