- 2020 John’s Garbage, Recycle and Bulk Collections – City of Whitewater
- 2020 John’s Garbage, Recycle and Bulk Collections – Town of Whitewater
- 2020 John’s Garbage, Recycle and Bulk Collections – Town of Cold Spring
- 2020 John’s Garbage, Recycle and Bulk Collections – Town of La Grange
- 2020 John’s Garbage, Recycle and Bulk Collections – Town of Lima
- Assembly of God
- B’nai Abraham Congregation For Area Jewish community – Beloit
- Christus Ev. Lutheran Church
- Church of the First Born
- Community of Christ the Servant
- Congregational – United Church of Christ
- CrossPointe Community Church
- First English Lutheran
- First United Methodist
- Kettle Moraine Baptist
- LaGrange United Methodist Church
- Living Word Fellowship
- Millard Community Church
- Richmond United Methodist Church
- St. John Evangelical Lutheran (WELS)
- St. Patrick Catholic Church
- Unitarian Universalist Church of the Lakes – Elkhorn
- Bassett House
- Bethel House
- Chamber of Commerce
- Discover Whitewater Series
- Downtown Whitewater Inc.
- Fourth of July Committee
- Go WW Now
- Greater Whitewater Committee
- Historical Society
- League of Women Voters – Whitewater Area
- Optimist Club
- Seniors in the Park
- Studio 84
- Whitewater Community Foundation
- Whitewater Kiwanis Breakfast Club
- Whitewater Innovation Center
- Whitewater Tourism Council
- Wisconsin Makers
- Whitewater Arts Alliance
- Whitewater Food Pantry
- Whitewater Lake Association
WHITEWATER – Donald E. Carlson, 88, of Whitewater passed away on Saturday, May 30, 2020 at home.Read Entire Obituary
Mary Louise Kohn, 73, of Janesville passed away on Wed., May 13 at Mercy Hospital surrounded by her loving family
Mary Louise Kohn, 73, of Janesville passed away on Wednesday May 13, 2020 at Mercy Hospital surrounded by her loving family. Mary was born on January 25, 1947 in Chicago to Chester and Grace (Hayes) Kurowski. On June 1, 1965 Mary married the love of her life John Francis Kohn…Read Entire Obituary
Virginia “Bunny” L. Randall, 87, of Whitewater, passed away on Thursday, May 7, 2020, at Our House Memory Care of Whitewater. Bunny was born on April 4, 1933, in Mauston, the daughter of Louis and Mary (Wurba) Vasilas. On May 15, 1978, she married Charles Randall in Pine Ridge, S.D….Read Entire Obituary
Eric Paul Zipp, 96, Whitewater, passed away on Wednesday, May 6, 2020 at Agrace Hospice Care in Fitchburg, WI. Eric was born on July 24, 1923 in West Allis, WI to Paul and Wanda (Miller) Zipp. He graduated from West Allis High School. Eric served his country in the United…Read Entire Obituary
Dennis K. Rohrs died on Tuesday, April 28, 2020 at Hearthstone Memory Care of complications of Alzheimer’s disease (Updated)
Dennis K. Rohrs died on Tuesday, April 28, 2020 at Hearthstone Memory Care, Whitewater, of complications of Alzheimer’s disease. He was born on November 26, 1929 in Johnson, NE to Vern and Ellen (Rademacher) Rohrs. He received his Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees from the University of Nebraska and the University…Read Entire Obituary
Pearl M. Grosskreutz, 95, of Whitewater and previously of Palmyra passed away on Friday, April 24, 2020 at Fairhaven
Pearl M. Grosskreutz, 95, of Whitewater and previously of Palmyra, WI passed away on Friday, April 24, 2020 at Fairhaven Retirement Community of Whitewater. Pearl was born on August 11, 1924 in Palmyra, WI the daughter of Lawrence “Tink” and Mary (Holm) Carpenter. She married Edmund Grosskreutz on October 9,…Read Entire Obituary
Doris Elaine Wutke, 94, Whitewater passed away on Wednesday, April 22, 2020 at her home. Doris was born on September 28, 1925 in Whitewater, WI to Walter and Martha (Schmidt) Ludeman. She married Ivan Wutke on December 4, 1948 at St. John Ev. Lutheran Church, Whitewater. He preceded her in…Read Entire Obituary
Robert Nelson Burrows passed away peacefully on April 14, 2020, at Hearthstone, Fairhaven, in Whitewater. Bob was born on December 21, 1923, in North Reading, Massachusetts, the son of Frederick Nelson Burrows and Mary McIntosh. Reared in New England, a veteran of four years’ service in…Read Entire Obituary
Kieth Randall Seward, 86, Whitewater, passed away at his home on Tuesday, April 21, 2020. Kieth was born on August 19, 1933 in Williamsfield, IL to William and Myrtle (Morgan) Seward. He received his Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering from the University of Illinois. On September 3, 1960 he married Elisabeth…Read Entire Obituary
Larry was born on March 23, 1958 to George and Beverly (Gumz) Pechous. They moved to Whitewater when he was 3 years old where he grew up on the family farm. Larry spent 40 years working at Weilers/Provisur in Whitewater as a machinist. He always enjoyed his hunting and fishing….Read Entire Obituary
The Banner only accepts obituaries from direct family of the deceased or a licensed funeral home. There is no charge for obituaries on the Banner.
If you would like to submit an obituary, please email the Editor at firstname.lastname@example.org
Submit a Post for the Banner
The Banner relies on community members - you - to submit news, events, photos, and other items of interest to post. If you have something to share with our community, please tell us. And for the most exposure possible, remember Whitewater's sizable Spanish-speaking population and submit a bilingual post!
- Photos - Please include one photo (preferably .jpg or .gif). Exceptions include graduation announcements (which are published in a long list a couple times a year) and recurring submissions (meeting announcements, etc.). Please send all images with a meaningful filename.
- Flyers or Attachments - If your submission has a .pdf flyer or requires a sign-up sheet, please send a LINK to the document, not the actual document. If you do not have a website to host the file, please send us a Google Drive, Dropbox or OneDrive link.
- News events (including sports, public events of local interest, etc.) - Please include as much detailed information as possible, including names of participants, date, place, etc. Due to copyright laws, The Banner does not post stories from other news outlets, however we will often include links to other news outlets in our posts.
- Life events (births, quinceaneras, graduations, engagements, weddings, deaths, etc) - The Banner posts life events, including obituaries, free of charge. Remember, the more details, the better.
- Upcoming public events (meetings, concerts, plays, fund-raisers, etc.) - We encourage all organizers of public events to submit a listing for the Community Calendar. If you would also like a post for your event, please submit it separately below, and don't forget detailed contact info like website URL, e-mail address, or phone number.
- Private and for-profit events - Please contact us for advertising information for your private event.
- Timing - The Banner is maintained by volunteers who make every effort to publish posts as quickly as possible. If something is time critical, please plan ahead.
- Editorial Discretion - The Banner editorial committee reserves the right to reject submissions for any reason, including but not limited to content, misspellings, inaccuracies, "non-localness" etc. Please edit your submission thoroughly before submitting.
- Questions - If you have any questions, please contact us.
To Submit, please email us or complete the form below:
The Mission of the Whitewater Banner
Early City Motto "The Banner Inland City of the Midwest"
The Banner has been serving Whitewater, Wisconsin since August 1, 2006