Community Development Authority Board of Directors Meeting (In Person & Virtual)
Whitewater Municipal Building Community Room, 312 West Whitewater St., Whitewater, WI 53190
*In Person and Virtual
Thursday, September 21, 2023 – 5:30 PM
Citizens are welcome (and encouraged) to join our webinar via computer, smart phone, or telephone. Citizen participation is welcome during topic discussion periods.
Please click the link below to join the webinar:
Telephone: +1 (312) 626-6799 US (Chicago) (Houston)
Webinar ID: 870 9963 5841
Please note that although every effort will be made to provide for virtual participation, unforeseen technical difficulties may prevent this, in which case the meeting may still proceed as long as there is a quorum. Should you wish to make a comment in this situation, you are welcome to call this number: (262) 473-0108.
CALL TO ORDER
DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OF INTEREST.
Would any member(s) of the Board wish to declare any known conflict of interest with the items presented on today’s CDA Board Agenda?
HEARING OF CITIZEN COMMENTS
No formal Committee action will be taken during this meeting although issues raised may become a part of a future agenda. Participants are allotted a three minute speaking period. Specific items listed on the agenda may not be discussed at this time; however, citizens are invited to speak to those specific issues at the time the Committee discusses that particular item. To make a comment during this period, or during any agenda item: On a computer or handheld device, locate the controls on your computer to raise your hand. You may need to move your mouse to see Community Development Authority Board of Directors Meeting (In Person & Virtual) these controls. On a traditional telephone, dial *6 to unmute your phone and dial *9 to raise your hand.
APPROVAL OF MINUTES
- Approval of CDA Minutes for 08/17/2023.
REVIEW & ACKOWLEDGE FINANCIAL STATEMENTS: Period ending August 31, 2023.
- Review and Acknowledge Financial Statements for Period Ending 08/31/2023.
- Paul Eckert of Safepro Technologies – Update on Business Activities.
- UW-Whitewater Innovation Center – Memorandum of Understanding between UW-
Whitewater and the City .
- Discussion and Possible Action for Recommendation to Common Council: Economic
Development Director Salary Range. Presentation by Lee Szymborski of GovHR USA.
- Update, Discussion and Possible Action Regarding Proposed Listing Contract for
Brokerage Services for Sale of City-Owned Property.
- Discussion and Possible Action Regarding Richter Development Agreement – Request to
Extend Construction Deadline – Property Located on Executive Drive.
- Discussion and Possible Action Regarding Becker & Bolton Development Agreement –
Deadline to Commence Construction – Property Located at 501 Prospect Drive.
UPDATES AND DISCUSSION
- Discussion Regarding CDA Investment in Building a Spec House or Model Home to
Encourage Subdivision Development or Completion (Jeff Knight).
- Economic Development Update
FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS: Board Member requests for future agenda items.
Adjourn to Closed Session, TO RECONVENE, pursuant to Wisconsin Statutes 19.85(1)(e) “Deliberating or
negotiating the purchasing of public properties, the investing of public funds, or conducting other
specified public business, whenever competitive or bargaining reasons require a closed session. Items to
- Negotiation and Possible Action regarding Memorandum of Understanding between UW-
W and the City for the Innovation Center.
- Negotiation and Possible Action Regarding Development Agreement for A-1 Packaging,
Parcel Located on Prospect Drive in the Business Park.
Community Development Authority Board of Directors Meeting (In Person & Virtual) Agenda
September 21, 2023 Page 3
- Negotiation and Possible Action Regarding Development Agreement with JM
Meadowview LLC for Housing Project on Meadowview Court.
- Negotiation and Possible Action Regarding Development Agreement with US Shelter
RECONVENE INTO OPEN SESSION
- Reconvene to Open Session for possible action on closed session item(s).
A quorum of the Common Council may be present. This notice is given to inform the public that no formal action
will be taken at this meeting.
Anyone requiring special arrangements is asked to call the Office of the
City Manager / City Clerk (262-473-0102) at least 72 hours prior to the meeting.