Happy #FlashbackFriday and Mothers’ Day from the Whitewater Historical Society!
Pictured here is the Green Shutters tea room & restaurant, which would have been a perfect spot to celebrate a Mother’s Day of the past. While all were welcome, the establishment especially catered to women. Located on the corner of Main and Franklin Streets, it was one of the most popular local restaurants of the twentieth century and it first opened in May 1927, operating during the warmer months every year until about 1984. Mercy Clinic – Whitewater now occupies the building. This undated image depicts one of the interior dining areas.
Join us next week for more from the Whitewater Historical Society collections!
(2291P, Whitewater Historical Society)
The Whitewater Historical Society collects, preserves, and interprets the history of Whitewater and the surrounding area. Be sure to join us next week for more from the Society’s collections. Please “like” us on Facebook, and check out our website at whitewaterhistoricalsociety.org!