Live music, sidewalk sales, mascots and more!
The Whitewater Area Chamber of Commerce will be hosting its annual Maxwell Street Days and Brat Fry Fundraiser on Whitewater’s historic Main Street on Friday, August 9th & Saturday, August 10th!
On Friday, the Whitewater Chamber of Commerce and its new Executive Director, Jenny Quill, will be in front of the Chamber office grilling brats and hot dogs. Join us downtown for lunch, or, if you can’t make it, the Chamber will offer pre-orders and delivery on Friday only. Call the Chamber office at 262-473-4005 for an order form.
On Saturday, Maxwell Street Days kicks into high gear with live music by Rick and Rise from 10:30am-1:30pm as well as a free children’s activity zone with face painting, temporary tattoos, chalk art, games and a bouncy house courtesy of Winchester True Value Hardware. Everyone’s favorite local mascots, including Willie the Warhawk, Culver’s Scoopie, Ca$h from Premiere Bank, the Fort Community Credit Union Bee, and Monty the Ice Age Trail Mammoth, will mix and mingle with the crowd before going head-to-head in a 50-meter dash down Main Street. Who will win? You’ll have to head downtown to watch the action. Shave ice, guided walking tours of downtown, the Chamber’s brat sale, and tarot card readings round out Saturday’s event fun!
Here are some of the stores participating in the sidewalk sales*:
- Aranda – Store-wide sales; some items up to 50% off
- Aropa Designs – Sales on a huge selection of Warhawk and Whippet apparel & more
- The Book Teller – All hardcover books (except for sets and coffee table books) will be $1. All paperbacks will be $.50. 20% off the following: Select KMA Jewelry (in-store only), John Seizer stained glass, Katy Daixon Wimer photographs, John Dynkowski paintings, Richard Ehrenberg candle holders, Susanne Maroske clothing, and Alice Hall Fiber products
- Dale’s Bootery – 20% off all in-stock merchandise. Hundreds of shoes (men’s, women’s and kids’) will be on sale, starting at $10
- McCullough’s Prescriptions & Gifts– Inside summer sales with savings up to 50%
- Muebleria Leon Furniture– All furniture, mattresses, rugs & blankets 20-25% off
- Reflections of the Past– Inside sales 50% off, red-stamped tags are summer clearance
- Winchester True Value – In-store specials!
- Woodland Quilts – Big inventory reduction sale!
*Hours vary. Please check with your favorite stores to find out when they will be open during those times.
Full Schedule of Events
Friday, August 9
Chamber’s Brat Fry Fundraiser – 11 am – 2 pm
150 W. Main St., Downtown Whitewater
Don’t miss this annual tradition! The Chamber director and board members will be out grilling brats and hot dogs. Head downtown for lunch—we’d love to see you–or we also offer delivery to local businesses on Friday only. Call 262-473-4005 for a sign-up sheet.
Saturday, August 10
Sidewalk sales & family-friendly fun—9 am- 4 pm
Main St., Whitewater
- Sidewalk sales & vendors along Main St.- 9:00am – 4:00pm
- Live music by Rick & Rise – 10:30am-1:30pm
- Children’s Fun Zone – 10:00am – 3:00pm FREE kids games and activities, including bags, giant Jenga, and a giant dinosaur bouncy house, along with face painting, temporary tattoos and chalk art courtesy of the University of Whitewater’s Roberta’s Art Gallery and the University Center.
- Mascot Race – 1:30 pm Ready, set, go! Culver’s Scoopie, Willie the Warhawk, Ca$h from Premiere Bank, the Fort Community Credit Union Bee, and the Ice Age Trail Alliance’s Monty the Mammoth will compete in a head-to-head race down Main Street and will then mix and mingle with guests.
- Chamber Brat Sale – 11am – 2:00pm
- NEW THIS YEAR! Kona Ice Hawaiian-style shave ice truck will be selling shave ice from 11-2. Get here early, because the first 50 shave ice are FREE!
- NEW THIS YEAR! The Book Teller’s in-store tarot card readings on August 9, $5 – $10, and Guided walking tours of Whitewater on August 10th at 11:00am and 3:00pm for $15
Thank You to Our Sponsors & Supporters! The Book Teller, Culver’s, Dale’s Bootery, Generac, Ketterhagen Motors, Premiere Bank, Roberta’s Art Gallery, Walmart & Winchester True Value