#FlashbackFriday with the Historical Society: Congregational Church c. 1926

It’s time once again for #FlashbackFriday with the Whitewater Historical Society. Easter weekend finds our local churches busy with both solemn and joyous services. This post card of the Congregational Church was probably taken shortly after the completion of the new addition along Franklin Street in 1926, given the vintage of the automobiles shown in the view.

The addition to the elegant 1885 Romanesque Revival style church building added classrooms, a gymnasium, a small chapel, two parlors, and an office and study. The architect of the addition was Hugo Hauser, a noted designer from Milwaukee, who used the then-popular Tudor Revival style on the addition.

Join us next week for more from the Whitewater Historical Society.

(3747PC, Whitewater Historical Society)

Share This
Posted in ,

Other Recent Posts

Our Readers Share: Deer at Hillside Cemetery

Nature Lovers Enjoy Swift Night Out

Statement from the City of Whitewater Regarding Wednesday’s Emergency Response at UW-Whitewater

NOTICE: Water System Maintenance – South Side Water Tower

Rock River Community Clinic Becomes Federally Funded FQHC

NOTICE: City to Repave Several Streets

Albert’s Dog Lounge Awarded Grant from Green Bay Packers Foundation

Calling all Food Trucks!

Whitewater Community Foundation Announces New Director

Obituary: Mark Harlan Schmuhl, 71

Public Invited to Join University/Community Band at UWW

UW-Whitewater, Duesterbeck’s Partner to Create Warhawk Beer

A Library Card Hits All the Right Notes: Celebrate Library Card Sign-up Month this September

Former Whippets on UW-Oshkosh Football Roster

First Citizens is Latest Whitewater Business to Volunteer at Habitat Houses