- 2020 John’s Garbage, Recycle and Bulk Collections – City of Whitewater
- 2020 John’s Garbage, Recycle and Bulk Collections – Town of Whitewater
- 2020 John’s Garbage, Recycle and Bulk Collections – Town of Cold Spring
- 2020 John’s Garbage, Recycle and Bulk Collections – Town of La Grange
- 2020 John’s Garbage, Recycle and Bulk Collections – Town of Lima
- Assembly of God
- B’nai Abraham Congregation For Area Jewish community – Beloit
- Christus Ev. Lutheran Church
- Church of the First Born
- Community of Christ the Servant
- Congregational – United Church of Christ
- CrossPointe Community Church
- First English Lutheran
- First United Methodist
- Kettle Moraine Baptist
- LaGrange United Methodist Church
- Living Word Fellowship
- Millard Community Church
- Richmond United Methodist Church
- St. John Evangelical Lutheran (WELS)
- St. Patrick Catholic Church
- Unitarian Universalist Church of the Lakes – Elkhorn
- Bassett House
- Bethel House
- Chamber of Commerce
- Discover Whitewater Series
- Downtown Whitewater Inc.
- Fourth of July Committee
- Go WW Now
- Greater Whitewater Committee
- Historical Society
- League of Women Voters – Whitewater Area
- Optimist Club
- Seniors in the Park
- Studio 84
- Whitewater Community Foundation
- Whitewater Kiwanis Breakfast Club
- Whitewater Innovation Center
- Whitewater Tourism Council
- Wisconsin Makers
- Whitewater Arts Alliance
- Whitewater Food Pantry
- Whitewater Lake Association
Dr. Aeilt E. Sents, age 98, of Washington, Iowa died Tuesday, Feb. 18, 2020 at the Washington County Hospital
Dr. Aeilt E. Sents, age 98, of Washington, Iowa, died Tuesday, February 18, 2020, at the Washington County Hospital. Celebration of life services will be held 2:30 p.m. Saturday, February 22, 2020, at the main dining room of the United Presbyterian Home with services conducted by Chaplain Andrew Zuehlke. Interment…Read Entire Obituary
Sandra Marie Hood, 79, Whitewater passed away on Sunday, February 16, 2020 at Mercy Hospital in Janesville
Sandra Marie Hood, 79, Whitewater passed away on Sunday, February 16, 2020 at Mercy Hospital in Janesville, WI. Sandra was born on May 16, 1940 in Chicago, IL to Frank and Edna (Vickrey) Coleman. She married John Hood on October 10, 1958. Sandra had artistic talent and enjoyed making crafts…Read Entire Obituary
Thomas E. McKearn, 65, of Whitewater, WI, passed away unexpectedly on Saturday, February 8, 2020 just outside of Milton
Thomas E. McKearn, 65, of Whitewater, WI, passed away unexpectedly on Saturday, February 8, 2020 just outside of Milton. Tom was born on September 29, 1954 in Beloit, WI to the late Richard and Anne Marie (FitzPatrick) McKearn. He graduated from Beloit Turner High School in 1972. On July 17,…Read Entire Obituary
Alice Scherer died peacefully at Fairhaven Senior Living on February 12, 2020 in Whitewater at the age of 91 after a brave “tussle” with Cancer. Alice is survived by sons Dan (Dee-dee) of San Diego, CA; Tim (Diane) of New Berlin, WI and Grandchildren Emily Scherer, Ryan Scherer and Lauren…Read Entire Obituary
Gerald K. Stork, 78, of Whitewater, passed away Tuesday, February 11, 2020 at Mayo Clinic in Rochester, MN
Gerald K. Stork, 78, of Whitewater, passed away Tuesday, February 11, 2020 at Mayo Clinic in Rochester, MN. Jerry was born on February 1, 1942 in Watertown, son of Harold and Shirley (Smith) Stork. He married Mildred Boyd in Fort Atkinson on November 30, 1963. Jerry was a lifelong dairy…Read Entire Obituary
Jeanne Trewyn, age 88, of Whitewater passed away on Saturday, February 8, 2020 at Fort Memorial Hospital.
