(Whitewater Public Library submission) The Irvin L. Young Memorial Library invites interested people to register for a Reliable Health Information Workshop to take place on Saturday, April 10th at 10:30 a.m. This virtual workshop will be available at whitewaterlibrary.org.
This is a free, 90-minute educational program developed by Wisconsin Health Literacy. The program helps adults use the internet to find reliable health information. Participants will learn how to tell which websites are good and practice searching different health topics.
• Searching for health information that can be trusted
• How to read a webpage – finding quick facts and key points
• How to tell if the information you found is from a good source
• Finding sites in other languages
• Differences between using a computer or mobile device
• Local places to use the internet
• Using other online resources for your health