- 2020 John’s Garbage, Recycle and Bulk Collections – City of Whitewater
- 2020 John’s Garbage, Recycle and Bulk Collections – Town of Whitewater
- 2020 John’s Garbage, Recycle and Bulk Collections – Town of Cold Spring
- 2020 John’s Garbage, Recycle and Bulk Collections – Town of La Grange
- 2020 John’s Garbage, Recycle and Bulk Collections – Town of Lima
- Assembly of God
- B’nai Abraham Congregation For Area Jewish community – Beloit
- Christus Ev. Lutheran Church
- Church of the First Born
- Community of Christ the Servant
- Congregational – United Church of Christ
- CrossPointe Community Church
- First English Lutheran
- First United Methodist
- Kettle Moraine Baptist
- LaGrange United Methodist Church
- Living Word Fellowship
- Millard Community Church
- Richmond United Methodist Church
- St. John Evangelical Lutheran (WELS)
- St. Patrick Catholic Church
- Unitarian Universalist Church of the Lakes – Elkhorn
- Bassett House
- Bethel House
- Chamber of Commerce
- Discover Whitewater Series
- Downtown Whitewater Inc.
- Fourth of July Committee
- Go WW Now
- Greater Whitewater Committee
- Historical Society
- League of Women Voters – Whitewater Area
- Optimist Club
- Seniors in the Park
- Studio 84
- Whitewater Community Foundation
- Whitewater Kiwanis Breakfast Club
- Whitewater Innovation Center
- Whitewater Tourism Council
- Wisconsin Makers
- Whitewater Arts Alliance
- Whitewater Food Pantry
- Whitewater Lake Association
Barbara Anne Roth Hill June 3, 1934 — March 22, 2020 Barbara Anne Roth Hill, 85, was called to Heaven and died peacefully on Sunday, March 22, 2020. After battling kidney disease for many years, Barb is finally at rest. She was a loving wife for 64 years to Charlie…Read Entire Obituary
Alan Joseph Kromholz, age 81, of Sebring, Florida, passed away peacefully at his home on March 19, 2020.
Alan Joseph Kromholz, age 81, of Sebring, Florida, passed away peacefully at his home on March 19, 2020. Al was born on May 15, 1938 in Merrill, Wisconsin to Joseph and Dolores (Close) Kromholz. He is survived by his wife, Ruth; his son Joseph (Marjorie Stoneman) Kromholz, Whitewater, Wisconsin; his…Read Entire Obituary
Jeffrey D. Krebs, 50, Waukesha, passed away at his home on March 16, 2020. Jeff was born on December 24, 1969 in Fort Atkinson, WI to Donald E. and Geraldine (Snyder) Krebs. He is survived by his sisters Nancy Stoughton, Waukesha, WI, Kathy (Russ) Carroll, Milton ,WI, Mary (Ken) Simmons, Milton,…Read Entire Obituary
Mary Ellen Pope lost her battle with Multiple Myeloma on Friday, March 13, 2020, at the age of 91, at Agrace Hospice & Palliative Care in Janesville
Mary Ellen Pope, a long-time resident of Whitewater, Wisconsin, lost her battle with Multiple Myeloma on Friday, March 13, 2020, at the age of 91, at Agrace Hospice & Palliative Care in Janesville, Wisconsin. Born to August and Helen (Wellnitz) Frei on March 8, 1929, in Chewelah, Washington, she was…Read Entire Obituary
Doris Strehlow of Omro passed away March 3, 2020. Doris (Klitzkie) Strehlow, was born November 8, 1924, to Harry and Inez (Piper) Klitzkie in Greeley, CO. The family moved to La Grange, WI where she resided until graduating Whitewater Teacher’s College in 1946. She moved to Winneconne to begin her…Read Entire Obituary
Harriet (Neuens) Flood, a longtime resident of Whitewater, WI, passed away on March 7, 2020. Harriet was born in Fredonia, WI on June 11, 1925. She was the first child of William and Loretta Neuens. On June 16, 1951 she married James J Flood, whom she met on St Patrick’s…Read Entire Obituary
Barbara Lewis of Chaska, MN, passed away on February 22, 2020 at the age of 74. Barbara was born to parents, William and Beverly (McCulloch) Kyle of Whitewater, WI on July 24, 1945 in Edgerton, WI. Barbara had a passion for reading and a soft spot for children’s literature. For…Read Entire Obituary
It is with deep sorrow that we share our loss. Janice Anne Fox (Durow) of Port Edwards, passed away suddenly on February 27, 2020. Janice was born to Ronnie and Catherine Durow on August 1, 1944 and grew up in the small town of Astico, Wisconsin. Janice attended the Columbia…Read Entire Obituary
C. Keith Gustafson, 50; died unexpectedly on Monday, February 24, 2020 at his home in Whitewater, WI. He was born on January 6, 1970 in Elkhorn, WI the son of Carl Gustafson and the late Twyla Joye (Agan) Gustafson. Keith was a 1988 graduate of Elkhorn Area High School. For…Read Entire Obituary
Dr. Aeilt E. Sents, age 98, of Washington, Iowa died Tuesday, Feb. 18, 2020 at the Washington County Hospital
Dr. Aeilt E. Sents, age 98, of Washington, Iowa, died Tuesday, February 18, 2020, at the Washington County Hospital. Celebration of life services will be held 2:30 p.m. Saturday, February 22, 2020, at the main dining room of the United Presbyterian Home with services conducted by Chaplain Andrew Zuehlke. Interment…Read Entire Obituary
The Banner only accepts obituaries from direct family of the deceased or a licensed funeral home. There is no charge for obituaries on the Banner.
If you would like to submit an obituary, please email the Editor at firstname.lastname@example.org
Submit a Post for the Banner
The Banner relies on community members - you - to submit news, events, photos, and other items of interest to post. If you have something to share with our community, please tell us. And for the most exposure possible, remember Whitewater's sizable Spanish-speaking population and submit a bilingual post!
- Photos - Please include one photo (preferably .jpg or .gif). Exceptions include graduation announcements (which are published in a long list a couple times a year) and recurring submissions (meeting announcements, etc.). Please send all images with a meaningful filename.
- Flyers or Attachments - If your submission has a .pdf flyer or requires a sign-up sheet, please send a LINK to the document, not the actual document. If you do not have a website to host the file, please send us a Google Drive, Dropbox or OneDrive link.
- News events (including sports, public events of local interest, etc.) - Please include as much detailed information as possible, including names of participants, date, place, etc. Due to copyright laws, The Banner does not post stories from other news outlets, however we will often include links to other news outlets in our posts.
- Life events (births, quinceaneras, graduations, engagements, weddings, deaths, etc) - The Banner posts life events, including obituaries, free of charge. Remember, the more details, the better.
- Upcoming public events (meetings, concerts, plays, fund-raisers, etc.) - We encourage all organizers of public events to submit a listing for the Community Calendar. If you would also like a post for your event, please submit it separately below, and don't forget detailed contact info like website URL, e-mail address, or phone number.
- Private and for-profit events - Please contact us for advertising information for your private event.
- Timing - The Banner is maintained by volunteers who make every effort to publish posts as quickly as possible. If something is time critical, please plan ahead.
- Editorial Discretion - The Banner editorial committee reserves the right to reject submissions for any reason, including but not limited to content, misspellings, inaccuracies, "non-localness" etc. Please edit your submission thoroughly before submitting.
- Questions - If you have any questions, please contact us.
To Submit, please email us or complete the form below:
The Mission of the Whitewater Banner
Early City Motto "The Banner Inland City of the Midwest"
The Banner has been serving Whitewater, Wisconsin since August 1, 2006