Jeanne Trewyn, age 88, of Whitewater, WI passed away on Saturday, February 8, 2020 at Fort Memorial Hospital in Fort Atkinson, WI. She was born in Coffeyville, KS on July 12, 1931 the daughter of Charles and Helen (Gordon) Fardy. She graduated from Whitewater High School in 1949. Jeanne married…Read Entire Obituary
Edward “Ed” A. Ritter, 95, of Whitewater passed away on Wednesday, February 5, 2020 at the Rainbow Hospice Inpatient Center in Johnson Creek
Edward “Ed” A. Ritter, 95, of Whitewater passed away on Wednesday, February 5, 2020 at the Rainbow Hospice Inpatient Center in Johnson Creek. Ed was born on January 28, 1925, on the family farm in the Town of Lincoln, Forest County, Wisconsin, son of Ray and Clara (nee Patzke) Ritter….Read Entire Obituary
Vernon C. Greenquist, age 71, of Delavan passed away on Friday, January 24, 2020 at Mercy Hospital in Janesville. He was born in Evansville, MN on September 13, 1948 to Conrad and Anna (Pederson) Greenquist. Vernon was united in marriage to Mary Wallner in June of 2011. He proudly served…Read Entire Obituary
Eugene J. Frodl, 81, of Whitewater passed away on Friday, January 24, 2020 surrounded by his loving family at Sunset Ridge in Jefferson
Eugene J. Frodl, 81, of Whitewater passed away on Friday, January 24, 2020 surrounded by his loving family at Sunset Ridge in Jefferson. Eugene was born on January 7, 1939 in LaGrange Township to Rudolph J. and Pauline T. (Kelley) Frodl. He spent his early life growing up on his…Read Entire Obituary
Raleigh Jay Williams, age 91, formerly of Whitewater, died at home in Springfield, OR on December 29, 2019
Raleigh Jay Williams06/10/1928 – 12/29/2019SPRINGFIELD—Raleigh Jay Williams, age 91, died at home on December 29, 2019, after a long illness. The youngest of four brothers, he was born on June 10, 1928, in Lincoln, Nebraska, to Jay I. Williams and Joy Riggs Williams. He grew up in Appleton, Wisconsin, where…Read Entire Obituary
The Banner only accepts obituaries from direct family of the deceased or a licensed funeral home. There is no charge for obituaries on the Banner.
If you would like to submit an obituary, please email the Editor at firstname.lastname@example.org
Submit a Post for the Banner
The Banner relies on community members - you - to submit news, events, photos, and other items of interest to post. If you have something to share with our community, please tell us. And for the most exposure possible, remember Whitewater's sizable Spanish-speaking population and submit a bilingual post!
- Photos - Please include one photo (preferably .jpg or .gif). Exceptions include graduation announcements (which are published in a long list a couple times a year) and recurring submissions (meeting announcements, etc.). Please send all images with a meaningful filename.
- Flyers or Attachments - If your submission has a .pdf flyer or requires a sign-up sheet, please send a LINK to the document, not the actual document. If you do not have a website to host the file, please send us a Google Drive, Dropbox or OneDrive link.
- News events (including sports, public events of local interest, etc.) - Please include as much detailed information as possible, including names of participants, date, place, etc. Due to copyright laws, The Banner does not post stories from other news outlets, however we will often include links to other news outlets in our posts.
- Life events (births, quinceaneras, graduations, engagements, weddings, deaths, etc) - The Banner posts life events, including obituaries, free of charge. Remember, the more details, the better.
- Upcoming public events (meetings, concerts, plays, fund-raisers, etc.) - We encourage all organizers of public events to submit a listing for the Community Calendar. If you would also like a post for your event, please submit it separately below, and don't forget detailed contact info like website URL, e-mail address, or phone number.
- Private and for-profit events - Please contact us for advertising information for your private event.
- Timing - The Banner is maintained by volunteers who make every effort to publish posts as quickly as possible. If something is time critical, please plan ahead.
- Editorial Discretion - The Banner editorial committee reserves the right to reject submissions for any reason, including but not limited to content, misspellings, inaccuracies, "non-localness" etc. Please edit your submission thoroughly before submitting.
- Questions - If you have any questions, please contact us.
To Submit, please email us or complete the form below:
The Mission of the Whitewater Banner
Early City Motto "The Banner Inland City of the Midwest"
The Banner has been serving Whitewater, Wisconsin since August 1, 2006