Join UW-Whitewater this Wednesday, Aug. 15, 4:30-6:30 p.m., as we celebrate 150 years in the community with the last concert of our summer outdoor concerts — Madison Jazz Orchestra. Also featured:
- Catering by the SweetSpot
- Beverage tent with soda, water, lemonade, beer, wine, special event cocktail: berry mule
- Free face painting, games and kids’ activities with Warhawk Alley
- Meet Chief Raap, the new Whitewater Police Department chief of police
- Science outreach fun with liquid nitrogen ice cream
- History walking tours starting at 5 and 6 p.m.
- Tabling includes the University Bookstore, the Ice Age Trail, Studio 84, Whitewater Grocery Co. and Roberta’s Art Gallery
Bring your own picnic or purchase a meal from our vendors — just no carry-ins of alcohol, please. Due to potential rain, this concert will take place in the University Center. Free parking is available nearby in lots 1 and 12.
The Summer Concert Series is one of many ways UW-Whitewater is marking its Sesquicentennial. For details on other upcoming events, visit uww.edu/150.