Editor’s note: The following information was provided by the Whitewater Historical Society.
Its time once again for #flashbackfriday with the Whitewater Historical Society.
Football is in full swing on college campuses, including the UW-Whitewater. This week’s view is the Hamilton Gym and Hamilton Field, the center of the university’s sports life prior to 1966 and 1970. Built in 1915, the Hamilton Gym was used for indoor sports until 1966, when the Williams Center opened. Hamilton Field was the location of college football until 1970, when the new Warhawk Stadium (Perkins Stadium) was completed. Hamilton Gym lived on for recreation and other purposes until 1983, when it was demolished.
Join us next week for more from the Whitewater Historical Society collections.
(5513PC Whitewater Historical Society)