- 2020 John’s Garbage, Recycle and Bulk Collections – City of Whitewater
- 2020 John’s Garbage, Recycle and Bulk Collections – Town of Whitewater
- 2020 John’s Garbage, Recycle and Bulk Collections – Town of Cold Spring
- 2020 John’s Garbage, Recycle and Bulk Collections – Town of La Grange
- 2020 John’s Garbage, Recycle and Bulk Collections – Town of Lima
- Assembly of God
- B’nai Abraham Congregation For Area Jewish community – Beloit
- Christus Ev. Lutheran Church
- Church of the First Born
- Community of Christ the Servant
- Congregational – United Church of Christ
- CrossPointe Community Church
- First English Lutheran
- First United Methodist
- Kettle Moraine Baptist
- LaGrange United Methodist Church
- Living Word Fellowship
- Millard Community Church
- Richmond United Methodist Church
- St. John Evangelical Lutheran (WELS)
- St. Patrick Catholic Church
- Unitarian Universalist Church of the Lakes – Elkhorn
- Bassett House
- Bethel House
- Chamber of Commerce
- Discover Whitewater Series
- Downtown Whitewater Inc.
- Fourth of July Committee
- Go WW Now
- Greater Whitewater Committee
- Historical Society
- League of Women Voters – Whitewater Area
- Optimist Club
- Seniors in the Park
- Studio 84
- Whitewater Community Foundation
- Whitewater Kiwanis Breakfast Club
- Whitewater Innovation Center
- Whitewater Tourism Council
- Wisconsin Makers
- Whitewater Arts Alliance
- Whitewater Food Pantry
- Whitewater Lake Association
On January 5, 2020, Karl John Skindingsrude, 62, peacefully went home to be with the Lord. Earth lost a great man and Heaven gained quite the entertainer. He was born in Fort Atkinson, WI on April 28,1957 to Russell and Ann Skindingsrude. He displayed a love for cars (and anything…Read Entire Obituary
Philip Thomas Luebke Sr., 86, passed away on Saturday, January 18, 2020 at St. Mary’s Hospital in Madison, WI
Philip Thomas Luebke Sr. 86, Fort Atkinson passed away on Saturday, January 18, 2020 at St. Mary’s Hospital in Madison, WI. Phil was born on March 23, 1933 in Cold Spring, WI to Frank and Martha (Krebs) Luebke. He served his country from 1956-1962 in the United States Army and…Read Entire Obituary
David Koch, 72, of Whitewater passed away peacefully on January 18, 2020 at Agrace Hospice in Janesville
David Koch of Whitewater, WI passed away peacefully on January 18, 2020 at Agrace Hospice in Janesville at the age of 72. A Mass of Christian Burial will be held at 11 a.m. on Thursday, January 23, 2020 at St. Patrick Catholic Church in Whitewater. Visitation will be from…Read Entire Obituary
Richard Hubert Victor Regelein, 96, Whitewater, passed away with family by his side on Saturday, January 11, 2020 at Reena Senior Living in Fort Atkinson, WI
Richard Hubert Victor Regelein, 96, Whitewater, passed away with family by his side on Saturday, January 11, 2020 at Reena Senior Living in Fort Atkinson, WI. Richard was born on February 11, 1923 in Litchville, ND to Benjamin Albert Ludwig Regelein and Ana Mitilda Carolina (Busche) Regelein. Richard served his…Read Entire Obituary
JOYCE ELSIE DOUGHERTY February 5, 1922 – January 14, 2020 Joyce E. Dougherty, age 97, passed away on January 14, 2020 at Fairhaven Retirement Community in Whitewater where she had lived for the past 6½ years. She was born February 5, 1922, in Whitewater, Wisconsin, the first of two children…Read Entire Obituary
Wesley Ivan Nelson, age 93, of Kenosha (formerly Whitewater) passed away on January 12, 2020 at Manor Care in Kenosha
Wesley Ivan Nelson, age 93, of Kenosha (formerly Whitewater), passed away on January 12, 2020 at Manor Care in Kenosha. He was born on October 31, 1926 in Milwaukee, WI to Harold S. and Neva (Ridge) Nelson. Wesley graduated Whitewater High School in 1945, and then the University of Wisconsin-Madison/WALSA…Read Entire Obituary
Roger Helming, 90, of Whitewater passed away on Sunday, January 12, 2020 at Hearthstone/Fairhaven Senior Community
