It’s time again for #FlashbackFriday from the Whitewater Historical Society!
The weather is getting colder and in the mid-20th century, when many more people had oil furnaces, it was time for a call to the local fuel oil company to top off the tank. One of those companies was the Whitewater Oil Company, located on Whitewater Street near the railroad depot (demolished).
Bill Thayer founded the Whitewater Oil Company in 1946 and for many years, the company was located in this mid-19th century building constructed for Newton Littlejohn’s lumber company. Later it was a wagon repair shop. The Whitewater Oil Company remained here until 1986, when it moved to Wisconsin Street.
Join us next week for more from the Whitewater Historical Society collections!
(3704P, Whitewater Historical Society)