The annual Whitewater Arts Alliance Members Show (and sale) will be exhibited at the Whitewater Cultural Arts Center, 402 West Main Street, from Thursday, Nov. 7 to Sunday, Dec. 8. Except for Thanksgiving week (11/28 – 12/01), the gallery will be open Thursday through Sunday each week from 12:00 to 5:00 P.M. The Whitewater Arts Alliance invites the public to an opening reception on Sunday, Nov. 10 from 1:00 – 3:00 P.M. Viewing the exhibit is free of charge and open to everyone interested in the visual arts.
The WAA Members Show welcomes art pieces by Whitewater Arts Alliance members in any 2-D or 3-D medium completed during the last two years. The Alliance encourages each participant to submit three to four pieces. All participants will be entered in a blind drawing for a free 2019 WAA membership. The drawing will be Sunday, Nov. 10.
Anyone can become a member of the Whitewater Arts Alliance by completing a membership form and choosing a contribution level. Check out whitewaterarts.org and click on “get involved” and “membership” for more details.
From Nov. 7 to Nov. 24, show visitors will also have an opportunity to vote for their favorite pieces on exhibit. When visitors enter the exhibit, docents will give each visitor a set of four adhesive stickers. While viewing the art pieces on exhibit, the viewers will place one or more of their stickers on the white cards beside their favorite pieces.
Participating members of the Whitewater Arts Alliance are to bring their art and completed forms to the Cultural Arts Center gallery on Sunday, Nov. 3 between 3:00 and 5:00 P.M. Current files of the insurance form and the licensing form are on the WAA website whitewaterarts.org on the “forms” menu. Artists are to pick up their art pieces after announcement of the viewers’ choices on Sunday, Dec. 8 at about 2:30 P.M.
1. Submitted pieces should represent work done during the last two years.
2. Submitted pieces must be original. If a piece references or reproduces a photograph, the artist is to have taken the original photograph(s).
3. Submitted 2-dimensional pieces must be wired and ready for hanging.
4. Pedestals are available for 3-dimensional pieces, but if a display case is needed, the artist is to provide it.
5. Members may submit up to a maximum of four pieces.
6. Complete the licensing contract to merchandise images (whitewaterarts.org). At the WAA website, click on “Forms” and then click on “Members’ Show Licensing Agreement.”
7. Complete the general insurance release form for liability while pieces are on exhibit at the CAC (whitewaterarts.org). At the WAA website, click on “Forms” and then click on “Members’ Show Insurance Release.”
8. At the bottom of the insurance release form, you will find information tags for three art pieces. Complete one of the tags for each art piece to be submitted for the show. Attach the tag so that it can be viewed easily from the front.
9. Bring art pieces, completed forms (items 6 and 7 above) to the CAC gallery on Sunday, Nov. 3 between 3:00 and 5:00 P.M. or at another time by special arrangement.
10. Attend the opening reception on Saturday, Nov. 10 from 1:00 to 3:00P. The gallery will be open from 12:00-5:00 P.M.
11. Pick up art after announcement of viewers’ choice art on Sunday Dec. 8 after 2:30 P.M.
The Cultural Arts Center is located on 402 West Main Street in the historic White building near the Birge Fountain. Parking is behind the building. An elevator is available for access from the parking lot entrance.
The mission of the Whitewater Arts Alliance is to promote the visual and performing arts through an alliance of artists, individuals, educational resources, and organizations to promote creativity and diversity that will serve to educate and enrich the lives of the residents of the Whitewater community and surrounding areas.