- 2021 John’s Garbage, Recycle and Bulk Collections – City of Whitewater
- 2021 John’s Garbage, Recycle and Bulk Collections – Town of Whitewater
- 2021 John’s Garbage, Recycle and Bulk Collections – Town of Cold Spring
- 2021 John’s Garbage, Recycle and Bulk Collections – Town of Lima
- 2021 John’s Garbage, Recycle and Bulk Collections – Town of La Grange
- Seniors in the Park Newsletters
- Studio 84 Newsletters
- United Way of Jefferson and Walworth County Newsletters
- UWW Police Newsletters
- Whitewater Area League of Women Voters Newsletters
- Whitewater Area Chamber of Commerce Newsletter
- Whitewater Arts Alliance Newsletters
- Whitewater Police Department Newsletters
- Whitewater University Technology Park
- Assembly of God
- B’nai Abraham Congregation For Area Jewish community – Beloit
- Christus Ev. Lutheran Church
- Church of the First Born
- Community of Christ the Servant
- Congregational – United Church of Christ
- CrossPointe Community Church
- First English Lutheran
- First United Methodist
- Kettle Moraine Baptist
- LaGrange United Methodist Church
- Living Word Fellowship
- Millard Community Church
- Richmond United Methodist Church
- St. John Evangelical Lutheran (WELS)
- St. Patrick Catholic Church
- Unitarian Universalist Church of the Lakes – Elkhorn
- Bassett House
- Bethel House
- Chamber of Commerce
- Discover Whitewater Series
- Downtown Whitewater Inc.
- Fourth of July Committee
- Go WW Now
- Greater Whitewater Committee
- Historical Society
- League of Women Voters – Whitewater Area
- Optimist Club
- Seniors in the Park
- Studio 84
- UW Whitewater Community Engagement Center
- Whitewater Community Foundation
- Whitewater Kiwanis Breakfast Club
- Whitewater Innovation Center
- Whitewater Tourism Council
- Wisconsin Makers
- Whitewater Arts Alliance
- Whitewater Food Pantry
- Whitewater Lake Association
Ismael “Mike” Aranda, 22, Whitewater passed away on November 24, 2019. Mike was born on October 26, 1997 in Fort Atkinson to Martin and Maria Antonia (Villegas) Aranda. He graduated from Whitewater High School. Mike was very respectful and hardworking, and family and friends were very important to him. He…Read Entire Obituary
Robert Howard Wright, age 100, died November 12, 2019 at Fairhaven in Whitewater, Wisconsin. He was born in Chicago, IL October 12, 1919 to Howard B and Mary A (Ramsgard) Wright. He grew up in Glen Ridge, NJ. He attended Cornell University and was also involved in Army ROTC. In…Read Entire Obituary
Arthur “Art” Speerbrecher, 75, Whitewater passed away peacefully on Sunday, November 10, 2019 at his home surrounded by his family. Art was born on January 19, 1944 in Milwaukee, WI to Robert and Edith (Seignemartin) Speerbrecher. He graduated from Greendale High School. Art served his country in the United States…Read Entire Obituary
RICHARD WILLIAM LANDSEE 9/8/1946 – 11/6/2019 To say Rich was the nicest guy you’ll ever meet is an understatement. He was a devoted husband, family man and friend. He loved to tease people and if you knew him for very long, he probably assigned a nick name to you in…Read Entire Obituary
Jim (Gordon James) Newmann, 67, of Trempealeau passed away Saturday November 2, 2019 at his home. Celebration of Life service will be held at 11:00am on Wednesday, November 6, 2019 at Trempealeau United Methodist Church, 24255 4th St, Trempealeau, WI 54661. Pastor Mary Beth Scow will officiate. A visitation will…Read Entire Obituary
Adela C. Garcia, 23, of Fort Atkinson became an angel on Saturday, October 26, 2019. Adela was born at Lakeland Center Hospital in Elkhorn to Manuel Garcia and Ermalinda (Herrera) Anderson. She spent her early years in East Troy and later moved to Palmyra where she graduated in 2014. She…Read Entire Obituary
A heart heavy with the loss of Brent P. Alwin age 69 who passed away unexpectedly on October 24, 2019. Our grief is lightened by the knowledge he is being welcomed home with loving, open arms by his mother Joie and father “Big Walt”, sister April and brothers Scott and…Read Entire Obituary
Fannie Hicklin, the fierce and beloved theater professor who became the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater’s first African American faculty member and who left a creative legacy that both transformed and transcended campus, has died at the age of 101. She passed away Friday at her home in Madison, Wisconsin, according to…Read Entire Obituary
Kay L. Gustafson, 71, of Whitewater passed away unexpectedly on Sunday, October 20, 2019.Kay was born on July 21, 1948 in Milwaukee WI, the daughter of Forest and Esther (Jacobson) Eagleburger. She worked as a mail clerk for Northwestern Mutual Company for the majority of her working career. Kay was…Read Entire Obituary
Mary Shea Peters passed away peacefully on October 16, 2019 at Waukesha Memorial Hospital. During her final days, she was surrounded by many family members who helped to care and comfort her as she made the transition to being with her Lord and Savior, as well as other loved ones,…Read Entire Obituary
The Banner only accepts obituaries from direct family of the deceased or a licensed funeral home. There is no charge for obituaries on the Banner.
If you would like to submit an obituary, please email the Editor at firstname.lastname@example.org
Submit a Post for the Banner
The Banner relies on community members - you - to submit news, events, photos, and other items of interest to post. If you have something to share with our community, please tell us. And for the most exposure possible, remember Whitewater's sizable Spanish-speaking population and submit a bilingual post!
- Photos - Please include one photo (preferably .jpg or .gif). Exceptions include graduation announcements (which are published in a long list a couple times a year) and recurring submissions (meeting announcements, etc.). Please send all images with a meaningful filename.
- Flyers or Attachments - If your submission has a .pdf flyer or requires a sign-up sheet, please send a LINK to the document, not the actual document. If you do not have a website to host the file, please send us a Google Drive, Dropbox or OneDrive link.
- News events (including sports, public events of local interest, etc.) - Please include as much detailed information as possible, including names of participants, date, place, etc. Due to copyright laws, The Banner does not post stories from other news outlets, however we will often include links to other news outlets in our posts.
- Life events (births, quinceaneras, graduations, engagements, weddings, deaths, etc) - The Banner posts life events, including obituaries, free of charge. Remember, the more details, the better.
- Upcoming public events (meetings, concerts, plays, fund-raisers, etc.) - We encourage all organizers of public events to submit a listing for the Community Calendar. If you would also like a post for your event, please submit it separately below, and don't forget detailed contact info like website URL, e-mail address, or phone number.
- Private and for-profit events - Please contact us for advertising information for your private event.
- Timing - The Banner is maintained by volunteers who make every effort to publish posts as quickly as possible. If something is time critical, please plan ahead.
- Editorial Discretion - The Banner editorial committee reserves the right to reject submissions for any reason, including but not limited to content, misspellings, inaccuracies, "non-localness" etc. Please edit your submission thoroughly before submitting.
- Questions - If you have any questions, please contact us.
To Submit, please email us or complete the form below:
The Mission of the Whitewater Banner
Early City Motto "The Banner Inland City of the Midwest"
The Banner has been serving Whitewater, Wisconsin since August 1, 2006