It’s time again for #FlashbackFriday with the Whitewater Historical Society! This week’s photo features another wintery Whitewater scene from the past. Affectionately dubbed “Old Main,” this building stood as the flagship building for the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater campus since the college’s founding in 1868, undergoing many expansions and renovations over the years.
As the result of a fire in February 1970, only the East Wing of Old Main still stands today and is now known as Hyer Hall. This image was probably taken in the 1950s or 1960s. Join us next week for more from the Whitewater Historical Society collections!
(3679P, Whitewater Historical Society)
The Whitewater Historical Society collects, preserves, and interprets the history of Whitewater and the surrounding area. Be sure to join us next week for more from the Society’s collections. Please “like” us on Facebook, and check out our website at whitewaterhistoricalsociety.org!