When the rain won’t go away, we move our Summer Concert Series indoors. Join us in the University Center Concourse as we celebrate 150 years in the community with a free concert, kids activities, informal tours and more. Free parking is available in lots 1 and 12, and drop off is available outside the University Center. Because we’ll be in the University Center, our fun expands into free bowling, billiards, and ping pong!
Join UW-Whitewater this Thursday, Aug. 9, 4:30-6:30 pm, as they celebrate 150 years in the community with our next free outdoor concert — Altered Five Blues Band.
- Catering by the Casual Joe’s, barbecued ribs, mac and cheese, potato salad, coleslaw, and banana pudding
- Beverage tent with soda, water, lemonade, beer, wine, strawberry mule
- Free magician, lawn games and kids’ activities with Warhawk Alley
- Science outreach fun and nature painting
- Free campus garden tours and 30-minute campus history walking tours starting at 5 and 6 p.m.
- Tabling includes the University Bookstore, the Ice Age Trail, Roberta’s Art Gallery
Bring your own picnic or purchase a meal from our vendors — just no carry-ins of alcohol, please. All concerts are located just off Main Street on the Wyman pedestrian mall. Free parking is available nearby in lots 1 and 12. In the case of rain, all events will take place in the University Center.
The Summer Concert Series is one of many ways UW-Whitewater is marking its Sesquicentennial. For details on other upcoming events, visit uww.edu/150.