- 2020 John’s Garbage, Recycle and Bulk Collections – City of Whitewater
- 2020 John’s Garbage, Recycle and Bulk Collections – Town of Whitewater
- 2020 John’s Garbage, Recycle and Bulk Collections – Town of Cold Spring
- 2020 John’s Garbage, Recycle and Bulk Collections – Town of La Grange
- 2020 John’s Garbage, Recycle and Bulk Collections – Town of Lima
- Assembly of God
- B’nai Abraham Congregation For Area Jewish community – Beloit
- Christus Ev. Lutheran Church
- Church of the First Born
- Community of Christ the Servant
- Congregational – United Church of Christ
- CrossPointe Community Church
- First English Lutheran
- First United Methodist
- Kettle Moraine Baptist
- LaGrange United Methodist Church
- Living Word Fellowship
- Millard Community Church
- Richmond United Methodist Church
- St. John Evangelical Lutheran (WELS)
- St. Patrick Catholic Church
- Unitarian Universalist Church of the Lakes – Elkhorn
- Bassett House
- Bethel House
- Chamber of Commerce
- Discover Whitewater Series
- Downtown Whitewater Inc.
- Fourth of July Committee
- Go WW Now
- Greater Whitewater Committee
- Historical Society
- League of Women Voters – Whitewater Area
- Optimist Club
- Seniors in the Park
- Studio 84
- Whitewater Community Foundation
- Whitewater Kiwanis Breakfast Club
- Whitewater Innovation Center
- Whitewater Tourism Council
- Wisconsin Makers
- Whitewater Arts Alliance
- Whitewater Food Pantry
- Whitewater Lake Association
Charles (Cork) Howard Boelkow, age 76, moved on to his heavenly home on Sunday, January 5, 2020, surrounded by his family and friends. Charles was born on November 16, 1943, in Elkhorn, WI the son of Frederick and Carol (Longstaff) Boelkow. Charles married Bonnie L. Bittner on July 14, 1962….Read Entire Obituary
Scott A. Astin, age 66, passed away peacefully on December 30, 2019. Born in Fort Atkinson on June 21, 1953 to Albert and Ruth (nee Foelker) Astin, Scott is survived by his beloved wife Georgianne ‘Tutty’ (nee Lenardos), loving son Andrew, brother Charles (Barb), brother-in-law Robert Kraiss, sister-in-law Evie Lenardos,…Read Entire Obituary
Jeffery Evans NelsonDecember 2, 1947-December 10, 2019 Jeffery Nelson, 70, of Milton, passed away at Oak Park Place of Janesville with loved ones by his side. He was born in Frankfort, IL to Marvin and Naomi Nelson. The family came to Wisconsin and settled in Whitewater from Indiana in 1952….Read Entire Obituary
Victor F. Shober, age 94, formerly of Whitewater, WI, passed away Sunday, December 29, 2019 in Appleton, WI. Victor was born on July 14, 1925 in Monroe, WI. He spent his early life in Southeastern Wisconsin and Whitewater with his parents, Harry O. and Martha L. (Wolfe) Shober. He graduated…Read Entire Obituary
Rodney Dean Berg, 84, died peacefully at home on December 10th with his wife and daughters at his side. He was born on December 13, 1934 to Chester and Irene (Sievert) Berg. He was raised on the family farm on Berg Road, Lima Township in Rock County. The second of…Read Entire Obituary
Teresa M. Messier, 59, passed away peacefully in the early morning hours of December 14, 2019, at the Rainbow Hospice Center in Johnson Creek, with her loved ones by her side. Terry was born in Fort Atkinson, Wisconsin, on October 31, 1960 to Blaine and Shirley Messier. From that time…Read Entire Obituary
Marilyn (Mike) Taylor (born Marilyn Jane Wiemer) died surrounded by family on Tuesday, November 26, 2019. She was born in Burlington, WI on March 19, 1932 to Carolyn and Raymond Wiemer. At 18, she married her high school sweetheart, Merwyn (Mert) Taylor and moved to the family farm where they…Read Entire Obituary
Jean Marie Leedham, 86, a long-time resident of Whitewater, died on Tuesday, November 26, 2019 at Fairhaven Senior Services. Jean was born on April 22, 1933 in Brooklyn, NY to Cajus Elsworth and Nina (Gist) Leedham. She received a degree in Christian Education and Psychology from National College in Kansas…Read Entire Obituary
Ismael “Mike” Aranda, 22, Whitewater passed away on November 24, 2019. Mike was born on October 26, 1997 in Fort Atkinson to Martin and Maria Antonia (Villegas) Aranda. He graduated from Whitewater High School. Mike was very respectful and hardworking, and family and friends were very important to him. He…Read Entire Obituary
Robert Howard Wright, age 100, died November 12, 2019 at Fairhaven in Whitewater, Wisconsin. He was born in Chicago, IL October 12, 1919 to Howard B and Mary A (Ramsgard) Wright. He grew up in Glen Ridge, NJ. He attended Cornell University and was also involved in Army ROTC. In…Read Entire Obituary
The Banner only accepts obituaries from direct family of the deceased or a licensed funeral home. There is no charge for obituaries on the Banner.
If you would like to submit an obituary, please email the Editor at whitewaterbanner@gmail..com
Submit a Post for the Banner
The Banner relies on community members - you - to submit news, events, photos, and other items of interest to post. If you have something to share with our community, please tell us. And for the most exposure possible, remember Whitewater's sizable Spanish-speaking population and submit a bilingual post!
- Photos - Please include one photo (preferably .jpg or .gif). Exceptions include graduation announcements (which are published in a long list a couple times a year) and recurring submissions (meeting announcements, etc.). Please send all images with a meaningful filename.
- Flyers or Attachments - If your submission has a .pdf flyer or requires a sign-up sheet, please send a LINK to the document, not the actual document. If you do not have a website to host the file, please send us a Google Drive, Dropbox or OneDrive link.
- News events (including sports, public events of local interest, etc.) - Please include as much detailed information as possible, including names of participants, date, place, etc. Due to copyright laws, The Banner does not post stories from other news outlets, however we will often include links to other news outlets in our posts.
- Life events (births, quinceaneras, graduations, engagements, weddings, deaths, etc) - The Banner posts life events, including obituaries, free of charge. Remember, the more details, the better.
- Upcoming public events (meetings, concerts, plays, fund-raisers, etc.) - We encourage all organizers of public events to submit a listing for the Community Calendar. If you would also like a post for your event, please submit it separately below, and don't forget detailed contact info like website URL, e-mail address, or phone number.
- Private and for-profit events - Please contact us for advertising information for your private event.
- Timing - The Banner is maintained by volunteers who make every effort to publish posts as quickly as possible. If something is time critical, please plan ahead.
- Editorial Discretion - The Banner editorial committee reserves the right to reject submissions for any reason, including but not limited to content, misspellings, inaccuracies, "non-localness" etc. Please edit your submission thoroughly before submitting.
- Questions - If you have any questions, please contact us.
To Submit, please email us or complete the form below:
The Mission of the Whitewater Banner
Early City Motto "The Banner Inland City of the Midwest"
The Banner has been serving Whitewater, Wisconsin since August 1, 2006