Welcome back to #FlashbackFriday with the Whitewater Historical Society!
The Whitewater Historical Society doesn’t just include the city of Whitewater, but the entire Whitewater area! Here is an image from Heart Prairie (LaGrange Township) of the A.F. Campbell Store from around 1910. Rural stores such as this one were very important to local farm families that could now get food and supplies without going all the way to town. Campbell began by first selling his wares door-to-door, then purchasing the store building in 1908. He moved to Delavan in 1910, selling the shop to Wallace Dunham. Dunham owned and operated the Heart Prairie Store until at least 1918.
Join us next week for more from the Whitewater Historical Society collections!(2243PC, Whitewater Historical Society)
The Whitewater Historical Society collects, preserves, and interprets the history of Whitewater and the surrounding area. Be sure to join us next week for more from the Society’s collections. Please “like” us on Facebook, and check out our website at whitewaterhistoricalsociety.org!