- Assembly of God
- B’nai Abraham Congregation For Area Jewish community – Beloit
- Christus Ev. Lutheran Church
- Church of the First Born
- Community of Christ the Servant
- Congregational – United Church of Christ
- CrossPointe Community Church
- First English Lutheran
- First United Methodist
- Kettle Moraine Baptist
- LaGrange United Methodist Church
- Living Word Fellowship
- Millard Community Church
- Richmond United Methodist Church
- St. John Evangelical Lutheran (WELS)
- St. Patrick Catholic Church
- Unitarian Universalist Church of the Lakes – Elkhorn
- Bassett House
- Bethel House
- Chamber of Commerce
- Discover Whitewater Series
- Downtown Whitewater Inc.
- Fourth of July Committee
- Go WW Now
- Greater Whitewater Committee
- Historical Society
- League of Women Voters – Whitewater Area
- Optimist Club
- Seniors in the Park
- Studio 84
- Whitewater Community Foundation
- Whitewater Innovation Center
- Whitewater Tourism Council
- Wisconsin Makers
- Whitewater Arts Alliance
- Whitewater Food Pantry
- Whitewater Lake Association
Carol Ann (Clossay) Gevaart, age 82, a former long-time Janesville resident passed away on September 10, 2019 at Fort Health Care, Fort Atkinson. She was born on March 29, 1937 in Jamaica, NY, the daughter of George and Marion (Law) Clossay. Carol was a phenomenal woman, wife, mother and grandmother….Read Entire Obituary
Sharon Lee Splinter, daughter of Harold and Lora (Rowe) Grant was born July 17, 1939 in Sullivan, Wisconsin. She graduated from Whitewater High and worked as an accountant in Indiana until her retirement. She was united in holy matrimony to Richard Splinter in May 1986, and together they combined households…Read Entire Obituary
Bryan Nelson, age 84, of Janesville, passed away peacefully on Sunday, September 1, 2019 at Agrace Hospice in Fitchburg, WI. Born in La Grange Park, IL to the late Marvin and Naomi (Paulson) Nelson. Having lived around the southern Chicago area before moving to Crown Point, IN, the family settled…Read Entire Obituary
Judson Michael “Jud” Lowry, age 66, of Appleton passed away after a brief illness on Monday, August 12, 2019, at University Hospital-Madison, with his family at his side. Jud was born on May 25, 1953, the son of the late Robert and Marjorie (Cox) Lowry in Janesville. He was raised…Read Entire Obituary
Lynton M. Piatt, age 90, long-time resident of Whitewater, WI, peacefully passed away at St. Therese Care Center, New Hope, MN on August 19, 2019. He was surrounded by those he loved and who loved him. He lived a long life, and more importantly the life he wanted. He loved…Read Entire Obituary
Dale Edgar Bornick, age 80, passed away peacefully on Saturday, August 17, 2019. Dale is survived by his children; Janet (Mike) Bennett; Glen Bornick; Scott Bornick; stepson Wayne (Andrea) Graham and family; grandsons Jacob and Brady Bennett; brother Gary (Mary) Bornick and family; Sister-in-law Sherry Bornick and family. Dale is…Read Entire Obituary
Jean L. Steinhoff, 88, of Palmyra, Wisconsin, passed away on Sunday, August 18, 2019, at UW Hospital
Jean L. Steinhoff, 88, of Palmyra, Wisconsin, passed away on Sunday, August 18, 2019, at UW Hospital. Jean was born May 1, 1931, in Pleasant Valley, the daughter of Albert and Edna (Lundt) Emery. She grew up in rural Jefferson County and was a 1949 graduate of Palmyra High School….Read Entire Obituary
The Banner only accepts obituaries from direct family of the deceased or a licensed funeral home. There is no charge for obituaries on the Banner.
If you would like to submit an obituary, please email the Editor at whitewaterbanner@gmail..com
Submit a Post for the Banner
The Banner strives to be your source for Whitewater news. In order to do this, we rely on community members to submit news, events, photos, and other items of interest to us to post on the Banner.
If you have something to share with and about our community, we'd love to hear it!
To Submit a Story, Event, or Photo:
Complete the form below.
What to include in a post:
- A short description of the event, news story, or photos
- The date, time, and place; don't forget the address!
- Names of participants, especially those in pictures
- Pictures, Photos, Logos; anything visual helps!
- Contact info: websites, URLs, e-mail addresses, phone numbers
- Please host your own PDFs. We will link to this document. If you do not have a website to host the pdf, please use Google Drive, Dropbox, or OneDrive. Sending a link to a file, rather than the file, is best for us!
- For obituaries, please submit the obituary and at least one photo. There is no charge for obituaries posted on the Banner.
The Mission of the Whitewater Banner
Early City Motto "The Banner Inland City of the Midwest"
The Banner has been serving Whitewater, Wisconsin since August 1, 2006