#FlashbackFriday with the Whitewater Historical Society!
This mid-twentieth century postcard image depicts one of Whitewater’s downtown landmarks: the Masonic Temple on the corner of Main and Fremont Streets. First chartered in 1855, St. John’s Lodge #57 has met there since the building’s construction in 1904. It is one of the best examples of the Classical Revival style of architecture in the area.
Join us next week for more from the Whitewater Historical Society collections!
(5000PC, Whitewater Historical Society)
The Whitewater Historical Society collects, preserves, and interprets the history of Whitewater and the surrounding area. Be sure to join us next week for more from the Society’s collections. Please “like” us on Facebook, and check out our website at whitewaterhistoricalsociety.org!