Walworth County Treasurer, Valerie Etzel, would like to remind all Walworth County property owners that the final installment of the 2020 real estate taxes is due to the Walworth County Treasurer by July 31, 2021. Include your payment stub(s) or indicate parcel number(s) that you are paying on your check or in a separate memo so we may apply your payment(s) correctly.
Please note: The building is open to the public but masks are required if not vaccinated. The following payment options are available to property owners:
- In Person: Check, cash, money order at the Walworth County Treasurer’s office, 100 W. Walworth St, Elkhorn. Office is open 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- By Mail: Checks or money orders may be mailed to the Walworth County Treasurer, PO Box 1001, Elkhorn, WI 53121. Your mail must receive a U.S. Postmark on or before July 31, 2021. If you would like a receipt(s) mailed to you, enclose a self-addressed stamped envelope with your payment.
- Online: https://www.co.walworth.wi.us/ (Banner note: In order to pay online, you must lookup your property on this page, click on the parcel number, select “taxes,” and click on the “pay taxes” button on the bottom of the page.) Payments accepted via electronic check, debit card, or credit card. Convenience fees for online payments are as follows:
- $.25 – electronic check (echeck)
- $3.50 – debit card (flat convenience fee)
- 2.2% – credit card (fee is charged for total amount due)
- Drop Box: Payments of checks or money orders may be placed in the drop box located at the center median of the parking lot on the north side of the building.
It is important that property owners meet the July 31st deadline. If you miss the deadline, the balance on your account will be considered delinquent and subject to interest and penalty of 1.5% per month retroactive to February 1st (10.5 %).
Specific questions may be directed to the Walworth County Treasurer’s Office. (262)741-4251; email firstname.lastname@example.org
Jefferson County residents may apparently pay their property tax at this link. Those taxes are also due on July 31.