Welcome back to another round of #FlashbackFriday with the Whitewater Historical Society!
This week, we’re featuring the Whitewater Consumers Cooperative Association, founded in 1934 by local farmers and other residents. They furnished petroleum products, auto accessories, and other supplies. By 1936, the Co-op had built the small gas station and bulk tank facility pictured here. The following year, the Co-op boasted over 900 members and constructed a new building. Stay tuned for a snapshot of it next week!
Join us next week for more from the Whitewater Historical Society Collections!
(5891P, Whitewater Historical Society)
The Whitewater Historical Society collects, preserves, and interprets the history of Whitewater and the surrounding area. Be sure to join us next week for more from the Society’s collections. Please “like” us on Facebook, and check out our website at whitewaterhistoricalsociety.org!