Robert John Wagner, 73, Whitewater, passed away on Wednesday, March 20, 2019 at his home surrounded by his family.
Bob was born on November 23, 1945 in McHenry, IL to Leroy and Mae (Smith) Wagner. He grew up in Volo, IL and graduated from Wauconda High School. Bob served his country in the United States Air Force and later graduated from South Dakota State University with a degree in...Read Entire Obituary
Jerry was born to Francis W. and Grace King Laurent on January 8, 1940, in Knoxville, TN, where Francis worked as counsel for the Tennessee Valley Authority. With war imminent, his father rejoined the Navy as special assistant to the Judge Advocate General, and the family moved to Washington, D.C. ...Read Entire Obituary
The Chancellor’s Office has received word that Stephen L. Solheim, age 66 of Whitewater, died on Monday, Feb. 18, 2019. Solheim came to UW-Whitewater in August of 1991 and served as a professor in the Department of Biological Sciences. A celebration of life gathering is planned on campus from 3...Read Entire Obituary
The Banner only accepts obituaries from direct family of the deceased or a licensed funeral home. There is no charge for obituaries on the Banner.
If you would like to submit an obituary, please email the Editor at whitewaterbanner@gmail..com
Submit a Post for the Banner
The Banner strives to be your source for Whitewater news. In order to do this, we rely on community members to submit news, events, photos, and other items of interest to us to post on the Banner.
If you have something to share with and about our community, we'd love to hear it!
To Submit a Story, Event, or Photo:
Complete the form below.
What to include in a post:
- A short description of the event, news story, or photos
- The date, time, and place; don't forget the address!
- Names of participants, especially those in pictures
- Pictures, Photos, Logos; anything visual helps!
- Contact info: websites, URLs, e-mail addresses, phone numbers
- Please host your own PDFs. We will link to this document. If you do not have a website to host the pdf, please use Google Drive, Dropbox, or OneDrive. Sending a link to a file, rather than the file, is best for us!
- For obituaries, please submit the obituary and at least one photo. There is no charge for obituaries posted on the Banner.
Early City Motto "The Banner Inland City of the Midwest"
The Banner has been serving Whitewater, Wisconsin since August 1, 2006