Roger Helming, 90, of Whitewater WI passed away on Sunday, January 12, 2020 at Hearthstone/Fairhaven Senior Community. Roger was born March 19, 1929 in Plymouth WI to Calvin and Esther (Scheib) Helming. Roger graduated from North High School, Sheboygan WI in 1948, and then went into the Navy. After military…Read Entire Obituary
Gladys Mary Gudeyon, age 96, passed away on January 12, 2020 at Our House Senior Living in Whitewater, WI. Gladys was born on January 4, 1924, the daughter of Charles and Leta Porter. She met her sweetheart, Harvey Gudeyon, at a dance in Whitewater and they married on February 9,…Read Entire Obituary
Dorothy Louise Nelson, 86, of Whitewater passed away on Monday, January 6, 2020 at Fairhaven Retirement Community. Dorothy was born on January 26, 1934 to Harold W. Trewyn and Blanche Louise Zimmerman. She was a graduate of College High in 1951 and remained close friends with many from her small…Read Entire Obituary
Lori Ann Turner, 55, of Whitewater passed away unexpectedly on Monday, December 9, 2019 (Updated on 1/8/20 with revised arrangements.)
Lori Ann Turner, 55 of Whitewater, WI, passed away unexpectedly on Monday, December 9, 2019 at her home in Whitewater. She was born July 1, 1964 in Beloit, WI, the daughter of Larry and Carlene (Ast) Summers. Lori graduated from South Beloit High School and went on to earn her…Read Entire Obituary
The Banner only accepts obituaries from direct family of the deceased or a licensed funeral home. There is no charge for obituaries on the Banner.
If you would like to submit an obituary, please email the Editor at whitewaterbanner@gmail..com
Submit a Post for the Banner
The Banner relies on community members - you - to submit news, events, photos, and other items of interest to post. If you have something to share with our community, please tell us. And for the most exposure possible, remember Whitewater's sizable Spanish-speaking population and submit a bilingual post!
- Photos - Please include one photo (preferably .jpg or .gif). Exceptions include graduation announcements (which are published in a long list a couple times a year) and recurring submissions (meeting announcements, etc.). Please send all images with a meaningful filename.
- Flyers or Attachments - If your submission has a .pdf flyer or requires a sign-up sheet, please send a LINK to the document, not the actual document. If you do not have a website to host the file, please send us a Google Drive, Dropbox or OneDrive link.
- News events (including sports, public events of local interest, etc.) - Please include as much detailed information as possible, including names of participants, date, place, etc. Due to copyright laws, The Banner does not post stories from other news outlets, however we will often include links to other news outlets in our posts.
- Life events (births, quinceaneras, graduations, engagements, weddings, deaths, etc) - The Banner posts life events, including obituaries, free of charge. Remember, the more details, the better.
- Upcoming public events (meetings, concerts, plays, fund-raisers, etc.) - We encourage all organizers of public events to submit a listing for the Community Calendar. If you would also like a post for your event, please submit it separately below, and don't forget detailed contact info like website URL, e-mail address, or phone number.
- Private and for-profit events - Please contact us for advertising information for your private event.
- Timing - The Banner is maintained by volunteers who make every effort to publish posts as quickly as possible. If something is time critical, please plan ahead.
- Editorial Discretion - The Banner editorial committee reserves the right to reject submissions for any reason, including but not limited to content, misspellings, inaccuracies, "non-localness" etc. Please edit your submission thoroughly before submitting.
- Questions - If you have any questions, please contact us.
To Submit, please email us or complete the form below:
The Mission of the Whitewater Banner
Early City Motto "The Banner Inland City of the Midwest"
The Banner has been serving Whitewater, Wisconsin since August 1, 2006