- Assembly of God
- B’nai Abraham Congregation For Area Jewish community – Beloit
- Christus Ev. Lutheran Church
- Church of the First Born
- Community of Christ the Servant
- Congregational – United Church of Christ
- CrossPointe Community Church
- First English Lutheran
- First United Methodist
- Kettle Moraine Baptist
- LaGrange United Methodist Church
- Living Word Fellowship
- Millard Community Church
- Richmond United Methodist Church
- St. John Evangelical Lutheran (WELS)
- St. Patrick Catholic Church
- Unitarian Universalist Church of the Lakes – Elkhorn
- Bassett House
- Bethel House
- Chamber of Commerce
- Discover Whitewater Series
- Downtown Whitewater Inc.
- Fourth of July Committee
- Go WW Now
- Greater Whitewater Committee
- Historical Society
- League of Women Voters – Whitewater Area
- Optimist Club
- Seniors in the Park
- Studio 84
- Whitewater Community Foundation
- Whitewater Kiwanis Breakfast Club
- Whitewater Innovation Center
- Whitewater Tourism Council
- Wisconsin Makers
- Whitewater Arts Alliance
- Whitewater Food Pantry
- Whitewater Lake Association
Duane Smith of Whitewater passed away Monday, December 2, 2019 at Lakeland Hospital in Elkhorn, after a long illness. Duane was born in Fort Atkinson, WI on November 27,1955 to Harry Smith and Helen Delaney.He was long time retired from the Heating and Cooling business. In his spare time he…Read Entire Obituary
Paul was born on January 15, 1934 in East Los Angeles, California to Aurelio Sr. and Guadalupe (Romo) Yvarra. Paul completed his undergraduate and master’s degree at UCLA and then received his PhD at Claremont University in California. On September 5, 1964 Paul married Teresa Sanchez. He served in the…Read Entire Obituary
Shawn D. Spoo, 57, of Delavan, WI passed away on Saturday, November 30, 2019 at his home. Shawn was born in Exira, IA on October 21, 1962 the son of David and Margaret (Farstrup) Spoo. Shawn graduated from Whitewater High School in 1981. He worked as a lineman for CenturyLink…Read Entire Obituary
Herminia R. Vasquez of Whitewater, Wisconsin passed peacefully on November 26, 2019, surrounded by family and friends. Herminia, or Minnie, as many people called her, was born in Laredo, Texas on July 19th, 1936 to migrant farmers Abraham and Elvita Rossell. She married her husband Eutimio Vasquez in 1958 and…Read Entire Obituary
Marilyn (Mike) Taylor (born Marilyn Jane Wiemer) died surrounded by family on Tuesday, November 26, 2019. She was born in Burlington, WI on March 19, 1932 to Carolyn and Raymond Wiemer. At 18, she married her high school sweetheart, Merwyn (Mert) Taylor and moved to the family farm where they…Read Entire Obituary
Elizabeth Jane “Betty” Frawley, 88, died November 28 at Fairhaven in Whitewater. Betty was born May 4, 1931, at home on a dairy farm in Bassett, Wisconsin, to Henry and Tillie Nienhaus. Betty graduated from Wilmot High School, attended Racine-Kenosha Teachers College in Union Grove, State Normal Teachers School in…Read Entire Obituary
Jean Marie Leedham, 86, a long-time resident of Whitewater, died on Tuesday, November 26, 2019 at Fairhaven Senior Services. Jean was born on April 22, 1933 in Brooklyn, NY to Cajus Elsworth and Nina (Gist) Leedham. She received a degree in Christian Education and Psychology from National College in Kansas…Read Entire Obituary
Ismael “Mike” Aranda, 22, Whitewater passed away on November 24, 2019. Mike was born on October 26, 1997 in Fort Atkinson to Martin and Maria Antonia (Villegas) Aranda. He graduated from Whitewater High School. Mike was very respectful and hardworking, and family and friends were very important to him. He…Read Entire Obituary
Robert Howard Wright, age 100, died November 12, 2019 at Fairhaven in Whitewater, Wisconsin. He was born in Chicago, IL October 12, 1919 to Howard B and Mary A (Ramsgard) Wright. He grew up in Glen Ridge, NJ. He attended Cornell University and was also involved in Army ROTC. In…Read Entire Obituary
Arthur “Art” Speerbrecher, 75, Whitewater passed away peacefully on Sunday, November 10, 2019 at his home surrounded by his family. Art was born on January 19, 1944 in Milwaukee, WI to Robert and Edith (Seignemartin) Speerbrecher. He graduated from Greendale High School. Art served his country in the United States…Read Entire Obituary
The Banner only accepts obituaries from direct family of the deceased or a licensed funeral home. There is no charge for obituaries on the Banner.
If you would like to submit an obituary, please email the Editor at whitewaterbanner@gmail..com
Submit a Post for the Banner
The Banner relies on community members - you - to submit news, events, photos, and other items of interest to post. If you have something to share with our community, please tell us. And for the most exposure possible, remember Whitewater's sizable Spanish-speaking population and submit a bilingual post!
- Photos - Please include one photo (preferably .jpg or .gif). Exceptions include graduation announcements (which are published in a long list a couple times a year) and recurring submissions (meeting announcements, etc.). Please send all images with a meaningful filename.
- Flyers or Attachments - If your submission has a .pdf flyer or requires a sign-up sheet, please send a LINK to the document, not the actual document. If you do not have a website to host the file, please send us a Google Drive, Dropbox or OneDrive link.
- News events (including sports, public events of local interest, etc.) - Please include as much detailed information as possible, including names of participants, date, place, etc. Due to copyright laws, The Banner does not post stories from other news outlets, however we will often include links to other news outlets in our posts.
- Life events (births, quinceaneras, graduations, engagements, weddings, deaths, etc) - The Banner posts life events, including obituaries, free of charge. Remember, the more details, the better.
- Upcoming public events (meetings, concerts, plays, fund-raisers, etc.) - We encourage all organizers of public events to submit a listing for the Community Calendar. If you would also like a post for your event, please submit it separately below, and don't forget detailed contact info like website URL, e-mail address, or phone number.
- Private and for-profit events - Please contact us for advertising information for your private event.
- Timing - The Banner is maintained by volunteers who make every effort to publish posts as quickly as possible. If something is time critical, please plan ahead.
- Editorial Discretion - The Banner editorial committee reserves the right to reject submissions for any reason, including but not limited to content, misspellings, inaccuracies, "non-localness" etc. Please edit your submission thoroughly before submitting.
- Questions - If you have any questions, please contact us.
To Submit, please email us or complete the form below:
The Mission of the Whitewater Banner
Early City Motto "The Banner Inland City of the Midwest"
The Banner has been serving Whitewater, Wisconsin since August 1, 2006