PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT
Bulk pick up in the City of Whitewater will take place on each Thursday in the month of May:
~ May 6, May 13, May 20, May 27~
- These bulk pick up days are for garbage or recycling items that are too large to fit in the toters. This does not include yard waste, construction materials, hazardous materials or electronics (including TVs).
- Electronic recycling is scheduled for May 22, from 9 a.m. – 1 p.m., in Lot B (Cravath Lakefront). Additional information will be forthcoming.
- Place all large items including furniture, carpeting, large metal, large cardboard boxes (emptied and flattened) and appliances 6 ft. away from, not in front of, or next to the toters.
- Small, non-recycle items should be placed in a trash bag.
- Small items such as automotive batteries, tires (2 per home per month), drain oil (in sealed 1-5-gallon container) should also be 6 ft. away from the toters.
- Extra paper or bulk recycling should be bagged in clear plastic bags and placed at the curb away from the toters.
- Solid waste containers, recycling containers and bulk items should not be placed at the collection point sooner than 4:00 p.m. on the day before the collection day.
- Solid waste containers, recycling containers or bulk items should not remain at the curb line after 9:00 a.m. on the day after the scheduled collection time.
For additional pick-up information or removal of TVs, please contact John’s Disposal at 473-4700 for current disposal rates.
More information can be found on the City’s website under Chapter 8.28 – Refuse and Recyclables:
More information regarding John’s Disposal’s services in Whitewater can be found at: https://www.whitewater-wi.gov/231/Johns-Disposal-Service
Brad Marquardt, P.E.
Public Works Director
City of Whitewater