Dr. Roberta Wedl of SSM Health Dean Medical Group Whitewater indicated, “Our organization is accepting donations of medical supplies. If community members have items that are appropriate for donation, they would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. We urge everyone to continue to stay at home and practice social distancing to the greatest extent possible.”
The information shown below describing needed items and how to donate may also be found at click here.
Your Donations. Your Community.
How You Can Help During the COVID-19 Outbreak
SSM Health has received hundreds of generous offers from companies and individuals wanting to donate supplies, personal protective equipment or money to help prepare the medical community for an expected increase in COVID-19 cases. We will direct donations to the areas of greatest need in the coming weeks.
If you are looking for more information on how you can donate personal protective equipment (PPE) in your area, please reach out to representative of your local foundation and they can direct you on how you can best help. Thank you in advance for your generosity as we work to ensure the health and safety of our patients and communities during this pandemic.
THE FOLLOWING PRODUCTS ARE IDENTIFIED AS HIGH PRIORITY NEEDS:
- FDA-approved surgical masks and respirators
- N95 masks
- Thermometers — infrared and forehead with disposable covers
- Footwear covers
- Goggles or eye protection
- Disposable isolation gowns
- Tyvek contamination suits
- Face shields or industrial grinding shields with head harness and plastic shield
- Hand sanitizer bottles or bulk
- Sanitizing wipes
- Nasopharyngeal swabs (nasal type, not Q-Tip-type cotton swabs)