It’s time for #FlashbackFriday with the Whitewater Historical Society!
Today’s flashback features one of Whitewater’s historic homes, the Partridge house. Located at 745 W. Center Street, it was built in about 1855 by John S. and Henrietta Partridge. John had migrated to the area in 1846 and opened up a general store downtown. From 1857 until the company’s dissolution in 1892, he was a partner in the Winchester & Partridge Manufacturing Company which produced the famous “Whitewater Wagon.” The home is pictured here in more recent times with the Jim and Claire Stewart family, who have lived in and taken care of this historic landmark for many years.
Join us next week for more from the Whitewater Historical Society!
(5145P, Whitewater Historical Society)
The Whitewater Historical Society collects, preserves, and interprets the history of Whitewater and the surrounding area. Be sure to join us next week for more from the Society’s collections. Please “like” us on Facebook, and check out our website at whitewaterhistoricalsociety.org!