Join UW-Whitewater this Friday, June 8, 4:30-6:30 p.m., as we celebrate 150 years in the community with the first of our free outdoor concerts — FBI & the Untouchable Horns, a Chicago-inspired funk band. Also featured:
- Catering by Casual Joe’s: Mini Chicago-style hot dogs, classic pulled pork sandwiches with chips, mac and cheese, build-your-own smash bowls, nacho bar, dessert; vegan and gluten-free options available
- Beverage tent: soda, water, lemonade, beer, wine, special smash cocktail
- Free face painting, lawn games, ball games and kids’ activities
- Campus history tours: 30-minute walking tours starting at 5 and 6 p.m.
- Information tables include Studio 84, the Ice Age Trail, and UW-Whitewater’s Summeround theatre season
Bring your own picnic or purchase a meal from our vendors — just no carry-ins of alcohol, please. All concerts are located just off Main Street on the Wyman pedestrian mall. Free parking is available in lots 1 and 12. In the case of rain, all events will take place in the University Center.
The Summer Concert Series is one of many ways UW-Whitewater is marking its Sesquicentennial. For details on other upcoming events, visit uww.edu/150.