Kieth Randall Seward, 86, Whitewater, passed away at his home on Tuesday, April 21, 2020. Kieth was born on August 19, 1933 in Williamsfield, IL to William and Myrtle (Morgan) Seward. He received his Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering from the University of Illinois. On September 3, 1960 he married Elisabeth…Read Entire Obituary
Larry was born on March 23, 1958 to George and Beverly (Gumz) Pechous. They moved to Whitewater when he was 3 years old where he grew up on the family farm. Larry spent 40 years working at Weilers/Provisur in Whitewater as a machinist. He always enjoyed his hunting and fishing….Read Entire Obituary
Kenneth Roger Heckert, 87, of Elkhorn, Wisconsin, passed away peacefully on Monday, April 6, 2020. Kenneth (Ken or Kenny as those who knew him would refer) was born to Elmer and Althea Heckert in Elkhorn, WI on December 23, 1932. He graduated from Antigo High School in 1951 and played…Read Entire Obituary
David Arthur McComb, 63, Whitewater, lost his life on Mon., April 6, 2020 in an accident while doing what he loved
David Arthur McComb, 63, Whitewater, lost his life in an accident while doing what he loved; working on the farm while listening to music on his headphones. David was born on October 2, 1956 in Pittsburgh, PA to Arthur and Vera (Lynd) McComb. He served his country in the United…Read Entire Obituary
Carol A. Ott, 66, of Whitewater, WI, passed away on Friday, March 20, 2020 at her home. Carol was born on March 6, 1954 to the late Eugene and Dorothy (Pollock) Robbins. She was a 1972 graduate of Whitewater High School and then attended Blackhawk Technical College and received an…Read Entire Obituary
Wallace Merle Robeson died peacefully surrounded by his loving family on Saturday, March 21, 2020 at Fairhaven
Wallace Merle Robeson November 24, 1930 – March 21, 2020 Wallace Merle Robeson died peacefully surrounded by his loving family on Saturday March 21, 2020, at Fairhaven Retirement Community in Whitewater, Wisconsin. Wallace, known as Wally to all, was the only child of Paul D. and Mary (Doubleday) Robeson, born…Read Entire Obituary
Barbara Anne Roth Hill June 3, 1934 — March 22, 2020 Barbara Anne Roth Hill, 85, was called to Heaven and died peacefully on Sunday, March 22, 2020. After battling kidney disease for many years, Barb is finally at rest. She was a loving wife for 64 years to Charlie…Read Entire Obituary
Alan Joseph Kromholz, age 81, of Sebring, Florida, passed away peacefully at his home on March 19, 2020.
Alan Joseph Kromholz, age 81, of Sebring, Florida, passed away peacefully at his home on March 19, 2020. Al was born on May 15, 1938 in Merrill, Wisconsin to Joseph and Dolores (Close) Kromholz. He is survived by his wife, Ruth; his son Joseph (Marjorie Stoneman) Kromholz, Whitewater, Wisconsin; his…Read Entire Obituary
Jeffrey D. Krebs, 50, Waukesha, passed away at his home on March 16, 2020. Jeff was born on December 24, 1969 in Fort Atkinson, WI to Donald E. and Geraldine (Snyder) Krebs. He is survived by his sisters Nancy Stoughton, Waukesha, WI, Kathy (Russ) Carroll, Milton ,WI, Mary (Ken) Simmons, Milton,…Read Entire Obituary
Mary Ellen Pope lost her battle with Multiple Myeloma on Friday, March 13, 2020, at the age of 91, at Agrace Hospice & Palliative Care in Janesville
Mary Ellen Pope, a long-time resident of Whitewater, Wisconsin, lost her battle with Multiple Myeloma on Friday, March 13, 2020, at the age of 91, at Agrace Hospice & Palliative Care in Janesville, Wisconsin. Born to August and Helen (Wellnitz) Frei on March 8, 1929, in Chewelah, Washington, she was…Read Entire Obituary
The Banner only accepts obituaries from direct family of the deceased or a licensed funeral home. There is no charge for obituaries on the Banner.
If you would like to submit an obituary, please email the Editor at firstname.lastname@example.org
Submit a Post for the Banner
The Banner relies on community members - you - to submit news, events, photos, and other items of interest to post. If you have something to share with our community, please tell us. And for the most exposure possible, remember Whitewater's sizable Spanish-speaking population and submit a bilingual post!
- Photos - Please include one photo (preferably .jpg or .gif). Exceptions include graduation announcements (which are published in a long list a couple times a year) and recurring submissions (meeting announcements, etc.). Please send all images with a meaningful filename.
- Flyers or Attachments - If your submission has a .pdf flyer or requires a sign-up sheet, please send a LINK to the document, not the actual document. If you do not have a website to host the file, please send us a Google Drive, Dropbox or OneDrive link.
- News events (including sports, public events of local interest, etc.) - Please include as much detailed information as possible, including names of participants, date, place, etc. Due to copyright laws, The Banner does not post stories from other news outlets, however we will often include links to other news outlets in our posts.
- Life events (births, quinceaneras, graduations, engagements, weddings, deaths, etc) - The Banner posts life events, including obituaries, free of charge. Remember, the more details, the better.
- Upcoming public events (meetings, concerts, plays, fund-raisers, etc.) - We encourage all organizers of public events to submit a listing for the Community Calendar. If you would also like a post for your event, please submit it separately below, and don't forget detailed contact info like website URL, e-mail address, or phone number.
- Private and for-profit events - Please contact us for advertising information for your private event.
- Timing - The Banner is maintained by volunteers who make every effort to publish posts as quickly as possible. If something is time critical, please plan ahead.
- Editorial Discretion - The Banner editorial committee reserves the right to reject submissions for any reason, including but not limited to content, misspellings, inaccuracies, "non-localness" etc. Please edit your submission thoroughly before submitting.
- Questions - If you have any questions, please contact us.
To Submit, please email us or complete the form below:
The Mission of the Whitewater Banner
Early City Motto "The Banner Inland City of the Midwest"
The Banner has been serving Whitewater, Wisconsin since August 1, 2006