March 19, 1922 – August 10, 2020 Jessie Jean (Harris) Butt was born March 19, 1922 in Delavan the daughter of Jesse and Pearl Mitchell Harris. Graduate of Delavan High School and Wisconsin Academy of Cosmetic Art, Milwaukee, WI. Worked at beauty shops in Janesville prior to marriage to Orville L….Read Entire Obituary
Raymond Leo Erikson, 84, of Cambridge, MA and previously of Eagle, WI passed away on March 30, 2020. Ray was born on January 24, 1936 the son of the former Leo and Mary Erikson from Eagle, WI and brother of Gordon Erikson. Ray was a pioneer in cancer research. Ray…Read Entire Obituary
Sally Link Christopher entered eternal life on August 5, 2020. Mourned by children Mark (Sue) Spring Valley, WI; David (Kim) Maiden Rock, WI; Ann (Andrew) Chattanooga TN; Eric (Maggie) St. Paul, MN; and grandchildren Paul, Ben (LaChelle) Minneapolis, MN; Rachel, Daniel, Chattanooga, TN. Preceded in death by husband Dale, who…Read Entire Obituary
Wallace “Wally” Edward Green, 90, of Whitewater (formerly of Fort Atkinson) entered eternal life on Monday, August 3, 2020 at Fairhaven just one day shy of his 91st birthday
Wallace “Wally” Edward Green, 90, of Whitewater (formerly of Fort Atkinson) entered eternal life on Monday, August 3, 2020 at Fairhaven Retirement Center just one day shy of his 91st birthday. Wally was born in Carroll, Iowa on August 4, 1929, son of James and Henrietta (Krause) Green. Wally grew…Read Entire Obituary
Benjamin Haoxiang Liang, always called Benny, beloved son, brother, and grandson unexpectedly passed away on July 20
Benjamin Haoxiang Liang, always called Benny, beloved son, brother, and grandson unexpectedly passed away on July 20. Benny, a member of Delta Tau Delta, graduated from Wabash College with a Biology major and Philosophy minor in May of 2020. Benny was set to pursue a master’s degree in Human Performance…Read Entire Obituary
LaVonne “Bonnie” Eileen Coleman, 81, of Whitewater passed away on Monday, August 3, 2020 at Rainbow Hospice Inpatient Center
LaVonne “Bonnie” Eileen Coleman, 81, of Whitewater passed away on Monday, August 3, 2020 at Rainbow Hospice Inpatient Center in Johnson Creek. Bonnie was born on January 31, 1939 in LaCrosse to Arthur and Evelyn (Olson) Mehren. She received her education at Antigo High School in Antigo, Wisconsin, and then…Read Entire Obituary
Route, Jerry S, Age 87, of Whitewater, died on Monday, August 3, 2020, his 87th birthday, at Fairhaven in Whitewater.
Route, Jerry S, Age 87, of Whitewater, died on Monday, August 3, 2020, his 87th birthday, at Fairhaven in Whitewater. He was born on August 3, 1933, in Amery, Wisconsin, the youngest of 11 children of Fred and Inga Route. He married Audrey Ausen on September, 5, 1953, in Star…Read Entire Obituary
Suzan Wade, 71, of Whitewater passed away on Sunday, August 2, 2020. The full obituary will appear at a later time. Nitardy Funeral Home is assisting the family with arrangements. Online condolences can be made at www.nitardyfuneralhome.comRead Entire Obituary
Wanda G. Richards, 85, of Whitewater passed away on Friday, July 31, 2020 at the Rainbow Hospice Center
Wanda G. Richards, 85, of Whitewater, Wis., passed away on Friday, July 31, 2020, at the Rainbow Hospice Center, Johnson Creek, Wis. Wanda was born on April 8, 1935, in Altoona, Pa., to Eldon and Marguerite (Brokaw) Gearhart. Wanda married James H. Richards in Nappanee, Ind., on August 31, 1956….Read Entire Obituary
Donna Mae Weirich, 50, of Whitewater passed away on Friday, July 24, 2020 at her home. Donna was born on June 26, 1970 in McHenry, Illinois to Arthur and Donna J. Weirich. She graduated from Round Lake High School. She enjoyed spending time with her son and friends. In her…Read Entire Obituary
The Banner only accepts obituaries from direct family of the deceased or a licensed funeral home. There is no charge for obituaries on the Banner.
If you would like to submit an obituary, please email the Editor at firstname.lastname@example.org
Submit a Post for the Banner
The Banner relies on community members - you - to submit news, events, photos, and other items of interest to post. If you have something to share with our community, please tell us. And for the most exposure possible, remember Whitewater's sizable Spanish-speaking population and submit a bilingual post!
- Photos - Please include one photo (preferably .jpg or .gif). Exceptions include graduation announcements (which are published in a long list a couple times a year) and recurring submissions (meeting announcements, etc.). Please send all images with a meaningful filename.
- Flyers or Attachments - If your submission has a .pdf flyer or requires a sign-up sheet, please send a LINK to the document, not the actual document. If you do not have a website to host the file, please send us a Google Drive, Dropbox or OneDrive link.
- News events (including sports, public events of local interest, etc.) - Please include as much detailed information as possible, including names of participants, date, place, etc. Due to copyright laws, The Banner does not post stories from other news outlets, however we will often include links to other news outlets in our posts.
- Life events (births, quinceaneras, graduations, engagements, weddings, deaths, etc) - The Banner posts life events, including obituaries, free of charge. Remember, the more details, the better.
- Upcoming public events (meetings, concerts, plays, fund-raisers, etc.) - We encourage all organizers of public events to submit a listing for the Community Calendar. If you would also like a post for your event, please submit it separately below, and don't forget detailed contact info like website URL, e-mail address, or phone number.
- Private and for-profit events - Please contact us for advertising information for your private event.
- Timing - The Banner is maintained by volunteers who make every effort to publish posts as quickly as possible. If something is time critical, please plan ahead.
- Editorial Discretion - The Banner editorial committee reserves the right to reject submissions for any reason, including but not limited to content, misspellings, inaccuracies, "non-localness" etc. Please edit your submission thoroughly before submitting.
- Questions - If you have any questions, please contact us.
To Submit, please email us or complete the form below:
The Mission of the Whitewater Banner
Early City Motto "The Banner Inland City of the Midwest"
The Banner has been serving Whitewater, Wisconsin since August 1, 2006