1/5/19 Connor Bourke Relays – Fort Atkinson High School
A small group of boys traveled to Fort Atkinson to participate in the Connor Bourke Memorial Relays. The meet was a ton of fun with some unusual relays and lots of fast swimming. The following were the top finishes for the Whippets:
- 2nd place, 50+50 Relay – Jack Mayer, Devin Bazeley, Michael Kuhl and Young Liang
- 1st place, 150 Yard Butterfly Relay – Michael Kuhl, Jack Mayer, Young Liang
- 1st place, 300 Breaststroke Relay – Jack Mayer, Devin Bazeley, Young Liang
- 3rd place, 500 Freestyle Crescendo – Michael Kuhl, Jack Mayer, Devin Bazeley, Michael Kuhl
1/8/19 Whitewater 89 vs Platteville Lancaster 81 and Whitewater 62 vs Badger 108
The Whippets took on two teams on Tuesday, January 8th winning the dual meet against Platteville/Lancaster and losing to Lake Geneva Badger. Successes against Badger include a first place finish in the 200 Medley Relay (Aidan Coburn, Young Liang, Devin Bazeley and Jack Mayer), Young Liang finishing first in the 50 and 100 Freestyle, Devin Bazeley winning the 500 Freestyle and the Relay team of Young Liang, Shawn Chan, Devin Bazeley and Jack Mayer pulling off the win.
In the win against Platteville/Lancaster, the Whippets were able to win 9 out of 11 races and also finished one-two in two races. These top finishes include the ones listed in the above paragraph plus the following:
- 200 Freestyle – 1st Devin Bazeley, 2nd Aidan Coburn
- 200 Individual Medley – Jack Mayer
- 100 Butterfly – 1st Jack Mayer, 2nd Shawn Chan
- 500 Freestyle – 2nd Antonio Aranda
- 400 Freestyle Relay – Shawn Chan, Aidan Coburn, Jon Zheng and Wesley Salverson
Adding times to the Top 10 Times list were Jack Mayer in the 200 Individual Medley and Young Liang in the 50 Freestyle. Big time drops came from Jon Chan in the 200 IM (-15 sec), Zach Tomomitsu in the 100 Freestyle (-11 sec), Antonio Aranda in the 500 Freestyle (-28 seconds), Jovany Manriquez in the 100 Backstroke (-27 sec), Wesley Salverson in the 100 Breaststroke (-4 sec) and Shawn Chan in the 100 Breaststroke (-6 seconds.) Other best times include Jack Mayer and Antonio Aranda in the 200 IM, Young Liang and Jonathan Manriquez in the 50 Freestyle and Jovany Manriquez in the 100 Butterfly.